Stop losing fans for inactivity!!!

I have been an avid player of Stardom since the first game, and have made created a character on Hollywood that had heaps of fans. I have been very busy for the last couple of months, and have recently began playing again... Only to find that I suddenly have gone from 98.2 million fans to 18.4 million, #5 (Game Center friends) to #207. WTF! Why is the game punishing me for being busy with other things haha. Has anyone else had this problem?
Add me on Gamecenter: adamdrox

Comments

• SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    It's just part of the game unfortunately. It does suck that you are somewhat punished for being busy in your own life. Just checking in on it every other day can prevent it from happening. :)

It will never be reconsidered as it has always been a part of A List as well as Hollywood, and I found the A List is a lot harsher with inactivity than Hollywood. I hadn't played it for a day and I lost fans on it. Meanwhile on Hollywood the only time I lost fans was when I was unable to play for 2 months due to the resetting glitch and dropped from #1 to #16.

It is annoying but it's just one of those things with the game that we have to deal with :/ Maybe they should introduce a holiday mode for times when you are too busy to play it. The Holiday mode could pause it until you returned, but you wouldn't be allowed to do it during filming and timed events.
  • adamdroxadamdrox Registered Users 34 Posts
    Oh sorry, I feel like a total idiot! I had no idea that it had been included in all of the games (*facepalm). I thought this was a new thing that was included in an update, because I had never experienced it before. Haha thanks for the reply though...
  • ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Haha, you were so avid you never figured it out until now! That's pretty good though :]
    So you're not an idiot xD

Yep, and this does kind of relate to real-life. You were once so popular as a celeb but then you started doing other things... fans tend to stop noticing you and look at other famous people.

Going down a whopping 80M fans in one go is harsh though, but I'm assuming this happened overtime? Because you usually only lose up to 3M fans at a time (that you open the game every so often). If you did lose 80M fans in one go, that is NOT supposed to happen...
    dfk75h.jpg
    No problemo :) You're not an idiot so don't feel like one, you're just that much of a legend that you never experienced it before, which is awesome xD

It's just one of the issues of this being reality games/played in real time. You win some you lose some I guess is the attitude you have to take it with it.

Shiro has a fair point! 80M in one go is wayyyyyy too harsh but then maybe it depends on how long you have been absent for. I know to begin with it is 3M but maybe it increases as time goes by :/ I'm not sure how the fan system works for inactivity.
  • ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    It unfortunately does take away fans from being away from the game. I'm always losing fans due to that. But, 80M seems really extreme.
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • mysticmystic Registered Users 233 Posts
    I lose 3 m for a week or so.
    i usually just open the app and close it again it kinda works so i wont loss fans.
    Game center :: mystic.lily
    Yeah, the inactivity happens if you skip a day or more, resulting in -3M every time.

Looking at the math (simply 80/3), you've opened it at least 27 times for losing fans. Meaning you were absent for more than two months while opening it occasionally to attempt to get your way back into Stardom! That's pretty harsh, but you'll get it back fast :]
    Plenty of goals have come up during your absence with great film opportunities for fans!

But if life does happen again, I suggest actually not opening the game if you don't think you have the time for working up fans again at a consistent rate. You only lose 3M every time you open, so for example, rather than opening it twice a week to lose 6M, just opening it at the end of the week will still only result in a 3M loss. :]
    dfk75h.jpg
  • adamdroxadamdrox Registered Users 34 Posts
    Thanks guys! I got the notification on my phone saying that's fans missed me once or twice so I thought that it would be alright. But when I
    Opened the game up it kind of glitched almost, for like 3 minutes the Starnews played saying "where the hell is Candy" or "your fans miss you" minus 3m. But it kept going until I had like none left (18 m or whatever it was). If I had known that it was going to take them away that much I would have tried harder to play...

(Edit) I think I am going to set a reminder on my phone to check Stardom on Friday of every week, so that if I get busy I won't forget...
    While the reminder thing can help, I actually suggest not using it. If you're really busy and surely cannot tend to it, even for the week, don't open it unless you know you're going to be getting fans while playing it later on. No matter how long you leave it, you will only lose 3M from a Starnews update. Only tend to it when you know you'll have some time.

Of course this is just my suggestion and your method may work a lot better xD Use your best judgement, and welcome back to stardom :] !
    dfk75h.jpg
    Even if you went on it for a date, as long as you are actively doing something it won't happen. All I've done this week is date when I have logged on and I haven't had a lose of fans. I've been going on it every other day as I haven't got much to do until I level up and the event starts.

Anything is worth a shot :) Good luck - the public will be loving you again in no time :D