Are you losing fans for 4 star project?

Hiya stars and starlets

Basically I know a few of us have been experiencing this issue since the last update and the current update still has this issue. So I decided to contact glu about it again. I got a response pretty quickly so I won't knock them for that. But I know a lot of us won't be happy with the response.

So here is what they said in regards to it:

"The "Losing fans for four star projects" is not a glitch. The issue is a misunderstanding of how the fan system works in game. The Starnews reviews are determined by the number of Stars you earn on a job. Three or more Stars earned will receive good reviews. The number of fans earned or lost is determined by several different factors in game. Your level, position on the A-List, position on the Top 100 list, number of stars earned and the length of the job are all factors in determining your fans.

For example, if you are an A-List celebrity, upper level, and in the Top 10 of the Top 100 list, you will need to complete an 8 hour job with full star rating to get positive fans. The bigger a celebrity you are, the bigger your jobs should be. If you are still getting negative fans, try doing a longer job until you get positive fans again."

So now they're saying it's not a glitch now... Obviously I pointed out the fact that I had played the game for awhile and told them about the positive reports and wondered how this is a misunderstanding of how the system works.

They went on to say that she will ask the team to check the fan system out, to make sure it is operating probably. But said it most likely is, and that is due to your rank and number of fans, the higher the amount the more they expect from you....

Tbh if this is the case this should of been said in the game by your agent, Charlene or someone! Otherwise you would have never known that! But if that is how the fan system is going to work as you progress then eventually 5 stars would have the same effect right? Not necessarily lose fans for them but gain less from them. and why say it was a glitch in a last update but in this one it isn't :/

What are your views on this apparently "new fan system" that has been implemented?

Update: I have since replied to this email. All correspondence have been posted as a comment.
Prev1

Comments

• ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    Hiya stars and starlets

Basically I know a few of us have been experiencing this issue since the last update and the current update still has this issue. So I decided to contact glu about it again. I got a response pretty quickly so I won't knock them for that. But I know a lot of us won't be happy with the response.

So here is what they said in regards to it:

"The "Losing fans for four star projects" is not a glitch. The issue is a misunderstanding of how the fan system works in game. The Starnews reviews are determined by the number of Stars you earn on a job. Three or more Stars earned will receive good reviews. The number of fans earned or lost is determined by several different factors in game. Your level, position on the A-List, position on the Top 100 list, number of stars earned and the length of the job are all factors in determining your fans.

For example, if you are an A-List celebrity, upper level, and in the Top 10 of the Top 100 list, you will need to complete an 8 hour job with full star rating to get positive fans. The bigger a celebrity you are, the bigger your jobs should be. If you are still getting negative fans, try doing a longer job until you get positive fans again."

So now they're saying it's not a glitch now... Obviously I pointed out the fact that I had played the game for awhile and told them about the positive reports and wondered how this is a misunderstanding of how the system works.

They went on to say that she will ask the team to check the fan system out, to make sure it is operating probably. But said it most likely is, and that is due to your rank and number of fans, the higher the amount the more they expect from you....

Tbh if this is the case this should of been said in the game by your agent, Charlene or someone! Otherwise you would have never known that! But if that is how the fan system is going to work as you progress then eventually 5 stars would have the same effect right? Not necessarily lose fans for them but gain less from them. and why say it was a glitch in a last update but in this one it isn't :/

What are your views on this apparently "new fan system" that has been implemented?

Oh, wow! I had no clue they incorporated the new fan system. It's an interesting system idea, though
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    This is the point... No one does! They just decided to change the rules without informing players! I'm actually disgusted by glu as all players are told from the beginning that 3 or more stars = fans not lack of them. Part of me doesn't think this was a planned change.

My response to email is not going to pretty one...
    This is the point... No one does! They just decided to change the rules without informing players! I'm actually disgusted by glu as olYers are told from the beginning that 3 or more stars = fans not lack of them. Part of me doesn't think this was a planned change.

My response to email is not going to pretty one...

You go Samurai! :) I don't like the new system...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Very confusing and not explained at all to the players. It's unfair and downright cruel.
    dfk75h.jpg
    Shiro wrote: »
    Very confusing and not explained at all to the players. It's unfair and downright cruel.

That is exactly how I feel.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • mysticmystic Registered Users 233 Posts
    I just hate it , i lost 3 m fans cause i got 4 stars on a movie . Not nice at all
    they can do it so we either earn fans but just less than usual or earn no fans at all .
    Game center :: mystic.lily
    Exactly!!

I am drafting my response today & will be adding your comments to it (will not mention who said what) because if this is how things are going to be, it needs to explained in gameplay not hidden!
  • brwnbarbie24brwnbarbie24 Registered Users 28 Posts
    Exactly!!

I am drafting my response today & will be adding your comments to it (will not mention who said what) because if this is how things are going to be, it needs to explained in gameplay not hidden!

It's terrible, especially on longer projects. You basically have to check the game every 2.5 hours or so to work on the project and maybe fit in a few hours of sleep to earn 5 stars on a 24 hour or longer project. It's crazy.
    Completely agree.

