Update Available!

Hiya Stars & starlets!

The new New York update is available to download now!

F7E79A94-285D-4D48-886E-D0BDC1B11FA4-909-0000022C2BF3CFF7_zpse85d4122.jpg

It has fixed the gifting issues to both friends & partners for me anyway! But hasn't fixed the resetting issue. This may not be the update that I was told about so fingers crossed there is another one to come.

If you are playing on iOS 7 this may happen to you

27CBB97C-FA0B-4944-98B5-4906EE0A9C82-927-00000231EA91929F_zpsd9859acc.jpg

Your network & wifi signal, the time & battery life may be visible at the top of the screen in the game, which denies access to the settings menu & cash/star purchases. I have submitted a ticket in regards to this too.

Just thought I'd give you all the heads up ^_^
Prev1

Comments

• QueenlaveraQueenlavera Registered Users 24 Posts
    Gosh I hope so!! I want to jump into San Fran and NY tasks! Fingers crossed.
    Add me on GC: queenlavera
  • ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    Thanks for posting this! My App Store does not tell me I have updates anymore since the iOS 7. :confused:
    I cannot wait to see how New York is going to be! :D
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Gosh I hope so!! I want to jump into San Fran and NY tasks! Fingers crossed.

Me too! It saddens me that we're now 2 updates behind. Tbh I don't think they should be releasing new content until the issues are fixed. There are such updates that just fix bugs. If they keep updating content like this before you know it everything will be done.

Fingers crossed there is another one to come very soon. I have submitted a ticket to inform them the problem still persists.
    Zbj wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this! My App Store does not tell me I have updates anymore since the iOS 7. :confused:

No problemo :3 I wish I could play =( That's weird that your AppStore doesn't notify you. I'm on iOS 7 & it notified me :/ Everything is so glitchy atm!
  • Juicymami7Juicymami7 Registered Users 45 Posts
    I downloaded the New York update and the gifting glitch still has not been fixed. I haven't accessed New York yet from the airport but I did start the story for the two director brothers and as soon as I started the romantic film that was requested, all of a sudden the mission was gone. I see some people said their game has reset, but has it resettled from this point for everyone?
    Juicymami7 wrote: »
    I downloaded the New York update and the gifting glitch still has not been fixed. I haven't accessed New York yet from the airport but I did start the story for the two director brothers and as soon as I started the romantic film that was requested, all of a sudden the mission was gone. I see some people said their game has reset, but has it resettled from this point for everyone?

Incase you didn't know: To access New York you have to do a film to unlock it, the same as San Francisco but that caused a lot of troubles so the developers changed it so you could immediately gain access.

As for the resetting point, mine is from where the San Francisco & now the New York update begin, with the phone calls from Max & Charlene about film roles, meeting a director in the Silver Shellfish & gifting to partner.

As for goals disappearing this has happened to a few players. All I can suggest is submitting a ticket to the developers. :)
  • ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Lol that's weird :\

Good thing I had iOS7 early, but I still have to update from beta so hopefully this doesn't happen :[

Yeah I'm actually still resetting and it's annoying. The bug fixes should have been done immediately and this update should have waited until further fixing.
    dfk75h.jpg
    Exactly Shiro! to glu - you do know there is such an update called bug fixing, right? XD I think it's so stupid of them to do this! New content isn't important right now! The bugs that a lot of people are experincing is what they should be concentrating on! Glu need to prioritise, big time!
    I agree with Glu choosing out bad updates. We need big fixes, not a new city to add more bugs on top of our own issues already! Seriously, I am glad they are trying to add to our game, but they can do that a bit later.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • A2J3A2J3 Registered Users 124 Posts
    Zbj wrote: »

I had to go in and turn mine on manually just now because I too have the new iOS 7 and it did not tell me of an update either. Lol
    Exactly Shiro! to glu - you do know there is such an update called bug fixing, right? XD I think it's so stupid of them to do this! New content isn't important right now! The bugs that a lot of people are experincing is what they should be concentrating on! Glu need to prioritise, big time!

I could not have said it better. :cool:
    So I updated my beta iOS7 finally and my Stardom seems okay. Haven't updated it on my phone yet, just my iPad, which is STILL restarting -.-

Yeah seriously glu, I mean this update looks fine if it weren't for the fact that I can't really play >:[
    dfk75h.jpg
  • mysticmystic Registered Users 233 Posts
    Jusst great !
    new york update habe the same reseting problem
    it resets when i first recevied the call from max about the film .
    guess i will never unlock new york
    Game center :: mystic.lily
  • KeiaKeia Registered Users 423 Posts
    I havent upgrade the new Ios7 and it didnt notfiy me that stardom need an update :/
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+

Keia wrote: »
    I havent upgrade the new Ios7 and it didnt notfiy me that stardom need an update :/

Hmm...then that may be because this update is meant for iOS 7 and you can only update it if you have ios7? A lot of other apps are doing that too in example Pandora did that.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
    I have iOS 5.0 and I got the update :|
    dfk75h.jpg
    Shiro wrote: »
    I have iOS 5.0 and I got the update :|

Hmmmm.....then I don't know.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
    It's probably just a iOS7 thing in general then. My case was probably just an exception because I had just come from beta rather than iOS6.
    dfk75h.jpg
    It notified me too but a few days before my AppStore didn't notify me of updates so I have no idea what's going on lol!

