Options

Repeating Films?

Just curious if this happens to anyone else...
I wrapped on a movie called The Crimson, went on to do two more projects, got a call from Arnie, offering me a variety of projects and I agreed to do a horror film in SF. When I went to read the script, it was for The Crimson again? I'm kind of stuck doing it again, and it isn't that big of a deal, but just wandering if anyone else has done a project more than once or if it's a bug.

Also, for the past 3 levels or so Arnie has been calling with a lot of commercials and one hour projects; the kind of projects from levels 1-4. I still get big movies and quests, it just seems strange to be getting offered those quickies again. I'm on level 19 and #1 A-List in my game, if that offers any insight.

Comments

• Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    That is really odd!! I've had something similar happen but not that. I got call from a character about a film. I accepted to do the film & had to wait 24 hours for it. When I next checked in on Stardom, I got the same call again! I think there is a liitle glitch with saving progress. If it happens again, submit a ticket to the team, can do that by clicking here.

I'm guessing by the fact you are still recieving commercial calls, you still have Arnie as an agent. As you progress you can change your agent but it doesn't make much difference who you have. Arnie offers you small roles (1-8 hour projects) & the bigger roles (24-48 hour roles) are rare. While Max will offer you big roles more often than the smaller roles. As you progress they will be become less frequent. :)

But saying that, I'm actually being offered commercials & small projects atm & I'm with Max... But before recent updates that is how things worked.

Hope this helps ^_^
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    These are just your run-of-the-mill project from Arnie right? If so, I feel it is just a mere coincidence that you got the same script. Highly unlikely, but assuming these scripts are just made to be chosen by random, you could have just hit an odd form of jackpot in the game.

I'm actually still with Arnie, level 25, as well and have recently been getting those too. Only got called for it once or twice though, however I was jam packed with projects (and glitches) that this was the first time he called me since around August (after four updates). But if it's not coincidence, it could be the game trying to encourage players to look to Max. Unfortunately, this makes me suspect an action for more money... but I digress.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    @marzipanj@marzipanj Registered Users 15 Posts
    Those people who have switched to Max, do you recommend it? I haven't switched yet (I'm at level 22) because it looked like Max had some bugginess based on these forums. Is it worth it for the money and the longer films? I rarely get calls for random projects, but that's because I generally have about two movies I'm waiting to film. My theory about the projects that you get called about is that they're totally random, in genre or length. (Frustrating because I've had "Three fantasy projects" task for ages without ever getting called about a fantasy movie.)
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Tbh it doesn't make any difference having Max as an agent. When he does call with random projects (obviously when I have no other goals available.), you still get offered the lower projects that Arnie would get you. He just has a better office :p Plus all he cares about is money meanwhile Arnie cares about you. It's not a step down if you did decide to go with Max but it's not miles better either. It doesn't make any difference to game play.

As for the random projects, it's been established that Fantasy movies are the rarest to be offered and the random projects are pretty much a lucky dip.

Hope this helps ^_^