How to Get Married

Comments

• SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    MissGemini wrote: »
    If the glitch happens you can break up with the guy and it will put the relationship back to zero. You have to start over again, but at least it will be fixed. Will you please update the guide to indicate that any date location works to get engaged at? I was at Black Widow when I got engaged. It would be nice if the game was consistent for all of us, but it seems to be very different for many people. There are a few that didn't have to break up with any other boyfriends, so it can be frustrating. Thank you for the guide, I appreciate it because this does help.

@MissGemini Thank you very much for your generous input :) I just based it on what worked for me as I was stuck on 2499 for ages lol! Which is happening with most of the people I have spoken to.

I understand that different things have worked for others, which as you say is frustrating. Once again, I just posted what had proven to work :D but I have updated the post with your comment.

As for the glitch is it proven that breaking up with the person you want to marry & starting the relationship from the beginning worked? As I would update the post with your suggested fix but there could be a fix for it in the next update & when I broke up with mine on several occasions the relationship progress stayed the same =)
  • GoldsbroughGoldsbrough Registered Users 9 Posts
    Once you break up with him do you have to pay stars to start the relationship over?
  • Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    Once you break up with him do you have to pay stars to start the relationship over?

You break up with someone they disappear from the game.
    I will add this to the post for others to be aware of the difference between them breaking with someone & that someone breaking up with them :)
  • thestellargirlthestellargirl Registered Users 15 Posts
    You break up with someone they disappear from the game.

They disappear for a few hours. After that, they're back on your contact list and you can date them again without having to pay stars.

This is such a helpful thread, but unfortunately, I'm still stuck at 2499/2500. I even restarted the game to no avail. :/
    Add me on Game Center: thestellargirl
    I'm terribly sorry that it didn't work for you stellagirl :( But I'm glad you found the post useful. I hope it works out for you soon :)
  • mithaamithaa Registered Users 9 Posts
    thanks for advice, but still didnt work on me, after we go on date at 2499 meter he just only say hi honey thats all, there is no love bubble
    Awww man that sucks! The only thing I can suggest is try having a few more dates with them. Admittedly I went on quite a few before I discovered what I posted! Hopefully glu get this glitch sorted soon :)
    omg I'm actually getting married now! I broke up with my fiancee, waited for a couple hours, and then started taking him on dates in Infinitum and Black Widow. When I was at 2493/2500, I went to Vegas, put on the wedding dress and veil (I was desperate ok), and started another date. Right at the beginning of the date (after I'd received 5 hearts for kissing him), he started the whole marriage talk, and now I'm on the wedding planner quest!

Yeah, I'm actually pretty excited now :)
    YAY!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! I'm acting as if you are for real hahaha! I'm over the moon it has worked out for you :D jfjrkeminfnhamdhdmd sorry for the excited gibberish xD

On another note I will add what you did to the post to help more users. Did you break up with him or did he break up with him? Only reason I ask is that I have heard different things.
  • scurriescurrie Registered Users 7 Posts
    If i break up with them and get back together with them will i lose all the progress? I've been stuck at 2499 for a couple weeks now
    If he breaks up with you I know for a fact you don't but I'm not too sure about the other way round. I'm trying to get it confirmed so I can add it to the post :) If need be just to be safe, don't date him & wait for him to break up with you. Then you can pay stars to get back with him
    scurrie wrote: »
    If i break up with them and get back together with them will i lose all the progress? I've been stuck at 2499 for a couple weeks now

If you break up with him, you will lose all progress, and he won't be on your phone for a few hours. After those hours, you can call him for dates again, but you'll be starting at 0. If he breaks up with you, and you pay stars to make up with him, you won't lose any progress.
    Thanks Stella for confirming this :) I will update the page with it. I knew if he broke up with you that you don't lose any progress (happened loads of time to me!) but wasn't sure about the other way round as I've read & been told other things :D
  • YriveraYrivera Registered Users 4 Posts
    Thanks it work for me lol
    Yrivera, I'm sooooo glad it worked for you! Congratulations!! :D
    Okay... I am engaged and have been since lvl 13 and I needed to wait until lvl 15 to get married. I am on lvl 15 now and starnews as well Charlene called me about the engagement and I still can't get the wedding quest. I have no hearts with anyone else:
    25iyi2w.jpg

WHY CAN'T I GET MARRIED? I am about to delete the app and re install it to see if anything happens!
    Edit: nothing happened -.-
  • LovelyKayyLovelyKayy Registered Users 2 Posts
    I am level 19 and I'm stuck at 2499! I have no one in my contact list with hearts other than him. Oddly enough, I run into other guys and they're speech bubbles have hearts but don't show up on my contacts. I haven't gotten a call from Charlene either!
    Okay... I am engaged and have been since lvl 13 and I needed to wait until lvl 15 to get married. I am on lvl 15 now and starnews as well Charlene called me about the engagement and I still can't get the wedding quest. I have no hearts with anyone else:
    25iyi2w.jpg

WHY CAN'T I GET MARRIED? I am about to delete the app and re install it to see if anything happens!
    Edit: nothing happened -.-

In that picture is that your current relationship points? Because I think to get married it's a higher score, sooo miss Charmander, try a few more dates to get his juices flowing ;) He should eventually blurt out the proposal xD
    LovelyKayy wrote: »
    I am level 19 and I'm stuck at 2499! I have no one in my contact list with hearts other than him. Oddly enough, I run into other guys and they're speech bubbles have hearts but don't show up on my contacts. I haven't gotten a call from Charlene either!

Firstly, do not speak to those men, they'll make you flirt with them haha! Secondly, you can try breaking up with him. As I said in the post, if you break up with him you will lose all your progress with them & they will disappear from your contacts for a few hours. Meanwhile, if you wait for them to break up with you, your relationship progress stays the same, they stay in contacts & you pay stars to date them again.

Hope it works out for you :)
    In that picture is that your current relationship points? Because I think to get married it's a higher score, sooo miss Charmander, try a few more dates to get his juices flowing ;) He should eventually blurt out the proposal xD

Yeah that is my relationship point! I think if you have sent gifts to your friends and YOU break up with them on their end there might be a relationship status so that could be playing with it
    I'm only thinking you need more due to my own experience. Yeah that may play a part in it :) Dw I have broken up with you as soon as I sent the gift, so if that does hold you back, it's not me xD
    I'm only thinking you need more due to my own experience. Yeah that may play a part in it :) Dw I have broken up with you as soon as I sent the gift, so if that does hold you back, it's not me xD

Im just gonna get to 2499 and see what happens :)
    Yeah defiantly try it, miss Charmander! As I do think it's 2000 odd you need :D
  • A2J3A2J3 Registered Users 124 Posts
    Charrmander93 your right were I was at only I was there twice 1st time level 22 and 2nd time level 24. 1st time he broke it off and 2nd time I broke it off got tired of waiting for the wedding. Good luck I hope it works this time around for you. "Fingers crossed" :D
    A2J3 wrote: »
    Charrmander93 your right were I was at only I was there twice 1st time level 22 and 2nd time level 24. 1st time he broke it off and 2nd time I broke it off got tired of waiting for the wedding. Good luck I hope it works this time around for you. "Fingers crossed" :D

Thanks girl :)
    How long does it take to get the break up call? Its been 4 days of not dating him or anything and still no call?
    If you are engaged to him then date someone else & you'll get the break up call :)
    Just one date? Or does it take more?
    One or two should do it so I've been told :)