Holiday Update 2.5.0

✰*・゜゚・* Hello Stars and Starlets! *・゜゚・*✰

This is Stardom: Hollywood's first holiday season! Here's what's happening this update:

348ok7o.png

The Holidays are Coming to Stardom!

▶ New quests from Miguel (level 13+) and Charlene (level 16+)!
▶ Get the hottest winter styles: From Dec 24.-30, collect holiday props while on movie and TV projects to win exclusive clothing! (level 7+)
▶ New clothing for girls and guys
▶ Millions more fans added for A-Listers to earn
▶ Bug fixes and other improvements

*・゜゚・*・゜゚・*IT'S SNOWING!*・゜゚・*・゜゚・*
Meaning our wish for a change of weather has come true :3

Couple more goals, stuffs, and fans again. Lots of holiday decor though!
And as usual, cross your fingers and toes for no bugs and glitches!

Starlets get a new hairstyle, couple dresses, new shoes, some cool holly earrings, and holiday leggings (they cost cash!)

Also sounds like the same system they used with the Halloween update is coming into play again. Meaning props and stuff! :0

*・゜゚・*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*・゜゚・*

✰*・゜゚SamuraiPizzaCat's Update Summary゜゚・*✰
This is making up for her "T'is the Season" post. It was a complete mix-up between us but here's an awesome summary by her!

This is going to be short and sweet for now as Shiro has pretty much covered most of the Stardom features ^_^ You'll notice in few locations that there are Christmas/Holiday Trees and Snowmen... not only do these look adorable but they also have there use! They are tappables!!

As for the goals... At the moment I feel as though I have pretty much done them :/ which is slightly worrying but we will see what tomorrow brings! All I can really say without giving too much away is that you bump in your Rival again and let's just say they didn't dress for the occasion. You also get to show off your style!

I can not anymore as I will end up telling you all what happens but also there isn't much to tell you right now. But hopefully things will change in the next 24 hours ^_^

So to add on to what Shiro has mentioned, it is pretty much snowing everywhere except Cannes, San Francisco and New York and the new clothes are to die for! Here's a sneak preview:
DC124C25-73EE-43D1-87D4-0B0185A39D96_zpso2votl47.jpg

So to sum this update up! The snow is awesomeeee!!! Loving the new clothes just hoping these goals are expanded on!
And so excited for the event even if I don't agree with the dates xD

✰*・゜゚・* Happy Stardom Holidays! *・゜゚・*✰
dfk75h.jpg
Prev1

Comments

• LysanderLysander Registered Users 42 Posts
    Sadly.. I still crash so can't enjoy update might just update os to 7.0 and just hope. For the best. Lovely items though
  • ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Arg, must have really corrupted or something >:[

Updating may help. It's a pretty iOS anyways :] You still have plenty of time until the event to get things straightened out!
    Good luck!
    dfk75h.jpg
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    ✰*・゜゚・* Update *・゜゚・*✰

I went to check in on my husband, Jacob, and to my surprise he has vanished! We obviously had a big fight as he is no longer in my contacts D: Same for all my network friends they have vanished! So now I look like a crazy animal lady in my beach home xD

With my fresh new hair do, I'm gonna have to find myself a new husband (there should be a dating agency on this game, seriously! I'm sick of bumping into odd looking men!) But for now I'm going to focus on my career and get all those rings xD At least this time round all my contacts will be A list :p

This happened to a few players a few updates ago and it's now reoccurred! So this obviously wasn't on their bug fixes list :mad: I have submitted another moan to the team - They loveeee me ^_^ (that is sarcasm).

Makes you wonder what they actually fixed with this update.....

✰*・゜゚・* Bah Humbug! *・゜゚・*✰
    Shiro- yeah going to try updating ipad. 2 months with his problem probally hit rock bottom status wise. Lol

SPC- I wonder too. looks like I'll be notifying them again..>_>
    Pretty much. I should work if it's the game's issue. Good luck with that...

You too huh Samurai... I still considered that mine died from some freak accident xD I'm not really even looking to add more contacts anymore because I have all these GC friends! Plenty of co-star points from them :]
    dfk75h.jpg
    Ok starting to think all hope is lost...still same issue and upgraded the iOS..D:
    Eww don't like new interface of ipad but oh well will get used to it.
    I did every possible solution so dunno what's left...
    Yeah, just gotta get used to haha

Hmm so it's crashing on startup? It's likely that your saves are corrupt and that the game keeps trying to use your saved game (from iCloud or Game Center) but wont work because it's broken :[ Not sure what to do about it and glu's customer service stinks... Maybe Samurai could try to bring it up, but I'm not sure what to do other than to wipe pretty much everything Stardom on your device.... Sorry :<
    dfk75h.jpg
    D: ohhh mannnn! That's sucks!!! I'll bring up when they next reply. Have you tried turning off icloud? I know there was a few crashing at loading screen incidents and that seemed to work. Worth a shot if you haven't tried it already. :)
  • mysticmystic Registered Users 233 Posts
    I just wonders WHAT bugs did they fix ??
    honestly it is all they say bugs fixed
    Game center :: mystic.lily
    With games that actually fix bugs, it's fine if they just put "Bug fixes".

