Andorid version: Can't Fly to Cannes + Game Crushing

After the update, I can't fly to Cannes. The screen just freezes on the travelling screen.
And whats' even worse is that I cant open my game now!!!!
I already sent a ticket to Glu and I really hope that they can fix it soon!!
I luv this game and I want to continues to play and keep earning the Halloween items!!

I used to have a iPhone and played the iOS version. It seems that there are less problems for the iOS version. How come there are so many problems for the Andorid version.. :(:(

Comments

  • ShiroShiro Community Moderator Moderators 2,066 Posts
    This sounds like an issue that's becoming common with Cannes :\

    glu seems to prioritize in iOS a little bit more than Android (as seen with the update releases, as iOS are released before Android) for whatever their reasons. But I will say that both have their own glitches and are very frustrating, so don't think iOS gets it all. I will theorize that it's because iOS is very straight forward, using only one type of device, the iPhone, iPad, and iPod (which are essentially the same). Android is represented in all kinds of devices by different companies with different builds and styles, so it may be a little more unstable, even though they all fall under Android.

    Hopefully some sort of fix will happen soon. :\ It's ridiculous that they wouldn't check for any bugs upon release, especially with a limited-time event.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • eneko6011eneko6011 New Member Registered Users 28 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    This sounds like an issue that's becoming common with Cannes :\
    I checked on other posts here and some of the reviews on the Google plus.
    Unfortunately, I think you are right about it :(
    Shiro wrote: »
    Hopefully some sort of fix will happen soon. :\ It's ridiculous that they wouldn't check for any bugs upon release, especially with a limited-time event.
    Yes!! Exactly!!!
    I am afraid I will lose the Halloween items becoz of this crushing thing.. :(

    Do you know it usually takes how long for Glu to rely a ticket?
  • ShiroShiro Community Moderator Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Unfortunately...

    Before (like months ago) they used to respond within 2-3 days. But now it's turning into a week or two, which is ridiculous. But if the ticket does not make it in time for Halloween, at least they would know that people did indeed miss out on the event thanks to their own mistakes -.-

    SamuraiPizzaCat here on the forums is currently speaking with developers about these issues. Hopefully this will provide quicker responses and action.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • eneko6011eneko6011 New Member Registered Users 28 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    Unfortunately...

    Before (like months ago) they used to respond within 2-3 days. But now it's turning into a week or two, which is ridiculous. But if the ticket does not make it in time for Halloween, at least they would know that people did indeed miss out on the event thanks to their own mistakes -.-

    SamuraiPizzaCat here on the forums is currently speaking with developers about these issues. Hopefully this will provide quicker responses and action.

    Thanks for your prompt reply, Shiro! It's always good to know that someone cares :)
    Hopefully that SamuraiPizzaCat and Glu can make some progress and fix the problems before the end of the Halloween! :(
  • ShiroShiro Community Moderator Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Always a pleasure. :[

    Hopefully at least some action is being taken. :\
    dfk75h.jpg
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Community Moderator Member 3,359 Posts
    As soon as I hear anything I'll make note of it here for you :) But make sure you submit your own ticket if you haven't done so already, so there is a record of it & they may assist you personally :)

    Hope it fixes for you super quick ^_^
  • eneko6011eneko6011 New Member Registered Users 28 Posts
    update: Glu replied me said they fixed the issue and I should be able to open my game

    However, this is not the case. My game was still crushing. While I don't want to wait forever. I have no choice but have to uninstall my game. As all of you know, Glu does not have a good system of backing up the game data.

    Uninstall and installed again = restarted the game from zero
    after i re-installed / restarted my game, the time was running out and I couldn't able to finish the Halloween tasks in time. Just like that, I lost all the chances of gaining the Halloween items..:(
    I like this game, so i think i will keep playing..but I wont be so attach this time and would absolutely not going to pay the real money to buy any starts until they have a good system of backing up the progress of the game like what TeamLava is doing.
  • ShiroShiro Community Moderator Moderators 2,066 Posts
    glu definitely does not have good back up system for any of their games sadly.

    Yeah definitely, TeamLava had it figured out for years already too; sad to see that glu can't manage the same. I'm sorry about your game not working :[ Good luck getting back to the A-list!
    dfk75h.jpg
  • eneko6011eneko6011 New Member Registered Users 28 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    glu definitely does not have good back up system for any of their games sadly.

    Yeah definitely, TeamLava had it figured out for years already too; sad to see that glu can't manage the same. I'm sorry about your game not working :[ Good luck getting back to the A-list!
    Thank You Shiro
    Glu has a couple of games and i really don't get it why they cant figure out a good back up system
    it's really frustrated sometimes..
  • ShiroShiro Community Moderator Moderators 2,066 Posts
    No problem.

    Yeah it really makes no sense, especially the part where iOS gets all the iCloud and Game Center backups while Android/Kindle don't get any of that.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • mysticmystic Experienced Member Registered Users 233 Posts
    They should do a backup system of their own with all of their game savadata for each user
    at least that will solve device problem when changing from ios to android prehaps
    like electronic arts have origin
    Game center :: mystic.lily
  • ShiroShiro Community Moderator Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Origin is a great example as well. It seems so simple to do; I wonder if this is just glu's way of trying to get money lol
    dfk75h.jpg
  • eneko6011eneko6011 New Member Registered Users 28 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    Origin is a great example as well. It seems so simple to do; I wonder if this is just glu's way of trying to get money lol

    On the contrary, it makes me do not want to spend money at all
    coz i know once i change my device/restart the game/or whatever stupid game crushing glitch happen again, all the money i spent would be down to the drain..
  • ShiroShiro Community Moderator Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Well see that's your opinion of course (and a smart one as well).

    But there are people who's games will restart and they will just have to either go through finding receipts (which can be a pain) or just pay more (the easier route) to get back where they were. There are dumb people out there lol, and glu knows it...
    dfk75h.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.