Options

holiday event near impossible

Tried like crazy to get enough presents for dress, boots and hat but it is impossible without the the double points scarf that for some reason I was never offered to buy. Totally disgusted with the situation. I got gyped out of halloween prize and now I will get shafted again

Comments

• Options
    whimsicalwhimsical Registered Users 9 Posts
    yeah i finished the game before the time ran out but no matter how hard i tried i didnt get enough presents to get the full outfit , but had plenty and was still getting more of the gingerbread and candy canes
  • Options
    loridburkeloridburke Registered Users 27 Posts
    Same here....kept getting them too even finished all the movies before the 30th....really ticked about it
  • Options
    laylerslaylers Registered Users 22 Posts
    Same... and my last movie, doesn't start for an hour, and the 30th starts in an half hour. I've been busy nonstop, so I havn't been doing much movies. I finished my gingerbread, I'm at 65 % for candy cane, but only 30 % for gifts. It's too bad, I really wanted the outfit for the gifts.
  • Options
    KeiaKeia Registered Users 423 Posts
    I personaly think everybody wanted that outfit. It was hard to get gifts because all that stuff you get. I had 80% gifts and it drive me crazy when I click on everything on the movie set and got little gifts. I think it was unfair to have all that gingerbread and candy cane. But its a game maybe it will reapper or something who know. My lil sister thought it should end on the 31st since it will be the end of the month
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    I also don't like how it ended at 9 for west coast just because its 12 at the east coast. Like I know they have a timer but my initial thought would be midnight and not 9pm. I wasn't able to finish my star's version for gifts and now I cannot log it. So upset.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Everyone is upset about this Christmas stuff. If you think about there has been more complaining about this one then the Halloween. Thats because all of us wanted that dress boots hat and sunglass. Me personaly I didnt care about the whole Ms.Santa Claus outfit. But we just have keep telling ourself it just a game and its ok. All of us try hard with this one and thats all it count that we tried. No game is perfect every game has it ups and down and flaws
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
  • Options
    No, it is not JUST the outfits. It's the mere completion of the entire thing. Having that feeling of not being able to complete something and possibly never get a chance at again is a tough thing to mentally get around. Just because you did or didn't care for the things doesn't mean other people feel the same way. Maybe some people didn't care for the outfit but just wanted to complete the achievements, who knows.

I personally don't really care for the Christmas prizes, I just wanted to make sure I could log the stuff for the wiki. Yes it is a game, but it doesn't mean people wont feel frustration. Events like this should still be fair game for paying players and non-paying players. The event also should have happened before Christmas where most people wouldn't be busy with the holidays.

There was probably more complaining because of the fact the gifts were just so much harder to get than the halloween event, and both were 6 days long, same approximate time taken to do the projects as well. And the initial poster has reason to be upset, as they weren't even offered the scarf at all, which could have given them an edge. Of course it's a game and no one is going to kill themselves for it but it's still something to discuss and frankly complain about because of its unfairness.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    whimsicalwhimsical Registered Users 9 Posts
    what would the scarf have done? i wasnt offered that either . for some reason i assumed that if i finished the movies i would be given the final outfit since i could only click on as many presents as they gave me and it obviously wasnt enough i didnt even get to 60%
  • Options
    The scarf would have been like the fangs in halloween, where you get 2 props instead of 1 for every energy you use. Yeah this happened in the halloween one too if you didn't have the double-prop item. You had to do extra projects to earn the remaining. The 60 gifts helps but that still leaves 200 (or 100 if you had the scarf) gifts to get...

The funny thing is that out of all the christmas prizes, my favorite is actually the scarf, which you had to pay 2 bucks for. Mainly did it for the sake of wiki and collection... but still.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    I came so close to getting the candy cane, nowhere close for the gifts though. They should've ended it at 12 in everyone's separate time zones., sorry to hear west coast had an early ending. :( I liked the gift outfit a lot, but I think I'll be able to live. :)
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    I'm actually shocked it ended so early! I think it ended here around 5PM if it ended 9AM where Shiro is (England is 8 hours ahead of Shiro's time zone.) But this is quite shocking & misleading to some extent, as the goal states you have until the 30 December which should mean 11:59PM for all time zones. The way the event ended it should of claimed that the 29 December was the last day.

It is very unfortunate for those who did not manage to collect all the required props to complete achievements, tbh the day it started was hardly convenient which made completion challenging. Also comparing the 24 hour Holiday projects time limit to the 8 hour Halloween projects really does make a huge difference in the success rate.

It has defiantly been proven that the Gift props were harder to obtain than the Skull props in the Halloween event. I only just about managed to collect enough Gift boxes in time with the combination of wearing the scarf & doing 3 hour projects in between the 8 hour waiting time, meanwhile with the Halloween event I didn't purchase the fangs & still managed to complete the collection in time.

So if you did not manage to complete all the Holiday achievements, do not feel down about it, it was a very challenging collection to complete.
  • Options
    I mean, the timing was fair and everybody got the same amount of time, but it was just harder for me to remember that the thing ends at 9pm than midnight and stuff. The event actually started for us at 9pm as well, but I was totally expecting midnight there too. I too think that the explanation was not very thorough. You think it ends the 30th meaning that's the last day but was actually when it started. Again, they did have the timer for that deal but as we have discovered, not everybody got that offer.

The event should have started on December 19th and and December 25th. The halloween one had perfect timing, as if you got everything, you were able to wear your stuff the day of. The previous post about getting christmas stuff after christmas is completely valid in which no one would want to wear it after christmas. Youd want to wear it the day of at least. Makes no sense really.

But I guess can't think of what should have happened and just move on. Indeed a challenge to complete, and the only way to beat it was to either pay or never sleep. lol
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Right, it is fair that everyone has the same amount of time. Mine ended at 11 PM (which isn't a big difference). I agree that it should've been started earlier.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Oh no, there was nothing unfair about the timing of the event. The explanation of when it ended should of been more thorough as we have said and of course the no show of the offer for some players didn't help those with the time limit. Just weighing the differences up between the Halloween and Holiday events and props just shows the difficulty of obtaining the achievements. But Stardom is all about challenges :)

This is true! I thought the same when reading the description for the update. Just from my own experience, I got the Santa outfit on Boxing Day so I still felt festive enough to wear it but would have much rather of worn it on Christmas Eve and Day.

No sleep or pay up was defiantly the only way to get through this one xD
  • Options
    Yeah. I needed my sleep, haha. Next time they should say midnight eastern time, instead of just midnight.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • Options
    Pretty much. Can't just give us nice things without a challenge haha

They didn't even say midnight, they just said Dec. 24 - Dec.30. The 12am EST would have really helped -.-
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    Shiro wrote: »
    Pretty much. Can't just give us nice things without a challenge haha

They didn't even say midnight, they just said Dec. 24 - Dec.30. The 12am EST would have really helped -.-

Right! They didn't even give us an ending time.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • Options
    It more like the Dec 24-Dec29 I think every hoilday challenge should be the same 8 hour movie with extra props you have to buy with stars like Halloween
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
  • Options
    Well the 8 hour/24 hour difference doesn't really matter in this case. In the Halloween, you had 8 hour movies with 24 hour waits, and in this one 24 hour movies with 8 hour waits. The timing is still exactly the same.

Yeah I was disappointed that the scarf cost money unlike the fangs that cost stars. Eh, I guess I got my money's worth since I finished everything I guess, but others weren't so lucky...
    dfk75h.jpg