To lie or not to lie, that is the question?

Hello, Is anyone doing the new mission? Did you admit to not reading the book or did you lie?? Not sure how I want to go!!!

Comments

• SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Say you have read the books :D You get the roles :p so yeah lie lol xD
  • ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    I lied and things turned out fine xD But I'm sure both will get you the part.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Ocean~GirlOcean~Girl Registered Users 28 Posts
    I am not liking this update!! My choice is to lie for gain or throw Max under the bus, and say he lied. I know this is just a game but is this really the only story line they could come up with??? Not good. Seems the last few updates have not been well thought out. The buzz thing is badly played, must be some errors in that need fixed!! Any way has some told the truth?? Just wondering how that plays out?
    I'm sure things turn out fine no matter what response you give. Don't don't stress over it =). If you lie, Gwen Kingslay will tell you about the role and her books etc and then you will have to wait 12 hours for the script. I'm sure things turn out fine if you tell the truth :3

As for the buzz... As far as I can tell the issue with it has been fixed so things should be okie now on that part. I personally liked the last update's storylines about a fan of yours and the tribute film series to a deceased actress, thought they were really fun, but I can understand where you are coming from. :o It seems as though glu are concentrating on events more than storylines atm, which is fun :)

At least atm the game is getting updates regularly, which is awesome! ^_^
    Do not worry, really. If you are still talking about the Song of Dragons goals, it does not matter because your agent doesn't even get mentioned really. I lied and no mention of my agent occurred. Personally this is a wonderful goal and update compared to the others that have been coming out recently; it's quite impressive, especially with all the dialogue they added in this update.

As of now the buzz has been fixed. Things happen in games and while it was poorly executed, at least they've been doing something about the buzz. I see why they added it: because it actually happens in real life... well the percentage thing, not necessarily the filming a bunch of projects lol.

It's great that they are actually updating so much! I remember this time last year it was the Oz update and then nothing for like 2 months....
    dfk75h.jpg
  • ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    I lied and everything was okay. I mean, it was a bit embarrassing when she told me to read the books better XD, but I still get to film the movies, so it's all fine with me. Also, Max will be just fine.
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
    Hello, sorry, very busy weekend so haven't had a chance to clearify this post. I am level 29, so I have played a lot. I have played this game longer than any I have downloaded. I have enjoyed I updates so far. It is just this one. In life, I hate lying or being lied to..I know we have discussed how we have played the game like the person we really are. I hated being mean and nasty to the actress's who was hateful to me in the early things. Again, I know it is just a game, but I think they could have come up with a better beginning story line on this. I was just wondering what others thought and what choice they made. On the buzz thingy, as far as I can see than, it is not good, here's why!! I am basing this off the four awards shows I have been to, and am working on 5. They changed the event to 48 hours instead of 24 hours way, my guess is in order to create a buzz, but when you do a project the buzz from that only lasts about 2 hours than you are back to 25% or less, so you have to finish a project very close to the time the show starts, good challenge you say?? Not when the shows starts at 3am in the morning, and by the time I get up the buzz is gone!!!! I am less than 25% even with a gold dress! to which I bought!!! No award!! Than you think ok I got this figured, you work so you have 75% or better at the next ones....hummm, should be a shoe in, not!!! 3 times, nothing. It is to much work and time trying to create a buzz and it has to be a 24 hour project to get any type of good buzz percentage!!!! To me if you get pecentage points for creating a "buzz" than those buzz points need to stay for the 48 hours not fade. Plus the odds of winning are worse than Vegas!!! When a game becomes a chore, I stop playing and I really do like this game. I am happy for the updates, gives me more to do.
    I can understand the fact you wouldn't want to lie, tbh I'm pretty sure if you told the truth you would have still got the part. With the lying it's not really that big a deal with this particular goal. She kinda gathers you haven't read the books and explains them to you, which makes me believe if you do tell the truth she does the same. Sadly, Hollywood careers are built up on lying, well some of them. I bet half the actors and actresses in real life wouldn't of got where they are today by telling the occasional porkie for a role :p. But of course if you feel that strongly about this, you could Submit a Ticket suggesting another way.

