24 Hour Shoots ... How?!

Are there any helpful tips for completing 24 hour shoots/assignments? I am currently working on the reality show shoots and am finding it impossible to complete them/get 5 stars. My star meter fills so slow on these. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    There are some small things you can do to get 5 stars :]

Get the script right. This is a given, but it gives you pretty much one complete star.
    Do big actions. Ignore 1-2 energy actions. Little actions are a waste of energy and give little blue stars.
    Start the project anew. Meaning start with a full bar!
    Tap your rewards. While it seems weird, tapping all your rewards reduces the time on your energy bar!
    Work for energy. Got some pets? Tap on them! Walk around LA to find objects to tap for energy as well!
    Be committed and consistent. 5 Stars is no pushover; you gotta be active. Very active. But don't lose sleep, because sleep is good for you.
    Patience and consistency. Getting 5 stars isn't supposed to be easy. Once you figure out things like time management and what actions give you how many blue stars, it should get easier. It honestly does take practice, but eventually it will get easier :]

Hope this helps!
    dfk75h.jpg
  • MTCasonMTCason Registered Users 17 Posts
    It does, thanks! One other question, since you brought up pets. Do different/more expensive pets give more XP/energy? I currently have only the stray cat and it gives a pittance. Have bought the beach house and considered getting a few more pets to fill it with but won't bother if they don't have a bigger reward.
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Shiro has pretty much covered everything you need to know in order to get 5 stars.:o

The only other things I would take into consider are:

Start Time. Be sensible when it comes to starting filming. You don't want to start at 10PM when you will be sleeping for a quarter of the time limit. Start at a sensible time like 8AM/9AM
    Check Back!! Regularly checking your game every 2 hours or so is a MUST! Depending on your energy level it can take up to 3 hours for your energy to regenerate. As soon as it is you wanna get back on there ASAP to get those must needed stars.
    Make Note. Make note of what time you started so you know what time the project finishes as you don't want to get caught out on the next day with only 5 minutes to spare to get those last crucial stars.

One Last Thing... Good luck & enjoy it :D Don't get wound up if you don't manage it first time round. You'll nail it in no time as long as you follow these tips :3

As for the Pets - Yes... the more expensive they are the more they give. The rottweiler gives 3 energy and a ton of XP =)

Hope this helps ^_^
    Yup, they do give more like Samurai said ;] They can be pricey, but do try to buy all the cash ones at least. With the beach house, you should be able to hold all the cash pets :]
    dfk75h.jpg
  • mysticmystic Registered Users 233 Posts
    Just wanted to add on doing big actions , there is one which takes 8 energy points and only gives you 5 little stars i think it is " throw a tanturm " there is also other actions with the same problem of not gaining enough stars or no stars at all
    Game center :: mystic.lily
    I've been logging the rewards done by actions in movies. Yes, more energy is used than gaining blue stars for all actions, but the bigger ones are definitely better. It's not a glitch or a problem at all; some 1 energy actions result in no blue stars at all, which is why they should be avoided unless they are part of an action chain.

"Throw tantrum" costs 8 energy for 5 blue stars, but "dramatic pause" takes 2 energy for 1 blue star.
    If you compare them to getting 5 blue stars, one needs 8 energy and the other needs 10 energy.
    That's a 2 energy difference, but it's a difference.

Doing the action chains are a good thing to do. For example, the "film scene" one is a chaining one.
    Completing this chain from "film scene" all the way to "check the gate" costs about 17 energy, but results in about 20 blue stars.

Also don't forget that "throw tantrum" gives 10XP, the most XP of most of the actions, along with those 5 blue stars.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • MTCasonMTCason Registered Users 17 Posts
    Such great tips! Thank you! If I can posit another question: What is the best way to meet new stars? I'm seeing the same ones at all the restaurants/clubs/hotspots and want to network and flirt with some new faces but even Cannes, San Fran, etc. all stay the same.
    MTCason wrote: »
    Such great tips! Thank you! If I can posit another question: What is the best way to meet new stars? I'm seeing the same ones at all the restaurants/clubs/hotspots and want to network and flirt with some new faces but even Cannes, San Fran, etc. all stay the same.

I have this too from time to time. Just keep looking about eventually you'll find new people. The higher rank characters hang out at the valley & the other higher level locations. I think looking at different times may play a part too and also level & rank :)
  • @marzipanj@marzipanj Registered Users 15 Posts
    I've thought a lot about this, and I think the best way to get a high star rating for your shoots is to only do the actions that give you one start for one energy bolt. So I don't do "throw a tantrum" unless I'm really needing XP for a level up. Even some of the two-energy actions (lighting check, grab a prop) give you two stars for two energy bolts--but avoid at all costs the ones that only give you one star for two bolts. And especially focus on the ones where you get more stars than energy--"film a scene" for example. There are a couple of others, depending on the genre of the film--"rehearse lines"? I think? Gives you more than five for a five-energy investment.

If I focus exclusively on the ones where I get 100% return on investment for my energy, I can get to five stars really fast. Although sometimes I focus on achievements (I still haven't managed to get TV Tech, for instance.) Clearly I've thought way too much about this.
    That's an interesting tactic. I've used something similar but on smaller projects. The "Film Scene" action is worth doing as it is the beginning of a series of actions that leads to "Check Gateway" that only costs 1 energy & pays out 8 stars or more.

I may try your theory on my next project :o
  • MoxieFoxMoxieFox Registered Users 67 Posts
    I like to start the 24 shoots first thing in the morning because once I got up to the higher levels, I had enough energy to finish them in 16-18 hours and it wouldn't have to go overnight. (Or I could stay up a little bit later to get the full 5 stars.) Make sure you exit the game completely when you quit so that it "resets" the co-star action. Even if you can't get any bonus fans from them, make sure you always get a co-star because they have the best action (a one-to-one ratio for action to xp + energy bolt).
    Great tip about that co-star action! I completely forgot about that even though i do it xD
    dfk75h.jpg