gwallet "fix"

Hi all, first-time poster, long time player... except I haven't been able to play since the Cannes/Halloween update! It just crashes as I try to load it and I haven't uninstalled it because I don't want to lose my game data =(

I submitted several tickets to glu and they suggested the following:
"Using a file manager, locate the folder on your device under /Android/data/ called “gWallet.” Deleting the folder “gWallet” will cause the game to re=create the folder next time it is launched. This re-establishes contact with the server and your game should start"

When I tried this and it didn't work, they suggested I wait for another update and "We are sorry to hear that the update did not work for you. Unfortunately, we do not have any other advice to offer at this time. We will continue to research this issue on your type of device, so added stability can be added in the future."

Yesterday's update didn't work either, so I thought I'd try looking at the gwallet "fix" again only to find that the folder never recreated itself in the directory and I have no idea what files are supposed to go there.

Has anyone else ever tinkered with the gwallet folder? Or can tell me about the files that are supposed to be in it? Thanks!

Comments

• LysanderLysander Registered Users 42 Posts
    Oh no not another victim! :(. I don't mess with my android stardom much due to the screen straining my eyes sometimes but I had the crash issue on my ipad and had to start from scratch. Hopefully someone can help you and save your data.
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Oh nooo! Ummm I wish I could help but android is not my expertise (iOS player) but I think Shiro may be your girl :p.... She's a clever cloggs like that xD

By me commenting on this it will bump up the thread so she'll see it when she is next on, which will be in the next hour or so :o
  • ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    I just did some small research on gwallet and nothing but hacks come up. But anyways, gwallet is something about their game servers and stuff like that, so your method should have worked. There also seemed to be some sort of fix on this gwallet stuff so people stop hacking. Not sure if this affected anything, but the dev team obviously needs to look into this gwallet stuff again since it isnt working.

Unfortunately I cannot help either :( i just did a small poke around this gwallet stuff and this is generally what i got. Sorry :(
    dfk75h.jpg
  • MoxieFoxMoxieFox Registered Users 67 Posts
    thanks for trying! Most games that have to connect to a server have this built in so it automatically creates the folder again if it happens to go missing and resets the connection, but I didn't see it come back =(

I even tried to manually create the folder hoping that reconnecting would generate the files but no luck there either; the folder stayed empty. It's a real bummer that the gamedevs couldn't say anything better to me than "sorry, that's all we got for fixes."
    Aww poo. Im sorry it doesnt work :( the devs really need to do something about that! Grr...
    dfk75h.jpg
    Can you open your gwallet folder and see what is in it? It occurred to me that it would have been smarter to copy+paste it out of there rather than deleting it completely. I was wondering if it was possible to download the data in there from somewhere else, but everything online just looks like hacks. I used Samsung Kies to view all the stuff on my phone.
    I wish I could but I personally do not have an Android, I use iOS :<

I recommend sending another ticket specifically about gwallet, how it works, and if you could somehow get folders back or not. Possibly trying to get more information about the thing from them may help, or at least make you more knowledgeable about what you were told to mess with.

Also, hopefully someone with an Android can offer you the help, but I personally can't help any further on this. Sorry :<
    dfk75h.jpg
  • mysticmystic Registered Users 233 Posts
    I have an android but i play on my ipad.
    does this gwallet folder creates itself when downloading the game if so i might be able to copy the files if i found them
    Game center :: mystic.lily
    Looks like it should if it is required to play :0
    dfk75h.jpg
    Ok i tried looking for the folder but didnt find it anywhere in my android
    can someone give me a snapshot of the exact location.
    It's in phone/Android/data/ and the folder should be called "com.glu.android.gwallet"
    MoxieFox wrote: »
    It's in phone/Android/data/ and the folder should be called "com.glu.android.gwallet"

cant find "com.glu.android.gwallet" all i found is "com.glu.stardomg" with two files in it "cache" and "files".
    searched them both but found nothing.
    There was definitely one there before, because I was able to find it and delete it. I remember seeing some files in it, but I figured that I've used the "delete the weird data folder" fix on other games before and it worked fine so I didn't even consider trying to save it before deleting it >.<

I submitted another ticket, so I'll let you know if they have anything useful to say this time!
    I can't believe it! On a whim, I decided I was tired of being caught in limbo with the game and uninstalled it then reinstalled it. I figured I'd chance the data being saved to my SD card, so I opened the game again and now everything works! Now I wished I had tried it sooner, but c'est la vie. So glad I can play again!!
    Grats! Glad your saves are back and you can continue being fabulous :D
    dfk75h.jpg