Finally won the awards. !

Comments

• SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    Woop woooooooooooop :D
    awesome stuffs :3 5 stars as well I'm guessing?

If I remember rightly, you got it, MERB :p

The system works hahah!
  • ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    for some reason yes xD

still want people to post how they won though, it's so interesting to know :3
    dfk75h.jpg
    for some reason yes xD

still want people to post how they won though, it's so interesting to know :3

Certainly does! Before the update I won all the time with my old system, but recently I have been struggling! When I got the call I thought "I'll try merb's strategy."

Oh yeah of course! If I win my next award a different way, I'll post it here :3
    I lost! My first time losing :0 Not angry, but just makes me more curious about the system.

5 Stars, wore hideous dress, got first question wrong, second question right, did '...' and lost :0
    dfk75h.jpg
    Now that the resets have stopped, I was finally able to attend my awards for Live on Stage!

I got 5 star, didnt wear hideous dress, lines right, and '...' and won!

Now i can finally get on with my starlets life -.-
    dfk75h.jpg
    Me too! I didn't wear the dress either & I won, which kinda shocked me seeing as I struggle to win Best Supporting!

It's great to be back ^_^
  • ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    Me too! I didn't wear the dress either & I won, which kinda shocked me seeing as I struggle to win Best Supporting!

It's great to be back ^_^

Haven't won best supporting yet. :( Interesting too see all the different outcomes.
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
    Zbj wrote: »
    Haven't won best supporting yet. :( Interesting too see all the different outcomes.

I'm not the only one then! I think that was my 4th time wining but I've been nominated loads of times for it! You'd think Best Actress would be harder to obtain but it seems for me & you best supporting is.
    Yeah i have only won best supporting once, but i only had two nominations for those lol
    dfk75h.jpg
    It certainly isn't as common as best actress..
    Haha, best actress I have eight of! I haven't even been nominated for supporting.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • mysticmystic Registered Users 233 Posts
    2 best actress and one supporting
    Game center :: mystic.lily
  • *(:iSarah:)**(:iSarah:)* Registered Users 2 Posts
    UPDATE: Please tell us how you won your award!
    • Did you get all your lines right?
    • Did you wear hideous dress?
    • Did you get 5 stars on that movie?
    • Did you choose '...' or cross fingers?
    We wanna know!

Sorry for bumping up this thread, but I made some interesting observations...

I've played this game on and off since May. Since then, I deleted the app, re-downloaded it (only to find out that all of my progress from the previous game was gone...), and most recently I got a new device. So my game has been restarted at least 3 times. I should mention that I was an A-lister (at #1) each time I was nominated.

In my first game, I was nominated for best actress in The Wooden Cuckoo, and I won:
    • I got all of Ray's questions right before entering the theater.
    • I did not wear the hideous dress.
    • I had gotten 5 stars on the movie.
    • I chose to cross my fingers.
    In my second game, I was again nominated for best actress in the same movie. I did everything above I had done above (same dress, even!), and yet I lost.

Just a few days ago in my newest game, I was, for at least the third time, nominated for The Wooden Cuckoo. Again, I did everything above EXACTLY and... I won!

Finally past The Wooden Cuckoo, I was nominated for The Red Heart of Mars yesterday and went to the Star Awards just this morning. I won by changing only one thing:
    • I got all of Ray's questions right before entering the theater.
    • I did not wear the hideous dress.
    • I had gotten 5 stars on the movie.
    • I chose '...'

So, despite the rumor that you will certainly win if you get 5 stars and get all of Ray's questions right, this is not the case.
    I am officially super confused. :confused:
    Game Center: the same as my username.
    Oh no, I never said "certainly" win for 5 stars. I said that you must have at LEAST gotten 5 stars for a chance to win(of course this is all from my and other people's experiences as well). 5 stars doesn't guarantee anything, but it seems like you must have at least gotten there to have a better chance of winning (and is probably why you got nominated in the first place, but I have gotten 4 star nomination before). I personally do not recall winning without 5 stars, but I remember clearly getting 4 stars on one and lost the award as well.

The Wooden Cuckoo appears to be one of the first movies you will ever be nominated for in this game. This is also from everybody's comments, so although it isn't certain, it's a pretty good guess. Also, being An A-lister at this point is nearly a given, so I think everybody who encounters this goal is at least A-list already (no one has proved different here).

We have pretty much concluded that nearly every part of the awards is random, except for the 5 stars. People who got the 5 stars were more likely to win, despite their answers being all different for the rest of the award. However, it's still good to get more information from others, because this has really baffled me forever (Beginning from The A-List of course).