With this game, I'd LOVE to see some patch notes and in-depth bug fix descriptions. Seriously.
    dfk75h.jpg
    I've tried that too. My stuff prob wiped since I tried reinstalling last month...so frustrating because I love the game just that these bugs...>_>
  • ToyasaurToyasaur Registered Users 35 Posts
    Lysander wrote: »
    Ok starting to think all hope is lost...still same issue and upgraded the iOS..D:
    Eww don't like new interface of ipad but oh well will get used to it.
    I did every possible solution so dunno what's left...

Hi there!

I had the exact same problem you had, even after the updates my game kept crashing at start up, I'd just hear the music of the area I was in and then I was back in my home screen. Even after emailing Glu's "customer service" (they ever so politely told me I was screwed) nothing worked.

It sounds like your entire save is corrupted, so you'll have the delete the data from iCloud. This starts you back at the beginning which kinda sucks but it's kind of refreshing. The worst port of restarting is having to do 90000000 story missions/quests/whatever at once which really screws you over with the timed ones but such is life!

Sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news but it's the only current way to get your game back :/
    Game Center: Toyasaur
    :o
  • ToyasaurToyasaur Registered Users 35 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    With games that actually fix bugs, it's fine if they just put "Bug fixes".

With this game, I'd LOVE to see some patch notes and in-depth bug fix descriptions. Seriously.

They really need to, it's getting ridiculous now the amount of people I've seen that have had their saves randomly corrupted and irretrievable. Especially with such a game that makes me so attractive to by in game content but no way to get these extras back in the event that your save DOES get corrupted :/
    Game Center: Toyasaur
    :o
    Yup. Lysander has pretty much reported/done everything... so sad to see that their game has to be wiped.

Someone reporting their game is corrupted (in any way, shape, or form) is so common on here that it's just sad. Glu really need to stop being lazy about it. Heck, if they fixed their glitches and bugs more often, they could probably get more money than forcing a restart and having them buy back their stuff (which is usually highly unlikely anyways).

Really disappointing. This game is so good, but the bugs and glitches need to be addressed immediately.
    dfk75h.jpg
    Toyasaur wrote: »
    Hi there!

I had the exact same problem you had, even after the updates my game kept crashing at start up, I'd just hear the music of the area I was in and then I was back in my home screen. Even after emailing Glu's "customer service" (they ever so politely told me I was screwed) nothing worked.

It sounds like your entire save is corrupted, so you'll have the delete the data from iCloud. This starts you back at the beginning which kinda sucks but it's kind of refreshing. The worst port of restarting is having to do 90000000 story missions/quests/whatever at once which really screws you over with the timed ones but such is life!

Sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news but it's the only current way to get your game back :/

............I don't know if I can face starting all over. I worked so hard saving up my 250 stars and catching up to everything. Imma miss my stripped leggings,Dorothy shoes and other stuff :(. god dang it glue this enrages me. <_<

That and afraid if I get back to where I was same thing will happen and I pass out from having to delete game once more...:(

Seems like the formers give better support than the actual team. Not bashing actual support team though as they did they best they could I guess. At least you told me. This almost made me feel like quitting....

Excuse me while I go cry in corner. ._.

Edit: holy crap did what you suggested and still crashing. I think for now I give up this is too much. x_x
    Oh no... :< So upsetting...

Can still wait for Samurai to contact the team a bit more about your situation since they seem to love responding to her but not many others :|

The support team honestly is not really doing the best they can, nor does it seem like the actual dev team is working on preventing issues like this. They can probably do better things to make up for their mistakes. Really upsetting.
    dfk75h.jpg
    They really need to compensate everyone big time for all these errors. Bad to say but it's a good thing I never spent irl money on them. Many have suffered and lost their progress and they prob wont care or compensate. :/

2 months been suffering and they could tell me was:

"Thank you for contacting Glu Mobile Customer Care. We are sorry for the trouble you are experiencing.

The Team is aware of this issue as this is happening on few devices and hope to have a FIX ASAP.

Normally the solution is provided through an Update."

"Thank you for contacting Glu Mobile Customer Care.

We are actively working on improving our products. We will send your message to the team for review as we value your feedback and suggestions.We do not publish release dates as we are constantly working on game improvements.

Thanks for your patience while we work on these updates.

Regards,
    Waseem
    customer care
    glu mobile"

I sent them my long wall of text of a rant and suggestion that was posted on the forums about having a database to save players game progress. :/
    This is exactly their carbon-copy response...ugh. I also don't understand their responses. Samurai at least gets these nice, long responses while everyone else gets these replies like you have. I've even sent tickets and get none back... like 2-3 months ago -.-

And it's not just this game. Tons of glu games come up with reports of lost progress, corrupt saves, etc. Not even sure what they're doing in their little dev office... probably swimming in the money from people who've lost progress lol.
    dfk75h.jpg
    "Your question has been received. Our volume is quite high recently and it may take several days to read and respond to your message. We thank you in advance for your patience. If you need to add to your message, please REPLY and do not start a new ticket, as this can delay the response considerably. We will try to get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you again for your patience."

