New Update Keeps Resetting

So, I downloaded the new update and it seemed to be working fine, but now it seems like every time I open the app, it resets back to the point in the story where the new update begins. So every time I open the app, I get the call from Charlene and the goal to gift my date, and then I get the call from Max and the 24-hour countdown to get to San Fran starts, and then I have to go talk to the guy at the Silver Shellfish....I mean, my money and stars reset, too, so I'm not losing anything but the time, but it's really annoying because I should be able to go to SF by now, not to mention make the movie with the guy from the Shellfish, if the goals hadn't reset themselves. Is this happening to anyone else?
Prev1

Comments

• SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    That is exactly what is happening to me!! I've purchased two sets of stars as well & both times when it has reset they're not there! I'm submitting another ticket to glu, but I'm gonna try reinstalling it
    Update Reinstalled game & unfortunately it's still doing it. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait for Glu to fix it.

Hope it works out for you :)
  • QueenlaveraQueenlavera Registered Users 24 Posts
    Same problem here, tried resetting as well but problem still there. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    Add me on GC: queenlavera
    I hope so too! I'm getting withdrawal symptoms :p

Since a friend gifted me it has managed to stay where I left it for 12 hours so far... Spooky stuff, huh!
  • A2J3A2J3 Registered Users 124 Posts
    SporkyBeth wrote: »
    So, I downloaded the new update and it seemed to be working fine, but now it seems like every time I open the app, it resets back to the point in the story where the new update begins. So every time I open the app, I get the call from Charlene and the goal to gift my date, and then I get the call from Max and the 24-hour countdown to get to San Fran starts, and then I have to go talk to the guy at the Silver Shellfish....I mean, my money and stars reset, too, so I'm not losing anything but the time, but it's really annoying because I should be able to go to SF by now, not to mention make the movie with the guy from the Shellfish, if the goals hadn't reset themselves. Is this happening to anyone else?

As a matter of fact it just finally happened to me. I guess I spoke to soon when I said I just had the gifting glitches and a few other weirdo issues. Everything I purchased reset. Credit for my movie Dr. Doolots 2 I just completed went bye bye because the game glitched and wouldn't restart. Game doesn't save anything now and that is after trying to do the uninstall/reinstall. So I too will wait patiently. Heeeee. Bites nails nervously.;)
  • ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    A lot of people are having this issue, but I don't seem to have it. :confused:
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Zbj wrote: »
    A lot of people are having this issue, but I don't seem to have it. :confused:

Me neither, but new updates are always unpredictable! :0
    dfk75h.jpg
    A2J3 wrote: »
    As a matter of fact it just finally happened to me. I guess I spoke to soon when I said I just had the gifting glitches and a few other weirdo issues. Everything I purchased reset. Credit for my movie Dr. Doolots 2 I just completed went bye bye because the game glitched and wouldn't restart. Game doesn't save anything now and that is after trying to do the uninstall/reinstall. So I too will wait patiently. Heeeee. Bites nails nervously.;)

:eek: That doesn't sound promising for me :| I've actually got mine working so far, as I mentioned in a previous comment. Lets hope they act super quick on this issue ^_^

Update I spoke too soon, it's reset itself again & all the lovely gifts friends sent me have all vanished. Looks as though I won't be able to play stardom for a few weeks =( God knows what I'll do now lol xD
    Shiro wrote: »
    Me neither, but new updates are always unpredictable! :0

Right. It always seems to have different problems each time.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • A2J3A2J3 Registered Users 124 Posts
    :eek: That doesn't sound promising for me :| I've actually got mine working so far, as I mentioned in a previous comment. Lets hope they act super quick on this issue ^_^

Update I spoke too soon, it's reset itself again & all the lovely gifts friends sent me have all vanished. Looks as though I won't be able to play stardom for a few weeks =( God knows what I'll do now lol xD

This is crazy and I'm soooo tired. I think I'm going to go sleep on it before I throw my Ipad out the door. :confused:
    Have a good sleep jojo! And don't throw your iPad on floor lol! I've let my frustration out by giving the update a poor review & have emailed glu again about the issue but this time I have stated how angry I am. I wasn't before but now I am! Maybe I shouldn't of done the bad review but tbh it made me feel a bit better lol! I feel like deleting the app as it is annoying me everytime I see it lol! xD
    This happened to me now! After refreshing app. So I'm not gonna restart app xD
    Got the same quests though, no Golden Gate Studios for me to film at :0

Time to send extra tickets...
    dfk75h.jpg
  • SophiaCruzSophiaCruz Registered Users 1 Posts
    Same problem here! It's like Groundhog Day, it's so annoying!! I even went back to my old agent because I thought it was Max and his endless assignment's fault :p
    FIX IT, GLU!
    SophiaCruz wrote: »
    Same problem here! It's like Groundhog Day, it's so annoying!! I even went back to my old agent because I thought it was Max and his endless assignment's fault :p
    FIX IT, GLU!

