How to Get Married

howtogetmarried_zps014cfbd0.png
Are you stuck on the whole "getting married thing"? Think your game has a glitch or missing something? Here's a guide all about getting hitched & it's requirements to help you determine whether you are experiencing a glitch or just missing some actions.

Note:
It is not possible to get married or engaged to Game Center or Facebook Friends. This feature is only available to in game characters.
Requirements

Be Engaged (Duhhh) xD ~ Achieve 1250 Points to get engaged
Be on Level 13 or higher ~ This is now the new level required for marriage
Gain 2500 Points ~ This is the required score to get married
Walkthrough

Charlene will call asking you to meet a wedding planner at The Silver Shellfish at The Coast after you have reached 2500 Relationship points & have had the conversation about the wedding with your fiancé. You will get the goal The Planner.

The wedding planner will suggest 2 locations to get married:

O' Love in Las Vegas: 3000 Cash
Wedding in Tahiti: 50 Stars

The wedding planner will tell you to meet with your fiancé to discuss the options. You will get the goal I Thee Wed. When you meet with your fiancé, you will be able to pick where you want to get married. If you choose Tahiti, the flight is free.

You will get the goal The Big Day. Once you've arrived at the chosen location the ceremony commences. The wedding lasts as long as you stay in the chapel/island. It is over after you have said your vows & leave the chapel/island.

When you are married you do not have to date them in fear of them leaving you. Your spouse acts like a pet, (not literally :P), by giving you Energy & XP Points Every 24 Hours by tapping on them. It is not possible to have children.

If you are having trouble & have been on lots of dates with your in game partner but the progress is still stuck on 2499, try the following;

Break Up With ALL LOVE INTERESTS

Anyone with a Heart by their name you must break up with, (except the person you wish to marry). You can do this by clicking the +at a Dating Location. Choose who you don't wish to date & select Break up. This includes Game Center & Facebook Friends.

If you have Never been on a date with your GC/FB Friends you may have gained Relationship Points with them via sending gifts. When you have successfully broken up with a contact a Blue Star or a Broken Heart will be next to your GC/FB Friend's Name, depending on whether you have Co-starred with them. When breaking up with a in game contact there should be a Broken Heart next to their name.
BreakupOption_zpsa54935e5.png

Once you have broken everyone's hearts go to a dating location & start a date with your beloved.

At the beginning or the end of the date, a Pink Speech Bubble with a ♥Black Heart should appear. When this is clicked they'll suggest marriage. Star News will pop up with two news feeds & ta-dah! You're on the road to get married!
If you are still having trouble you can try the following.
Please Note: The suggestions below are Not a Guaranteed Fix.

Double check you have broken up with Everyone
Have a few more dates with your partner
Close Down the Game Completely. When relaunched check your lover's apartment
Reinstalling the Game. Only Recommended for iOS Devices
Submit a Ticket if the problem persists
Break up & get back together

Note:
When T
hey make the Break Up Call you can get back together by paying Stars & it Doesn't Reset your progress. If You Break Up with Them, they will stay in your contacts but they will be unavailable to date for 24 hours or more & have to pay Stars to get back with them.
Prev13456712

Comments

• zaynloviezaynlovie Registered Users 4 Posts
    Thxs, it really helped me
  • GlamazonGlamazon Registered Users 498 Posts
    Great post, thank you. Sticking it now!
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    @Glamazon Oh thank youuu! No problemo :) Every little helps :D
  • LilyxoxLilyxox Registered Users 2 Posts
    Omg thx! I'm heading to Vegas now! :)
  • LilyxoxLilyxox Registered Users 2 Posts
    Umm at the beginning of the date, nothing appears and this is just like a normal date. Please reply because I really want to get married. Thx. :)
  • vianny101vianny101 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Do you have to get back together with the guys that broke up with u so u will break up with them again?
  • Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    This is great! Thanks :)
  • StickToYouLikeStickToYouLike Registered Users 126 Posts
    Great post SamuraiPizzaCat!
    Lilyxox wrote: »
    Umm at the beginning of the date, nothing appears and this is just like a normal date. Please reply because I really want to get married. Thx.

@lilyxox Double check that you have broken up with everyone including game center friends. You start a relationship with GC friends by sending gifts so they are always dotted about. Posted pictures below

9FEC5318-706A-4FC2-A4BB-563BC6F0EC2A-27370-000008257712172B_zps989e31de.jpg
    Heart next to name in contacts who I don't want to date

FE309A2C-F444-4414-BB9E-9D95AADC886E-27370-00000825F1FC1406_zpsa6c8bd9a.jpg
    All contacts you broke up with should have broken heart next to name. GC Friends who you have broken up with should have a star or nothing next to their name

Hope it works for you, doll
    vianny101 wrote: »
    Do you have to get back together with the guys that broke up with u so u will break up with them again?

