Options

Crashing.

Does anyone know of any fix for when the game crashes on start up? It literally won't let me play.
I don't really want to delete and re-install it cause I've actually spent money on this game and it would suck to lose all that progress :(
Game Center: Toyasaur
:o

Comments

• Options
    A2J3A2J3 Registered Users 124 Posts
    Hi Toyasaur did you install the lastest update version 2.0.2. I hope this helps.:D
  • Options
    ToyasaurToyasaur Registered Users 35 Posts
    Yep, I've got the update.
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    That happens to me sometimes, but after a few tries it runs again.
    But I'm pretty sure you''ve tried that already.

Try restarting app/device first. Also I've experienced this: If your device is really low on memory, it will lag badly and not start up like you said. If you want, try clearing up some space.

If that doesn't work, you can take that risk by deleting. Game Center saves Stardom by account, so as long as you tap KEEP when it prompts you, it should save your stuff. And if you're a bit techy, you can save backup files onto your computer before doing so just in case.

Hope this helps :0
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Shiro is right :) you'll only lose your game data & purchases if you restarted your game from the options within the game :D
  • Options
    Thanks guys, especially Shiro!
    I've tried restarting the game and my iPad to no avail :(
    About to try deleting it *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    A2J3A2J3 Registered Users 124 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    That happens to me sometimes, but after a few tries it runs again.
    But I'm pretty sure you''ve tried that already.

Try restarting app/device first. Also I've experienced this: If your device is really low on memory, it will lag badly and not start up like you said. If you want, try clearing up some space.

If that doesn't work, you can take that risk by deleting. Game Center saves Stardom by account, so as long as you tap KEEP when it prompts you, it should save your stuff. And if you're a bit techy, you can save backup files onto your computer before doing so just in case.

Hope this helps :0

How true everything you said is because I found out the hard way, but it ended up being in a good way for me. :cool:
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    lol thanks guys :]
    And you're welcome Toyasaur :P Good luck!
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Make sure you select keep when asked to keep data files :) Good luck :D
  • Options
    It's still crashing :'( arghhhhhhh
  • Options
    Ahhhhh!! Ummm are you playing it via wifi or 3G?

Try closing apps that you aren't currently using (double click the home button. A panel of apps will appear at the bottom of the screen. Press & hold on one the apps & they should all start to wiggle. Select the red (-) on the top right hand corner of the apps you aren't using. Then just press the home button to return)

See if that helps. If not if there are any apps you can delete that you don't use/need, that may improve it :)
  • Options
    Via WiFi! I don't have 3G.
    Tried closing all open apps, no difference :/
    I think my Stardom days are over.
  • Options
    Hmm the only other thing you could try is disconnecting from your Wifi & reconnecting it. Other than that all you can do is submit a ticket to Glu & they'll look into it for you
  • Options
    Cheers for all your help Samurai!
  • Options
    IamthehorizonIamthehorizon Registered Users 4 Posts
    Mine is doing this as well! No matter what I do!
  • Options
    That's okie Toyasaur, has it stopped crashing?

Iamthehorizon if you have tried everything that has been posted then I suggest submitting a ticket to Glu for them to look into it :)