As for the buzz, it has been changed to 48 hours to give players more time to accumulate buzz points. If there was only 24 hours to do so no one would gain barely anything which makes it unfair. It was increased to make it fairer for players. But gaining buzz points isn't a must. I have won awards since the buzz feature was introduced and I had the lowest amount! It's just to make it a little more challenging/interesting for players ^_^

It should drop 1% every hour you haven't done a project and once again this is to make winning awards more challenging, so when you do win a award you feel a sense of self accomplishment, unlike before. It's all about time management which this game mainly relies on in order for you to be successful. I too have experienced early morning endings to the Award countdown, but I figured you must of been up at 3am when Charlene first called to tell you to be nominated. If need be, do not play stardom after a certain time, and if you are in the middle filming, do not leave the building if it is too late in the day for you to start a buzz campaign, that's what I do :o

But yes, there have been some errors with the dress, but those too should be fixed. If need be wear the dress when it is coming up to the final hours of the buzz countdown, so when it does end and you log on you will gain some points. The dress gives anything between 4-10 points at random. And I too find finishing a film right near the end of the countdown is an advantage. Once again, it's all about time management and getting the game to play around you rather than you play around it :3

I hope you will continue to love and play stardom hollywood and please do not feel disheartened. These features were added to make it more fun and challenging not to be unfair for players (⌒▽⌒)☆
    Thanks for your reply again. Maybe it's just me about the whole beginning story line..maybe they will see this thread, and give a little more thought to storyline. I am sure they are not going to change this one for me. I do sometimes get up in the. Idle of the night to go to the little girls room, and do some work on a 24 hour project. Charleen has caught me a few times!! From now on when I see her calling I will turn off the game fast, lol. I certainly lost more than 1% an hour the first time I tried the buzz, I was shocked when after a 24hour project the finished 4 hrs before Awards at 74% to awards ready and be at 28% the first time I tried. All glad they are working hard to make the game better.
    Ps. I decided to do the right thing and be truthful!! Lol It was good, going to be a fun project!! I guess I will be earning my shamrocks!!
    Hey no problemo, it's what I am here for :o

I doubt they will see this thread for a long time, if you really want to put your point across submit a suggestion to the developers. They love feedback :D I too doubt they will change it but they will take it on board for future storylines, so it's worth a shot :3

Haha! Me too!! I can't sleep knowing the time is ticking away on a project while I sleep xD As I said, just don't leave the studio if you are in one, as soon as you do that's when Charlene is gonna call you if you have been nominated. Look at the studio as your safe house xD

Yeah there was some glitches with the buzz but they have now been fixed ^_^ I had 75% buzz and in a matter of 2 hours I had 30 o.O so I wasn't a happy bunny, but it shouldn't anymore =) If you are still experiencing a dramatic drop in buzz report it to the developers by submitting a ticket.

P.S YAY!!! Glad it turned out well! Now go get those Shamrocks, girl!
    Ps I took the high road and told the truth!! It all came out good. If anyone wants to know, I will tell you, just don't want to post a spoiler. Looks like a good mission, sort of a play on the game of thrones!!
    Ocean~Girl wrote: »
    Ps I took the high road and told the truth!! It all came out good. If anyone wants to know, I will tell you, just don't want to post a spoiler. Looks like a good mission, sort of a play on the game of thrones!!

Glad both paths do you well!

It sure is! It has all been logged and recorded on the wiki if you need to walkthrough ^^

Be warned, the last movie takes longer than the rest! So manage your time wisely :3 !!
    dfk75h.jpg
  • KeiaKeia Registered Users 423 Posts
    Yea I didnt want to lie cause I was afraid she was going to ask me question from the book. So I told the truth and it went great. Either way it go good or bad it still gonna work out fine. I understand the buzz is very frustrated but you cant let that get to you if you win then you win if you dont then you dont. Dont stress about it its not like you getting 20 stars for each time you win. :)
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
    Yeah that crossed my mind but I just went ahead and told the porkie :p It is good both paths turn out fine :3

Exactly, Keia! Very well said! It's all part of the fun :D
    Yeah I actually thought since Arnie told me that if she asked me about the book, to describe it as beautifully tragic. I thought that if I lied she would have asked that but she never did... oh well xD

Yep, the buzz should have been fixed (dropped 40% in 2 minutes before, bah), but the buzz at least makes you have to work harder for your award xD I literally was too easy back then...
    dfk75h.jpg