Crashing in Cannes

I haven't played the game in a while, but was just getting to the movie premiere in Cannes. I've booted it up a couple of times in the last several days, and every time I try to enter the Cannes auditorium, the game crashes. Has anyone else experienced this? I searched the forums but to no avail.

Any ideas? I'm playing in Mac OSX.

Comments

• SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Oh gawd! This is a major issue that the mac version has been experiencing and the very reason why there have been no updates for it for a while. The team are trying to address this issue :/ so there isn't much you can do sadly. You could try turning off icloud then relaunching to see if that resolves it. Other than that I would submit a ticket to them as this may not be the case anymore & they may be able to suggest something.:)

I hope it's sorted ASAP :3
  • @marzipanj@marzipanj Registered Users 15 Posts
    Oh gawd! This is a major issue that the mac version has been experiencing and the very reason why there have been no updates for it for a while. The team are trying to address this issue :/ so there isn't much you can do sadly. You could try turning off icloud then relaunching to see if that resolves it. Other than that I would submit a ticket to them as this may not be the case anymore & they may be able to suggest something.:)

I hope it's sorted ASAP :3

Thanks for letting me know! I guess I'll submit a ticket and watch for an update then. I hope they also address the losing fans for four-/five-star movies, too. That's what made me get frustrated and stop playing.

I also realized after I posted that I've updated to OS Mavericks--maybe that's related? Do you think I can play the rest of the game without trying to get into the Cannes auditorium? Thanks again!
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Oh wow! I know of losing fans for 4 as that is actually part of gameplay as you progress but has been reduced to 3 stars now, but 5!!! That is so bad! I hope that is addressed soon :)

It may be related :/ But tbh this occurrence of crashing on the mac version of hollywood has been around for sometime.... since the middle of last year I believe... so yeah, a long time :| I think you should be able to play the majority of the game without having to got to Cannes... if need be use the Stardom: Hollywood wiki as a guide to avoid Cannes related goals lol, find your current goals and go from there :3

Hope it's all sorted soon for you and all the other mac players ^_^