I'm just carrying out a little experiment atm. Seeing as they said you need to do bigger projects & get 5 stars on them in order to gain fans. I thought I'd test out the explanation by doing 1-3 hour projects by getting a mixture of 4 & 5 star ratings.

So far I have done one 3 hour project which I got 4 stars on (forgot about it lol) & a 1 hour project which I got 5 stars on. I did not lose fans for either of these projects.

I'm currently waiting results of another 3 hour project I purposely got 4 stars on. If I do not lose fans on this .... This glu tech was wrong & I will pointing that out to them when I reply.
    Completely agree.

I'm just carrying out a little experiment atm. Seeing as they said you need to do bigger projects & get 5 stars on them in order to gain fans. I thought I'd test out the explanation by doing 1-3 hour projects by getting a mixture of 4 & 5 star ratings.

So far I have done one 3 hour project which I got 4 stars on (forgot about it lol) & a 1 hour project which I got 5 stars on. I did not lose fans for either of these projects.

I'm currently waiting results of another 3 hour project I purposely got 4 stars on. If I do not lose fans on this .... This glu tech was wrong & I will pointing that out to them when I reply.

I earned 4 stars in a 3 hour project and lost fans. I think it was only about 300k fans, but still. I created a thread about this matter before because 4 stars is good so it makes no sense to lose fans with a 4 star rating, no matter what level of a celebrity you are.
    Yes, it's ridiculous. That's why Samurai is working hard to try to get to the bottom of this. She has gotten decent contact with the glu team and is trying to get to the bottom of things and try to fix what's going on.

So for now, just work a little bit harder to get that 5 stars until things get figured out. Of course we have seen that this game requires a lot of commitment and effort, so while 5 stars is not a walk in the park (as it shouldn't be, it should be something earned), it's not impossible. If you're getting frustrated about the "impossibility", just rethink your strategy and things will work well. :]
    dfk75h.jpg
    I earned 4 stars in a 3 hour project and lost fans. I think it was only about 300k fans, but still. I created a thread about this matter before because 4 stars is good so it makes no sense to lose fans with a 4 star rating, no matter what level of a celebrity you are.

Just so I can add this to my experiment, how many fans do you have and what level are you on? As according to the glu tech this is a factor of the fans result.:)

As much as it is frustrating, Shiro is right, just try your hardest to get 5 stars on projects, which isn't impossible, just challenging, but that is what makes the game fun :D

I will post all communications on here so I will keep everyone up to date.
    Just so I can add this to my experiment, how many fans do you have and what level are you on? As according to the glu tech this is a factor of the fans result.:)

As much as it is frustrating, Shiro is right, just try your hardest to get 5 stars on projects, which isn't impossible, just challenging, but that is what makes the game fun :D

I will post all communications on here so I will keep everyone up to date.

Level 21 with 178 mil fans.
    Level 22
    160.1 m fans
    i keep losing fans in 24 hour project with four stars
    Thanks ladies for the info :D

Right my last movie which was 3 hours long and got 4 stars on, I lost fans on it..... I'm level 22 and did have 182.5 but now have 180.9 sooo this hasn't really cleared anything up haha! But I'll put this forward. I will post my reply and their response when I receive it.
    Update

As promised I replied to the email and here is my response and their's.

SPC: I am aware that every game is unique but it makes no sense what you have said, when my friend has more fans than me :confused: Plus to be frank. if this is the so called fan system as you progress, myself and other players are disgusted by it. Not only is it very confusing as it goes against everything you a told at the beginning of the game but it's not explained at all to the players via game play!!! The only way people would know is by contacting you! It's unfair that you lose 3 million fans for a four star project and this "Fan system" is kept quite! I am also annoyed as I was told by one of your team members that it WAS a glitch!

Also I have 180.2 fans and on level 22, I tested this system and to be honest it seems to be at random. I did two 3 hour projects and one 1 hour project. On both the 3 hour projects I purposely got 4 stars on them. One of them I gained and the other I lost... So how does that fit in with the system??? Also got 5 stars on the 1 hour project and gained fans, which I was told I wouldn't as I need to do bigger projects in order to gain fans now. I lost fans for 4 star ratings on 24-48 hour projects - how exactly is that fair or explained anywhere in the game.... IT'S NOT!

I'm sorry to rant as I know this is not your fault but this is by far the worse idea the developers have thought of! I can understand spicing it up a little and making it more challenging but this is hardly fair when it's a 24 hour project and once again is not explained in the game.

Also I have one more inquiry for you. How comes the team get back to me regarding my ticket within a week and this one was 3 hours while meanwhile forum members are lucky to get one? They submit 2/3 tickets to you and nothing?