@vianny101 As long as a broken heart appears next to their name in your contacts, you haven't got to do a thing =)
    This is great! Thanks :)

@Charrmander93 Did it work for you this time?
    Great post SamuraiPizzaCat!

@StickToYouLike I'm glad you liked it :D
  • Kendra_kthKendra_kth Registered Users 5 Posts
    When does the wedding planning begin do you have to be at 2500 already to start?
    Kendra_kth wrote: »
    When does the wedding planning begin do you have to be at 2500 already to start?

@Kebra_kth Yes you have to be at 2500 for the wedding. Once you've hit that your partner will ask to marry you & then you will get a call from Charlene telling you to meet a wedding planner at the silver shellfish. Once you've met her & spoken to your fiancé, you can then go to your wedding :)
  • HollywoodStarletsHollywoodStarlets Registered Users 200 Posts
    Very helpful!! I'm glad you posted this! :D
    ----
    HollywoodStarlets

Add me on Game Center: HollywoodStarlets
  • A2J3A2J3 Registered Users 124 Posts
    SamuraiPizzaCat you did a beautiful job on this tutorial. :cool:
    Aww, thank you so much A2J3 :) I thought if I added a few bits here & there it would make it easy for people to understand & less boring to read. I just wanted to help as it's not as straight forward as you would first think :)
  • A2J3A2J3 Registered Users 124 Posts
    You are more than welcome. I think we should have an official Tutorial thread and this should be added to it because this is the type of stuff good tutorials are made of. Of course we need to really start back from level 1 but I think you know where I'm headed with this. Lol.;)
    Hey, you could change the lvl 17 thing to lvl 15 as you can go to Vegas and get engaged then :)
    Also no it didn't hahahha
    A2J3 wrote: »
    You are more than welcome. I think we should have an official Tutorial thread and this should be added to it because this is the type of stuff good tutorials are made of. Of course we need to really start back from level 1 but I think you know where I'm headed with this. Lol.;)

Arrr shucks :') I love this idea! It would be great for those who are new to the game. I've noticed a lot of newbies being confused about the Dress Charlene asks you to buy. This would really help people =D
    Hey, you could change the lvl 17 thing to lvl 15 as you can go to Vegas and get engaged then :)
    Also no it didn't hahahha

Thanks for the heads up miss Charmander =)
    Ohhhh whaaaaattt :O That's it! I've come to a conclusion. The men you date don't think they're worthy to marry to you! That's what it is xD

Thanks for the heads up miss Charmander =)
    Ohhhh whaaaaattt :O That's it! I've come to a conclusion. The men you date don't think they're worthy to marry you! That's what it is xD

At least my real life fiancé wants too ;P
    At least my real life fiancé wants too ;P

Awww! That's all that counts! Mine hasn't laid that on the table yet xD
    Awww! That's all that counts! Mine hasn't laid that on the table yet xD

He will, trust me. Took my guy two years to propose, he had the ring for a year but waited for the right moment and that was our 2 year anniversary :)
  • keekeedtkeekeedt Registered Users 5 Posts
    I have 2,958 hearts out of 5000? I am not engaged. I have also broken up with everyone else that I had any hearts with. This is weird? Is the new requirement 5,000 to get married?
    @Charrmander93 Awww that is so sweet! Maybe he will soon. I've been with him 4 years so can't be too much longer xD

@Keekeedt As far as I'm aware the requirement hasn't changed. It could be a glitch in your case :/ If you are dating a GC/FB friend it's not possible to get married to them.
  • keekeedtkeekeedt Registered Users 5 Posts
    Oh ok. Yes it is a GC friend. I have wasted a ton of money! Thanks!
    @keekeedt Ohhh that really sucks! Hopefully in a future update the developers will include marriage with friends :)
  • CloeyCloey Registered Users 38 Posts
    Thanks for the tips but nothing is working.
    I'm sorry to hear it hasn't worked for you. If you've broken up with everyone you don't want to date & you're not dating a friend then unfortunately you have the glitch :(
  • MissGeminiMissGemini Registered Users 2 Posts
    If the glitch happens you can break up with the guy and it will put the relationship back to zero. You have to start over again, but at least it will be fixed. Will you please update the guide to indicate that any date location works to get engaged at? I was at Black Widow when I got engaged. It would be nice if the game was consistent for all of us, but it seems to be very different for many people. There are a few that didn't have to break up with any other boyfriends, so it can be frustrating. Thank you for the guide, I appreciate it because this does help.