Upcoming Kim Kardashian Hollywood Game… Opinions?

2Next

Comments

• ZbjZbj Registered Users 581 Posts
    See I find KKH too easy! I was on the A List and maxed out fans within two days!! Completed 8 hour projects in 1 hour! The story line bores the hell out of me and on top of it most of the characters are just cope offs of Stardom: Hollywood ones :p lol! The locations lack depth too. The list is endless haha! There is no challenge in KKH unlike Stardom: Hollywood in my opinion :o

Your points are all very valid. The locations in Kim K. Hollywood are very basic, each area/city thingy has about 3ish places. The buildings inside do lack details that Stardom Hollywood has.
    Beware the green Indian soda, seriously...
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • InsomniaInsomnia Registered Users 89 Posts
    Zbj wrote: »
    Right! 24 hour tasks are one of the hardest ones! They always make me lose a couple million fans, always. XD

I do get 5 stars on all my projects but it's draining on me haha :P
    Game Center: GHan94

Feel free to add me! :)

I play Kim Kardashian: Hollywood and Stardom: Hollywood. My name in the game is "Grace"
  • SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    Your points are all very valid. The locations in Kim K. Hollywood are very basic, each area/city thingy has about 3ish places. The buildings inside do lack details that Stardom Hollywood has.

I know right xD I'm not making points I'm just sharing my opinions on the two games. I feel KKH is more suited to younger audience when it comes to difficulty, but not so much dialogue. I mean c'mon asked to do a nude shoot? How is that suited for kids or a good role model? xD i do love the clothes in KKH though :3

Insomnia! BOOYAHHH! Well done on hitting 5 stars on all your projects :D It is hard work but totally worth it right xD
    Insomnia- Awesome job! It's great that you have the skill to do it, I forget about my projects sometimes... :P

SPC- Yeah, the dialogue is a bit much. KKH does have wonderful clothing! The problem with the clothing is that a lot of them require stars to buy them. Maybe even a majority requires stars to buy the clothes. It's funny, cause a lot of things that I end up liking ends up costing stars. :/
    ZBJ101
    ;)
    I know right xD I'm not making points I'm just sharing my opinions on the two games. I feel KKH is more suited to younger audience when it comes to difficulty, but not so much dialogue. I mean c'mon asked to do a nude shoot? How is that suited for kids or a good role model? xD i do love the clothes in KKH though :3

Insomnia! BOOYAHHH! Well done on hitting 5 stars on all your projects :D It is hard work but totally worth it right xD

I would rather do a ton of small projects than one big one haha. I now only do the 24 hour projects if I absolutely have to do them. I found a way to drastically shorten the time I take for events now :D
    Insomnia- Awesome job! It's great that you have the skill to do it, I forget about my projects sometimes... :P

SPC- Yeah, the dialogue is a bit much. KKH does have wonderful clothing! The problem with the clothing is that a lot of them require stars to buy them. Maybe even a majority requires stars to buy the clothes. It's funny, cause a lot of things that I end up liking ends up costing stars. :/

I get notifications on my phone saying my energy's full so I'm reminded to go on from time to time for the longer projects.

I play Kim Kardashian: Hollywood and Stardom: Hollywood. My name in the game is "Grace"
  • princessuloveprincessulove Registered Users 6 Posts
    Right now, I can honestly say that my time is being divided up with majority of KKH and some with Stardom only because KKH continues to give me tasks to complete that are fun and continue. I have many of them at the same time. It keeps me busy. With Stardom, each update comes with two or three task and when you are done with those, you have to go back to boring repetitive shows. If Stardom adds more task, I would defiantly switch over. And I wish I could transfer my money from Stardom to KKH
  • ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Yeah I can see that. But remember that KKH is new and the maximum level is only 20 so of course you'd be hitting a lot of goals. But in Stardom, a lot of us have already passed that point and are higher level so we just don't get as much. If you started playing Stardom and KKH at the same time, I'm sure the goal amounts are pretty similar.
    dfk75h.jpg
  • kodiakkiakodiakkia Registered Users 65 Posts
    I'm enjoying KKH. There's a few things from Stardom I miss like actually have to remember lines of script, clothes being cheaper, more scenes within an location and engagement/marriage.

However, I LOVE that projects doesn't take nearly as long as Stardom. For instance, I started a 24 hour project in both games at the same time. It's taking me every bit of the 24 hours to complete the project in Stardom but it took me probably half that in KKH. I absolutely HATE long projects. I think 8 hours should be the max. But I'm sure that's what people find too easy about the game. However, I enjoy that aspect. So overall so far so good!

And I find games are more enjoyable when you play them without the max cash and stars. You level up and play quickly and spoil everything for yourself. I started the game on the launch day and I still have ways to go. I think the experience is much different that way. I say that because I notice those who spent money or used the cheat are all bored and just giving things away right now. They spoiled the game for themselves....that's why they are bored. Play the game as it was designed. Use the energy, wait two hours for your energy to rebuild. Take breaks from the game. It will make a difference.

