Having a family

Heyy everyone or Good Morning/Evening/Afternoon lol, So I love the idea having a baby or adopting a child but im still trying to firgue out how its going to work. Also there is a lot of us who is grown enough and mature enough to know how babies are made. But I dont know if this going to happen because we also have to think about the younger kids(5-13) 14-17 years old are already having sex in 2013 of our generation. I dont think Glu want to have bunch of email saying their daughter or son is saying "Look mommy!! Im going to make a baby!". Unless its like the Harvest Moon game where you keep your husband happy for year(which again bring the calander to the game), you wake up sick and found out you pregant and when you give birth three years past. But let me know what you think and your ideas. ~Happy Posting
KKH Android player
Level 29
Rank A+

Comments

• ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Okay first off with the age. If you look in the app store, this game is rated 12+ because of language, alcohol usage, crude humor, mature suggestive themes, infrequent sexual content and nudity, mild horror themes, and mild fantasy violence. I wouldn't worry about age much here as long as the parents are doing their job.

Harvest Moon is a wonderful example, as it illustrates how a wonderful life as a farmer can be. The process of Harvest Moon pertaining to the marriage and children is wonderfully brought out and there is nothing that suggests sexual content whatsoever (except for sleeping in the same bed, which is hardly much at all). And recall that Harvest Moon is rated E for Everyone in ESRB, yet they do this perfectly.

A game like Stardom, if implemented, may throw in some suggestive themes in the dialogue, but in no way, shape, or form, would they physically show anything. It could be exactly like Harvest Moon, where after spending time successfully with your spouse, you will just get pregnant (or if you're a Star, you'd discover your wife is pregnant). Or possibly getting to that 5000 hearts will get you pregnant as well. Charlene may congratulate you and Chet may get some pictures of baby bumps, and of course Starnews may throw in some suggestions. But other than that I see nothing that would be off about this if implemented.

And of course, the calender is definitely something that should be brought about as well. :]

So don't look at the process as much as just the result, which is just having the kids.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • KeiaKeia Registered Users 423 Posts
    I didnt look at the age to play stardom. I still think its a great idea. Thank you for comment just didnt want something bad to happen to the game which probably immposible to happen...
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
    Which is why I told you what it was because I figured you didnt check it before posting this. :]

No problem, and I hope youre not tired of my long, boring, analytical posts :P
    And for things about this, the game devs would never do anything if there was a risk involved with something like this. They stick to the integrity of their game and would never go that far. Don't worry about things like that, as it has been done before in other games before safely and successfully. :3
    dfk75h.jpg
    Oh no! Your long post is fine it incude your though and what you know about the game. I feel like I learn something from you. You play this game longer then me. Im still learning so thank you for you post and your knowledge :)
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
  • mysticmystic Registered Users 233 Posts
    as shiro said the starlet would get pregnant if we reached 5000 points is a great idea.By the way there is a bunch of games on the itunes rated +12 which is not right as the dialogue in the can have some bits that is fit forolder people.
    Game center :: mystic.lily
    Aw thanks Keia :] I do my best.

mystic, thank you :] gotta have something after 5000...
    Yes there are a bunch of games 12+ that may not seem to be 12+. Same goes for ESRB and movie ratings nowadays. It's the shift in generation unfortunately, so for this generation it's fairly .... reasonable -.-
    dfk75h.jpg
    Your welcome I guess we just have to wait and see what Glu has in store for us
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
  • ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    Very interesting post, I agree with Keia on players being too young for the family update. At the same time, I would hope parents regulate what their children install. I like the idea proposed about the game Harvest Moon and how the pregnancy should come about that way. Lol..I made it a point to get up to 4,999 so I could see what would happen in the next update. Being proactive here! ;)
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)