Glu Tech: I apologize for being informed in an earlier communication that this is a possible bug/glitch. It does sound like a glitch, and I thought the same when I first encountered this in my personal game. I understand your frustration with the system not being properly explained in game and I agree, that unless you know how it was programmed, understanding this system is difficult. I will send the conversation you and I have had here, to our team for review. Hopefully, reviewing our communications will inspire either a re-evaluation of the fan system or a breakdown of how it works can be added to our forums or somewhere easily accessible by players. Your "rant" is completely understandable, so no need to apologize. In fact, I am grateful for your feedback. Player feedback is often the best way to get things improved in game! Thank you for helping us improve the game for everyone.

In regards to your inquiry on response times for tickets here compared to forums: The teams that deal with forum questions and the team that works the ticketing department are different. Depending on the incoming volume, one team may be faster than the other. Both teams do their best to address everyone's tickets in a timely manner. We will do our best to get these things improved on.

Have a wonderful day!

So yeah, they agreed with the feedback given but did not understand my question about responding to tickets. This is why I hate email -.-
    So I'm still not impressed

1004894a-6c58-499c-bf28-9198f6abe7da_zpsd89f7f3a.jpg

See. My Face. Not impressed...
    There was definitely no clear explanation on response times. It's obvious that there are two different teams responding at two different times; that's how it works. The problem here is that some people's tickets are obviously being shadowed over ones like Samurai's (not saying Samurai's tickets are better than others; the point is that some tickets seem to have priority over others).

I have sent two tickets to the glu team and two 'contact us' messages to the forum team. This was maybe 2 months ago. I've gotten nothing back from them. They either really hate me or their response teams really suck (could be both really.) Also, every time I did get a response back, their responses were very short and not in depth like the ones Samurai gets. It really makes so sense at all. Frustration to the max.
    dfk75h.jpg
    Wow, this is all very frustrating. The system seems so confusing and is annoying all of the players. Glu is also too "laid back" when it comes to replying to tickets, and also when it comes to looking at the forums.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
    Im starting to think they did somthing wrong with the fan system coding and wont admit their fault thus refering to it as a glitch
    They're really just not consistent. If they could be consistent as they are in answering Samurai with all of their tickets, maybe the team would actually pay attention to these issues and do something about it.

An issue in coding IS a glitch by the way xD So they're not wrong referring it as a glitch; what they did was make up a huge story about it and then after they were proven wrong, admit it was a glitch.
    dfk75h.jpg
    They're really just not consistent. If they could be consistent as they are in answering Samurai with all of their tickets, maybe the team would actually pay attention to these issues and do something about it.

An issue in coding IS a glitch by the way xD So they're not wrong referring it as a glitch; what they did was make up a huge story about it and then after they were proven wrong, admit it was a glitch.

Yeah. I'm agreeing with you and mystic on hi this is a possible glitch.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
    Zbj wrote: »
    Yeah. I'm agreeing with you and mystic on hi this is a possible glitch.

This is my hunch as well! It started as a glitch & then they simply couldn't be bothered to fix it, so now they are trying to pass it as "game play"
    We know it's a glitch; not just a possible glitch. It's so obvious and it's shameful that they lie to their customers to cover up issues.
    dfk75h.jpg
    We know it's a glitch; not just a possible glitch. It's so obvious and it's shameful that they lie to their customers to cover up issues.

Exactly! Couldn't of said it better! Glu have certainly shown their darker side...
    Exactly! Yeah, it's a glitch. Just confess it Glu, we're used to glitches.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
    I will be responding to this email... but only about the communication with tickets as I think this is the best I am going to get out of them for now...

Once again I will post correspondence here :)
    I have finally responded to the email stating the above and filed a separate complaint, which I have had a reply for even though I did't ask for one lol - I'm sure I selected "No response needed."

Apparently this "Fan system" isn't new and has been part of the game since FEBRUARY!!!! So they have had enough time to include an in game explanation/warning/notification.
    Wow that's ridiculous. February is when the game came out, so that doesn't make sense at all.

If they were referring to the gradual number of fans, sure. But these are decent ratings of 4-5 stars which are the biggest income of fans, and its not working. How can they say that this has been a part of the game since the beginning of its release if this only just started within the last month or two? Not really sure.

They need to make up their minds whether its a glitch or a system. Either way, they're not being very professional about their work. They're being sloppy and lazy, which is quite sad considering they have a few good games out there.
    dfk75h.jpg
    Exactly! This is pretty much what I have said in a response. Obviously we know as you progress the fans gradually change and become less varying on factors such as film length, number of stars and your rank but it is one massive drop.
  • adamdroxadamdrox Registered Users 34 Posts
    I find this quite irritating as well. Although I can't recall personal experience with this "glitch" I find it appalling how Glu is treating their customers. I mean, I've got to hand it to them, they are very polite and they are great at ignoring the question, but for us loyal (*cough - I've been away for 2 months) who spend lots of REAL money on this game, we expect a decent level of consistency and customer assistance. Good on you guys for reporting it and trying to fix it for all of us! Thank god we have you guys on the forums: Samurai, Shiro, Mystic and Zbj!!!
    Add me on Gamecenter: adamdrox