Thank you for your thorough response! This certainly does raise more questions... arg!
    Welcome to the forums :]
    dfk75h.jpg
    I'm so awesome! Since the update they are throwing awards at me :p & I have tried a mixture of things:

Getting questions wrong
    Not getting glammed up
    Picking different options

But atm no matter what I do I'm winning lol! The only thing they have in common is 5 stars! But I have won stuff with 4 stars soooooo it definitely a random thing or a percentage of wins per whatever lol
    Yeah, same here! Though I still only choose '...' lol. Yeah it's rare to win 4 stars, I think that happened to me on The A-List but not Hollywood.
    dfk75h.jpg
    I got nominated for Best Supporting, finally! Then I lost.....to my RIVAL! Ugh.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
    Daww, that darn rival!

I got nominated Best Supporting for Deadly Evil :0 At first I got super confused because I was like, wasn't I the lead for this movie? But then I remembered these are 8 hour movies :3
    dfk75h.jpg
    Urghhhh! I hate seeing my rival's sour face on that screen ... Makes me want to win & shove the award down her throat hahaha! ... Ok, that was a bit violent xD The frustration of being ill I blame that on lol
    Urghhhh! I hate seeing my rival's sour face on that screen ... Makes me want to win & shove the award down her throat hahaha! ... Ok, that was a bit violent xD The frustration of being ill I blame that on lol

Haha, lol. Said that perfectly!
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • *(:iSarah:)**(:iSarah:)* Registered Users 2 Posts
    Oh, no, sorry Shiro, I didn't mean that you personally said that it's certain if you get 5 stars; there are people on other websites who have said that. And thanks!
    Game Center: the same as my username.
    no problem :] yeah I've seen them too, totally wrong haha. :P
    dfk75h.jpg
    Zbj wrote: »
    Haha, lol. Said that perfectly!

Glad someone approved of my violent outbreak :p
    So I was nominated for The Shiro Show, but I lost. :| I answered both questions right, got 5 Stars and all that lol. Didn't wear dress.

But then I remembered mystic's approach with her divorce and how she refreshed the app before responding to the call. So I tried that. I'm randomly choosing '...' or cross fingers.

First time
    : Lost to random AI with '...'
    Second time: Lost to Rival (ugh) with '...'
    Third time: Lost to Rival (ugh again) with cross fingers
    Fourth time: Lost to random AI with '...'
    Fifth time: Lost to random AI with '...'
    Sixth time: Lost to random AI with '...' (rival didn't show up this round)
    Seventh time: Lost to Rival with cross fingers
    Eighth time: Lost to random AI with cross fingers (rival didn't show up this round)
    Ninth time: Lost to random AI with '...'
    Tenth time: Lost to random AI with cross fingers

I did many more trials after this to log all the lines for awards, but overall, my fate was predetermined from even before entering the theater. Kinda sucks I lost for my own show, but hey, I got all these lines logged now and some of the mystery has been solved, as it doesn't matter if you choose '...' or cross fingers.
    dfk75h.jpg
    Wow i didnt know that it can work with the awards ceromony too
    hmmm gonna try it when i get nominated
    no no, my post proved that it doesn't work with the nominations. What I proved is that your fate is decided once you're in the theater, so there's no way to retry.
    dfk75h.jpg
    no no, my post proved that it doesn't work with the nominations. What I proved is that your fate is decided once you're in the theater, so there's no way to retry.

aha i got it but still i would try , who knows ?
    lol be my guest... I just have doubts because i tried it at least 15+ times...
    dfk75h.jpg
    So I was nominated for The Shiro Show, but I lost. :| I answered both questions right, got 5 Stars and all that lol. Didn't wear dress.

But then I remembered mystic's approach with her divorce and how she refreshed the app before responding to the call. So I tried that. I'm randomly choosing '...' or cross fingers.

First time
    : Lost to random AI with '...'
    Second time: Lost to Rival (ugh) with '...'
    Third time: Lost to Rival (ugh again) with cross fingers
    Fourth time: Lost to random AI with '...'
    Fifth time: Lost to random AI with '...'
    Sixth time: Lost to random AI with '...' (rival didn't show up this round)
    Seventh time: Lost to Rival with cross fingers
    Eighth time: Lost to random AI with cross fingers (rival didn't show up this round)
    Ninth time: Lost to random AI with '...'
    Tenth time: Lost to random AI with cross fingers

I did many more trials after this to log all the lines for awards, but overall, my fate was predetermined from even before entering the theater. Kinda sucks I lost for my own show, but hey, I got all these lines logged now and some of the mystery has been solved, as it doesn't matter if you choose '...' or cross fingers.

Interesting. I lost my reality show too, I got both the questions right and I chose "…" and I did not wear the ugly dress.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • LulamoonLulamoon Registered Users 2 Posts
    I won by crossing my fingers.When I went for .... I lost like two times T.T