Haha! Ground hog day! Brilliant! It is exactly like that though! I tried reinstalling it & that didn't work. Tbh I'm really angry with glu for releasing this update as they obviously didn't test it properly before doing so. I understand it is difficult & not straight forward for making a game but this by far is the worst update/glitch ever lol!

As you say we hope they fix this issue quickly :)
  • SporkyBethSporkyBeth Registered Users 46 Posts
    I also realized today when I tried it again that when I open the app, I lose fans because I apparently fell off the face of the earth (I can't do any movies; you keep resetting the clock!). I haven't noticed whether or not my fan number resets along with everything else. I hope so!
    Me too!! I lose 30,000 each time I log on!! It can remember that but nothing else!!

This is so unfair! I've also fallen 17 ranks too! Tbh I expect to be compensated for this!
    Aw, I feel so bad for all of you! I noticed you lost fans SPC :(. Hopefully it is fixed soon.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
    It's so unfair :( Tbh this whole thing is making me never want to play it again. I'm so disappointed in Glu atm.
  • KeiaKeia Registered Users 423 Posts
    Oh that explain why you have I think 64 fans at first I thought you was doing bad in the movie which made no sense. I have an iPad and I never seen an new update unless yall talking about the San Francisco one. The only problem I have is each time I get on my goal reminds me I have goal or one new goal. I was upset to find out my Wild Goose Chase movie is gone from my goal maybe I have to many?? Glu should slow down and double triple make sure everything is good. Maybe its a sign that they need to work on the other Stardom and let this one rest for a little bit..
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
    Me do bad at films ..... Never :p

When I checked I have 120 million fans but I would have had 130 by now if it weren't for this stupid glitch :mad:
  • KeiaKeia Registered Users 423 Posts
    Oh silly me :rolleyes: I look at the wrong person and now my gc friends in my contact have no name no more :/
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
    I've got that too! And Shiro disappears from mine :(
  • CryingToYourHeartCryingToYourHeart Registered Users 26 Posts
    I have the same problem, my game restart again and again at the same moment, it's really anoying
  • SporkyBethSporkyBeth Registered Users 46 Posts
    The silver lining to doing this over and over again is that I've figured out what happens with each option. Like, if you're honest with Ray Powers in the interview, you'll lose the movie with McB, but you'll bump into an A-List director who will be glad that you were honest and want to do a movie with you.
    Way to think positive SporkyBeth :) !
    dfk75h.jpg
  • SlickjackSlickjack Registered Users 4 Posts
    It sounds to me as though you are unable to properly save your game when you now play Stardom. It may be that the update process write-protected your save game file. Or, effectively write-protected the file by changing the security settings on the save game file to exclude you from being able to write to or amend the save game file. As a result, when the game starts and reads the save game file, your subsequent changes have not been recorded and you start from the pre-update save game file.

Alternatively, it could be that the game is being saved to a different file name of file location after the update, but the game still opens the old save game file.

While my familiarity with Apple operating systems doesn't extend past Appledos 3.3, I assume that your Mac's have the same sort of features as are present in Windows. Therefore, you should be able to determine the write-protect and security status of the files in your Stardom directory and the timestamp of when those files were last changed. If the situation is either write-protect or security status, you should be able to fix those on your own computer. If the problem is one of the gaming saving erroneously, you can at least notify GLU as to the nature of the problem.

-sj
  • Charrmander93Charrmander93 Registered Users 654 Posts
    People have notified Glu. The thing is, Glu takes months to fix issues with Stardom so if they aren't careful they could lose a lot of customers.
  • Heartbeat9789Heartbeat9789 Registered Users 75 Posts
    I have to start the game for at least 10 times until it works out, since the last update. My phone keeps crashing and is shutting down...i dont get any calls for movies, while i have 6 quests to do. Im really annoyed with this glitch. I need 10 minutes to start the game :( hope they fix it soon.

BTW.: How are you Ladies? Sorry i got lost...i was in Italy for a week. Feeling good right now.
    Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life
    by ourselves alone - we find it with another. - Thomas Merton

Add me on Facebook: Heartbeat Rebekah
    Welcome back Beks! Hope you had... fun? in Italy x3

Yeah, this update came with loads of icky stuff. But they are hopefully slowly fixing the issues that have come up. :0
    dfk75h.jpg
    Heya Beks! Lost in Italy aye.... sounds fun to me! Adding to bucket list: to get lost in Italy :p

As Shiro said this update came with loads of nasty bugs :( But on the bright side I know for fact they are working on the restarting issue. I received an email from the development team who asked for me to try a few things (that's didn't work) Also they have requested my stardom ID so they can look directly into my issue. Hopefully this will massively help ^_^