If they respond to my long response with a automated message then well it's all up to samurai. ._.
    Pretty much.

So much customer bias. Time to wait... -.-
    dfk75h.jpg
  • ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    This update sounded good in the description, and the clothes looked really pretty and all. Then, when I got on the forums and heard about the bugs, I was like :( Sorry to hear, SPC, about Jacob going missing. Also, sad to hear that Lysander's game is crashing. These bugs should've been solved. I agree with Shiro on including written details on the "bug fixes".
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
    Every update has had its share of bugs while sounding awesome. Every single one. glu is working on making these cool updates, which is awesome, but what would be even cooler is fixing these bugs.

The missing contacts has been happening to people since around the NYC/Cannes update and stories of crashing/restarting games have been the norm. These should have been solved months ago. Terrible that they can't even focus on this stuff without thinking about the next way to make money. I dunno glu, maybe if you fixed bugs, you'd make some more money!
    dfk75h.jpg
  • ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    Shiro wrote: »
    Every update has had its share of bugs while sounding awesome. Every single one. glu is working on making these cool updates, which is awesome, but what would be even cooler is fixing these bugs.

The missing contacts has been happening to people since around the NYC/Cannes update and stories of crashing/restarting games have been the norm. These should have been solved months ago. Terrible that they can't even focus on this stuff without thinking about the next way to make money. I dunno glu, maybe if you fixed bugs, you'd make some more money!

Yeah, exactly.
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
    It is disgusting that they keep throwing out new content but not addressing bugs! I've actually had enough of glu and their constant rubbish. The responses I have got recently have just annoyed the hell out of me even more, to the point I feel like quitting Stardom. They speak to you like complete and utter idiot and repeat the same crap over and over again. I had my latest response about the losing fans for 4 star projects and it just annoyed me even more as they just repeated the fan system which I know and on top of it ignored my question about the majority of people not getting responses. So I've asked again in my most recent email.

They need to fix ALL bugs! I'm actually terrified of updating my game in case it gets wiped! And I bet I'm not alone! Also Lysander, I will add your issue to my email when I get a response about losing my husband. And I'll bring up the database as well :)
    By some miracle it started working again. I wonder if I deleted the game and not to database if it would of saved my work. Prob not. Stillwater all this I feel like quitting. It's just depressing loosing stuff you can't get back...and.. My hubby was decent and wasn't scary looking. D:

Still afraid ill curropt again so dunno. :/
    So it opened up again but lost your stuff huh... Deleting your saves most likely did the trick because I thought you said you did delete game and reinstalled before. :0

Of course the motivation is very hard after being such a veteran to the game :[ But if you did a clean wipe of your saves, there should hopefully not be anymore corruption. I encourage you to keep playing if you love and enjoy the game still :\ If you need to quit for a while that can help you out too. Then you can either come back to it later or decide this isn't a game you need to deal with anymore (which is totally okay). Just do what makes you happier in the end :]
    dfk75h.jpg
    Well I did delete the game before but left the data intact. This. Time I deleted both the I cloud data and the game. I'll just slowly build my char up a gain. But if it happens again prob breaking till they fix these bugs but lurk forums.
    Ah I see...

Sounds like a plan. I like your attitude :]
    Lurking the forums is always an option!
    dfk75h.jpg
  • PheonyxePheonyxe Registered Users 5 Posts
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and jumping in!

I'm loving the leggings and earrings in the update! I'm not quite at the level yet to get the dresses, but they are cute! Personally I do love the snow, but at the same time find it baffling as LA doesn't get snow as being a girl from So Cal it was a rare and random chance if it did Snow, unless you lived in higher elevations, but it is a nice break from the usual no-change in the game (it does rain, so that would be nice from time to time!). I wish it was snowing in New York, seeing as it does snow here in real life (though the snow hasn't fallen yet, I wish it would!!)

I'm sorry to hear about everyone's issues too! My game has been randomly booting me out at times, or not fully loading.. and as of this update it sometimes shows a loading percentage on the starting screen as it boots up, which resets itself multiple times as it loads which is annoying (neither of which happened to me before this update). I still eventually am able to access my game, but hearing about the other issues does make me a bit worried about the future of the game...
    Welcome to the forums Pheonyxe!

I'm currently residing in SoCal.... although this week has been pretty cold, snow is near impossible! xD
    Snow will come to the east coast soon hopefully :3

I crash sooo much! Not to mention freezing (so to speak with the new snow), and the percentage loading thing tends to happen right after updates so I always get a mini heart attack :<
    Very upsetting with the glitches. Hopefully this event coming up will be clean, but who knows :\
    dfk75h.jpg