As for updates, if I hear anything from the 2 glu developers I've been talking to, I'll be sure to post it on here or wherever is more suitable. At least this has confirmed that the new update hasn't addressed as many bugs as it has made out.
    Keia wrote: »

Hi,after updating to iOS 7 you have to go in and manually turn it on. You can find it in settings/iTunes and App Store/tap updates to turn them on. Hope this helps.:D
    A2J3 wrote: »
    Hi,after updating to iOS 7 you have to go in and manually turn it on. You can find it in settings/iTunes and App Store/tap updates to turn them on. Hope this helps.:D

Arrr, you clever thing! That may explain why I got notified as mine were automatically set as on. Very helpful info! Thanks for sharing, Jojo :)
    Arrr, you clever thing! That may explain why I got notified as mine were automatically set as on. Very helpful info! Thanks for sharing, Jojo :)

You are Eva so welcome my dear. I just can not wait Til we can get back to being the stars that we should be. Now where is my beach towel and I will order us up some drinks shall I!
    You are Eva so welcome my dear. I just can not wait Til we can get back to being the stars that we should be. Now where is my beach towel and I will order us up some drinks shall I!

Me too! I miss my starlet :( She's forever stuck in starbeans at the coast haha! That sounds like a plan to me! I'll bring the champagne, darling!
    Me too! I miss my starlet :( She's forever stuck in starbeans at the coast haha! That sounds like a plan to me! I'll bring the champagne, darling!

What! What, I will not have it, you must come stay at my place until appropriate travel and accommodations are made for you. This is no way for a starlet to live. There has got to be amends made, actions taken for you being left neglected like this. Heeee I miss such drama:D
    What! What, I will not have it, you must come stay at my place until appropriate travel and accommodations are made for you. This is no way for a starlet to live. There has got to be amends made, actions taken for you being left neglected like this. Heeee I miss such drama:D

Tell me about it!!! My security have just uped & left me standing here like a lemon & Warren has locked the door, holding me hostage! Thank you! You're a sweetheart! Ahh me too! They just better fix this quickly like they said so.
    Tell me about it!!! My security have just uped & left me standing here like a lemon & Warren has locked the door, holding me hostage! Thank you! You're a sweetheart! Ahh me too! They just better fix this quickly like they said so.

Omg, so funny. The back story is hilarious, but the situation is not.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • QueenlaveraQueenlavera Registered Users 24 Posts
    Ok, I am royally screwed. When I had the not able to get married glitch, I started over in hope that would fix it. It didn't but I was able to do a backup restore and get my old starlet back. So silly me tried that again with this new resetting issue. Now when I tried to restore backup it starts over. My reset area is now the stardom start screen. Sob!
    Add me on GC: queenlavera
    Ok, I am royally screwed. When I had the not able to get married glitch, I started over in hope that would fix it. It didn't but I was able to do a backup restore and get my old starlet back. So silly me tried that again with this new resetting issue. Now when I tried to restore backup it starts over. My reset area is now the stardom start screen. Sob!

Oh no, that is terrible! What is with all this troublesome in Stardom?
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • mysticmystic Registered Users 233 Posts
    Warren might have a grudge aginst you if you quit working for him . That or just because he loves your starlet in a stalkerish way
    Game center :: mystic.lily
    mystic wrote: »
    Warren might have a grudge aginst you if you quit working for him . That or just because he loves your starlet in a stalkerish way

Oh my gosh, too funny you guys! I love this hilarious story you guys made. :o Oh, Warren he's such a personality. Haha, I bet SPC's living of Starbeans coffee. Oh wait, all of our starlets don't eat! :p
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • kelokelo Registered Users 6 Posts
    mine is resetting to before CA and NYC were available, and I'm losing fans everytime (however this number stays the same so the first time I lost 3mil, the second another 3mil on top of that...and then I decided to stop playing until someone confirms I'm not wasting my time :)
    The best part, it still seems to recall any $, stars or energy I expended while doing jobs, dates that the game would then forget because when it comes back...I haven't gotten those back. So the game is remembering anything that cost us money....so in other words, those give us 5 stars so we can keep the "free" updates coming aren't looking so free anymore. Submitted a ticket, but I'm guessing I'll get the same answer we always get....
    "please be patient we are working on the glitches and they will be fixed in the next update" which translates roughly to,

"Please keep spending your money until we figure this out, or put out a new update with new and interesting tasks you can never get to because you are in a virtual version of GROUNDHOG'S DAY!"

There is a limit to our patience and the amount of money we are willing to waste for this game (I'm there, not sure about the rest of you but I'm willing to bet you are close if not there with me)...and everytime you roll out a glitch riddled update, that window closes a little bit. I'm about done. One more chance and then I'm done with anything GLU puts out for good. Game is fun when it works, but lately it doesn't work a lot more than it works....