Personal Issues with the Shiro/Sami update...

Shiro's Depression Rant lol
WARNING: Shiro is very sad and emotionally wonked so don't take her too seriously with the harsh feelings lol.
She will probably get this either resolved or get over it later but she needs to talk this out for now.
Thanks for dealing with her Stardom Community <3 lol

I appreciate what they did for us. I wouldn't have dreamed for this to happen and am ecstatic about all of this.
They even did what I asked for which was to do the movie Frosty and have the player do some VA work.
They did that part wonderfully and I love it.

But what my issue is the character Shiro, who is literally supposed to be me.
They really hurt me here and I'm not sure they even thought about my feelings before releasing this goal.
Note that we DID send our EXACT starlets to the developers.

~~~

Here are the comparisons:

SamuraiPizzaCat vs. Sami Pizzicatti
aeslfd.png
All features are exactly as they are besides the eye makeup, but Samurai does use that shade.
All jewelry is the same except for the nice little ring they colored a nice dark hot pink.
They even made that dress a tank top, which really suits Samurai.
Not sure about the shoes but that's pretty minor.
She looks perfect.

Shiro vs. Shiro Liu
b8jk8x.png
Looks similar but not the same unlike Samurai.
The skin tone is a shade lighter, eye shape is wrong, eye color is wrong, no earrings,
no bag, wrong nail polish, no leggings, and no ruby slippers.
To get my features (especially physical) wrong really hurts, especially when
I sent a picture of me with exactly my look.
The black ring was a nice touch but that doesn't make up for half the things that characterize Shiro.
When I look closer, it looks like they really tried to make me look asian. That's not right.
This isn't me.

~~~

If both of us had tweaks, I wouldn't mind it one bit. But they made Samurai flawless and me, well, let's just assume they did mine last minute while dozing off. It offends me that they wouldn't work nearly as much as they did for Samurai. Really.
This isn't Shiro, this is someone who just looks like her. That hurts.

I know it sounds really childish and that I should at least be happy they did this (and trust me I am), but I'm just really disappointed in the work they did for my character. The fact that they did more work for Samurai than me just really offends me. I hope it's understandable but if not, well the point is I'm just really sad.

I wish I was treated equally in this case. The biggest part about this update was actually featuring us. But for me, it sounds more like the update is featuring Samurai and a person who looks like me. I'm very offended and hurt by it, especially after all the time I've put into this community.

But like I said don't take the harsh feelings too seriously. I usually get over things pretty fast, but in this case it'll probably take me a bit to calm down. Emotions and all, they suck sometimes. glu really hurt me here. Badly. It's almost as if they thought my starlet was hideous so they altered her.

As silly as it sounds, I love this game to death. And for the developers to do this is just heart wrenching. I love this game and community, and for the devs to almost think so low of me to think that it's okay to give one a better treatment than the other just kills me. I hope that their reasoning is enough for me to be convinced their decisions were rational enough to disregard my feelings.

But alas, this is a personal issue and I don't want the community to feel for me too much (as I don't really expect it anyways). I hope you all enjoy filming the animated film Frosty with some unique VA and motion work!

Thanks for taking the time to read.
I wish you a truly wonderful, starry, happy stardom.
Shiro

dfk75h.jpg

Comments

• Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    I come back to this section if the forum to read this o.o hope every thing is ok

Edit: hope you know it wasnt the people who are admins here who made the changes, remember, each game has its own dev's, who do what they need to, they dont usually tell us and show us everything before its released. Just wanted to point that out,

But seriously you ok though o_o .
    IMG%5D
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    This makes me really sad :( and I can understand where you are coming from... Tbh I don't quite know what to say. For once this cat is speechless. The words I can produce won't signify how sad I truly am about you feeling this way. But I hope you know you are appreciated by me and of course this whole community
  • ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Kush- I understand that, I'm just venting out my sadness on the forums since they've always been here for me… By the way, I stole all your mod powers muahaha

Samurai- Thanks Samurai, you're always there to say the right things. I wish I could do that haha… Hopefully we'll get it sorted out later :)
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Kush_snipesKush_snipes Registered Users 1,067 Posts
    If you stole it how do i still have them?? Magic? Only part you cant touch is the info desk section. But its not as much as general discussion so that where u would help the most since i cant do it all :D
    IMG%5D
  • ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Oh I just mean I have them now too xD

I can do Customer Care but that's all for Info Desk xD Yeah I'm just a janitor here on the forums !
    dfk75h.jpg
  • urajanurajan Registered Users 20 Posts
    Shiro you are so much more than a janitor! Whenever I have a silly question or issue I can alway count on you and SPC to come through with answers and solutions so don't ever discount the work you do and what it's worth to the forum community!
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Here, here urajan! I'll drink to that *clink* xD

Very well said :o and thank you it means a lot :3
  • GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Hi Shiro,
    As you know, we appreciate the work you do here and have tried to show you and give you the recognition you deserve (to that effect, I think "janitor" is a little unfair). However, there are a lot of assumptions being put forth in your statement (e.g. one avatar having more "work" put into it, that any of this was personal, that there are racial implications, thinking "low" of you, etc.) and because of your position as a community moderator, this can be taken as fact. I can assure you, none of this was true and nothing was deliberate. Exactly the same amount of work was put into each avatar and these were sincerely meant as a tribute to you both, with neither being weighted more heavily than the other. We hope to address the appearance of the avatar in a future update.

We understand your disappointment, but this thread is now closed due to the personal nature of your complaint. If you prefer to speak privately, you can certainly do so.
This discussion has been closed.