Options

awards?

So I've heard people say things about awards. What do you do to win awards? I'm #1 with 47.1 fans and no awards

Comments

• Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    I haven't won any awards yet either yet... let alone nominated. It's really frustrating, especially when there really isn't much to do except Arnie's gigs.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    LittleLeahLittleLeah Registered Users 13 Posts
    I've lost twice now in the Star Awards. What am I doing wrong?
  • Options
    carsyndaileelovecarsyndaileelove Registered Users 27 Posts
    LittleLeah wrote: »
    I've lost twice now in the Star Awards. What am I doing wrong?

What star awards? How do you get to that?
  • Options
    Shiro wrote: »
    I haven't won any awards yet either yet... let alone nominated. It's really frustrating, especially when there really isn't much to do except Arnie's gigs.
    Yes it's getting quite annoying. The last quest I did was Oz. I think I've did a total of 3 or 4 including that but the others were small like doing a shift a star beans or when channelle PR had me that little thing with isabella and I had to get at least a rank b boyfriend and talk to that photographer so yeah 3 or 4
  • Options
    What star awards? How do you get to that?

It's the equivalent of the Oscars. You just gotta do some good roles to get to Star Awards... or get frustrated at why you're never getting nominated because they need to fix that.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    It's the equivalent of the Oscars. You just gotta do some good roles to get to Star Awards... or get frustrated at why you're never getting nominated because they need to fix that.

Thank you
    And one last question. I'm dating an alister and I just got to the part in the relationship where he invited me to hishouse but I can't find it. I know it should have a heart but the only one I see is the one where the first person I dated on the game lived
  • Options
    Thank you
    And one last question. I'm dating an alister and I just got to the part in the relationship where he invited me to hishouse but I can't find it. I know it should have a heart but the only one I see is the one where the first person I dated on the game lived

They should be living in the 'same' house. Two (or maybe more depending on how many you've dated) options would appear before you enter the apartment after clicking the heart. Potential glitch maybe?
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    They should be living in the 'same' house. Two (or maybe more depending on how many you've dated) options would appear before you enter the apartment after clicking the heart. Potential glitch maybe?
    But the heart is in the neighborhood and when I click it it goes to the first person and doesn't give me an option. Yeah maybe it is a glitch
  • Options
    zilloxzillox Registered Users 8 Posts
    did you get 5 stars on the project? if you did get 5 stars on the project that was nominated for the award, you should have won.
  • Options
    MiaMia Registered Users 1 Posts
    I think you do have to have 5 stars to get nominated. I didn't get nominated until lvl 19. Didn't start to win till lvl 20. I lost the first 3 times. I thought I was loosing cause I didn't answer the media questions right but then I eventually won anyway. Now I have 3 awards.
  • Options
    SwanzieBSwanzieB Registered Users 1 Posts
    A five star movie isn't necessary. Four stars will do. You have to have the correct responses to ray powers outside, i.e. the right genre, the right lines, studio, whatever he asks. Then once you're inside the awards and you're waiting for the winner to be announced DO NOT cross your fingers. I wasnt winning any awards before but now I've won two in a row
  • Options
    jlave7866jlave7866 Registered Users 10 Posts
    It does take a while to get a nomination. I've had 5 nominations so far, lost the first 2. A trick I've discovered, is you need to select the "cross fingers" option when they are about to announce the winner. I did that on my last 3 nominations and won. Coincidence, maybe, but I won. :).

Also, before going into the award ceremony, you will be interviewed by StarNews. The reporter will quote one on your lines to you, and also make a comment about the movie genre. My suggestion, is to start taking screen shots of the lines and the job offer from your agent if possible.

Good luck all!
  • Options
    Teddysangel1Teddysangel1 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I lost three but on the fourth one I won. I've picked both cross fingers and .... I don't think it matters which you choose. I don't think you're supposed to win at first. I'm level 18 and I've won my first award.
  • Options
    trantrantrantran Registered Users 1 Posts
    Nominated once and won it at level 13. 5 stars on the film and I answered all the interview answers correctly. I think that's what mainly matters. 5 stars plus correct answers, probably.
  • Options
    RaspberryOwlRaspberryOwl Registered Users 3 Posts
    I'm a level 16. I've been nominated 7 times combined. I won 4 supporting actresses and 1 best actress. I've gotten the questions correct and won, then the next time gotten them correct and lost. The award for best actress was right after I traded my #1 position for last place and $10,000. I was bottom of the E list and I totally blew both his questions...but I still won. I've always had at least 4 stars. The only consistent is that I never cross my fingers. Honestly, I think it's all completely random. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to outcomes.
  • Options
    JuhmaltaaJuhmaltaa Registered Users 3 Posts
    I think you need to make a movie for 8 hours and win 4 or five stars (to increase your chances of winning) and then charlenne (is this her name?) will call you saying that you were nominated for star awards. So it will be like the first scene of the game. The one in the cinema with the star news guy...i really dont know if it works. I think only in stardom the a list...
  • Options
    alidrewalidrew Registered Users 8 Posts
    I'm a level 16. I've been nominated 7 times combined. I won 4 supporting actresses and 1 best actress. I've gotten the questions correct and won, then the next time gotten them correct and lost. The award for best actress was right after I traded my #1 position for last place and $10,000. I was bottom of the E list and I totally blew both his questions...but I still won. I've always had at least 4 stars. The only consistent is that I never cross my fingers. Honestly, I think it's all completely random. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to outcomes.

What? Level 16 and been nominated for 7 times? I'm currently on level 16 and having over 1 million fans and still not yet been nominated for once. And I get 5 stars in basically every big gigs. What's wrong with me *sigh*
  • Options
    SONE831SONE831 Registered Users 28 Posts
    I think you need to complete the wooden cuckoo mission first before any nominations. And if by big gigs you mean a 1-3 hour big-budget movie then you wont get nominated, gotta be 8 hours or more
  • Options
    alidrewalidrew Registered Users 8 Posts
    I mean 8, 12 or 24 hours gigs when I said big gigs. Now I'm just waiting for the Wooden Cuckoo Mission.
  • Options
    SONE831SONE831 Registered Users 28 Posts
    And that one will be your first of many more nominations. I've been unlucky with mine but my spirit is still up. Good luck