Options

When to start a new job

I really like how theres so many different types of quests, but sometimes it gets overwhelming because it shows that i have 12 movies to film, and 4 of them have to be in the next few days and yet when my agent calls me the only thing he wants me to film is something without a time constraint. I think it would be really helpful to be able to choose between a few different movies that you have to do for quests, as well as call your agent and request that something be started earlier so that time constraints can be met.

Comments

• Options
    ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    This is actually a really good point. The timing always gets kind of messy. Although this is a good idea, I can see it perhaps making the game too easy. I guess that the point of the game is to be able to balance your star/starlet's life well. It would be nice to choose quests. We're prestigious celebrities, we don't accept every single role we are asked to do. XD
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    You really have to manage your time and figure out which projects are more important. It's best not to start multiple goals at once, and if they come at you without you expecting it, manage what you want. You are able to decline scripts for an hour and that can get you the calls you need.

However, I'm not saying this is a bad point. I love this suggestion! It would be nice to just tell your agent which script you want to work on first in a list while he calls. It would be really helpful! :)
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    It would be pretty cool if there was an option to choose scripts when there are multiple films lined up :) But it is all about management as Shiro says.

Also prioritising is key in the game too. Just do the projects that have a time limit first, decline other scripts that can wait :3 Just remember when declining to check back every hour for that call from your agent :o
  • Options
    Molly1Molly1 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Yeah , on some projects you dont have a choice, and it says to get this done by so and so time. meanwhile you have 10 other things to do. I hate when that happens. This is supposed to be a casual game , not a time management game. I get what you guys are saying though. But when a game becomes a chore I lose interest. :/
  • Options
    ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    I would still consider this a casual game, it just depends on how casual you want to be. :)

A lot of players are sadly under the impression that they must reach the top #1 A-List as fast as possible, which is why they stress out a whole lot, get anxious about things before actually playing their own game, and end up losing interest. It's a casual game because it's a game where you can take your time getting there. A lot of real-life actors don't even care to be A-List because they don't want to be as busy as the A-Listers. But of course since Stardom is a game, it makes people think that they must "finish" the game ASAP.

Nearly every job in the world requires some sort time management; this game just ends up emphasizing it a lot more. In real life, when projects are due, they won't give you forever to do it; there is a due date and that's just the challenge of the job, Stardom or anything. And since Stardom is based on the job of being an actor/actress, this is why time management applies. It's up to you whether you believe your job, or Stardom, is a chore or not.

I understand your point, as games shouldn't stress you out. Stardom is definitely not the perfect game, but I think it balances boredom and frustration (big part of game development and design) very well. They could do a lot better with spreading out their goals for sure though, but since they aren't players just have to adapt to that and work on their time management. ^_^

Sorry, a usual Shiro rant that everybody hates but hopefully will understand in the future xD Plus I cannot help myself but want to help share ideas… Just don't get me wrong, I understand your point completely :)
    dfk75h.jpg
  • Options
    I know, and thats in real life only. People want to play stardom, not be stressed about this and that, and whats gonna happen with the time when i go to sleep.. etc. I get it though
  • Options
    SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Just don't let it stress you out if that's what the game is doing to you :) Personally, I find it relaxing xD Helps with boredom and frustration for me anyway.

Just take a deep breath when loading the game up and do some stardom zen xD Remind yourself "It's just a game. It's fun and not to be taken too seriously."

And when you go to sleep, that's switch off time for me anyway. Don't fret over it, girlie :o I'm sure you're doing just fine :3
  • Options
    Thanks lol