The judgement on the nude shoot is a little unfair. People who are seen as suitable role models do nude shoots for PETA, body positive campaigns, baby bump photo shoots, green causes and were all done with class. There's nothing wrong with the human body. It should be celebrated not shunned as if it's a dirty secret. Beside, it's not like the character was actually naked for that project. And it was actually real photo shoot, it would have been done with nature elements covering genitals. So I really don't get that point.

This was a nude shoot done recently of famous actresses - celebrating their body, flaws and all http://www.allure.com/celebrity-trends/2014/naked-celebrities-photos-allure-may-2014#slide=2
  • BleuBleu Registered Users 138 Posts
    To be honest I don't open this thread because I'm not interested in the topic lol.
    But now I see I'm missing something.

I'm 100% with Stardom team, because the main reason I dislike KKH is that the game is about Kim and how she made you famous.
    I know some might say nothing wrong about being helped, I won't mind if it was a "real" talented celeb. (Not even sorry KK fans)
    Though I liked the graphic and the clothing a lot! Not the content.
    The Stardom content is deep while KKH is shallow.

I have so many things to argue about but at the end it is just an opinion and a matter of "taste" and thats why there is a new game.

There is nothing wrong or right here, it is just about what an individual believes.
    Bleu wrote: »
    To be honest I don't open this thread because I'm not interested in the topic lol.
    But now I see I'm missing something.

I'm 100% with Stardom team, because the main reason I dislike KKH is that the game is about Kim and how she made you famous.
    I know some might say nothing wrong about being helped, I won't mind if it was a "real" talented celeb. (Not even sorry KK fans)
    Though I liked the graphic and the clothing a lot! Not the content.
    The Stardom content is deep while KKH is shallow.

I have so many things to argue about but at the end it is just an opinion and a matter of "taste" and thats why there is a new game.

There is nothing wrong or right here, it is just about what an individual believes.

I agree with you haha. I don't really like KK either. I actually do like Stardom's content better. When I first started playing KKH (before I even touched stardom), I was like "really!? KK just happens to be in front of the store I work at? And wth is a hand hug?" XD

And all the clothing is cheaper on Stardom. -.- but I do enjoy the graphics and the locations look prettier but I wish one place wouldn't only have like 3 locations. When I first started playing stardom, I was like "no way, you can scroll to more parts of the map!?" Haha

• BleuBleu Registered Users 138 Posts
    Insomnia wrote: »
    When I first started playing stardom, I was like "no way, you can scroll to more parts of the map!?" Haha

Haha that was cute.
  • Psycho ChefPsycho Chef Registered Users 58 Posts
    For the money and time I spent on stardom hollywood.. I don't even want to download KKH. Afraid I might spend more time and neglect stardom. I might start playing when I'm finish the stardom game though.
    ROC
    Game Center: PsychoCh3f
    For the money and time I spent on stardom hollywood.. I don't even want to download KKH. Afraid I might spend more time and neglect stardom. I might start playing when I'm finish the stardom game though.

You know I'm playing both right now and I can give both equally time. Right now I'm waiting for school to start back up and I have plenty time to waste. What makes it perfect is when I'm waiting on Stardom's energy to refill, I have KKH to go play during the wait. It balances itself out for me. But I can imagine when I get back to school and work I might have to slow my playing time.
    kodiakkia wrote: »
    You know I'm playing both right now and I can give both equally time. Right now I'm waiting for school to start back up and I have plenty time to waste. What makes it perfect is when I'm waiting on Stardom's energy to refill, I have KKH to go play during the wait. It balances itself out for me. But I can imagine when I get back to school and work I might have to slow my playing time.

Same goes with me. I've started giving equal attention to both games. When the school year starts back up, I get extremely busy, so I'll probably have a lot less time for either game.
    ZBJ101
    ;)
  • ShiroShiro Moderators 2,066 Posts
    Bleu, you hit it right on the nail! Stardom just has so much more depth and I feel like i'm taking my own path rather than someone else's. Both of them, Hollywood and A-List.

Only really doing KKH because logging is fun. :) It gives a nice refreshment from editing Stardom but that is about it LOL
    dfk75h.jpg

I play both equally. Sometimes, I have a bigger project on Stardom and focus on that more than what I'm doing on KKH. Pretty sure KKH doesn't have 48 hour projects lol.
    Same goes with me. I've started giving equal attention to both games. When the school year starts back up, I get extremely busy, so I'll probably have a lot less time for either game.

Yeah, I'm busy during the school year too. Work and school. I also need to look for research opportunities when the year starts up again and grad school preparation.

• SamuraiPizzaCatSamuraiPizzaCat Member 3,359 Posts
    The judgement on the nude shoot is a little unfair. People who are seen as suitable role models do nude shoots for PETA, body positive campaigns, baby bump photo shoots, green causes and were all done with class. There's nothing wrong with the human body. It should be celebrated not shunned as if it's a dirty secret. Beside, it's not like the character was actually naked for that project. And it was actually real photo shoot, it would have been done with nature elements covering genitals. So I really don't get that point.

This was a nude shoot done recently of famous actresses - celebrating their body, flaws and all http://www.allure.com/celebrity-trends/2014/naked-celebrities-photos-allure-may-2014#slide=2

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with doing nude shoots. As you have said the human body should be celebrated and is a beautiful thing. I just personally feel that in a game where it's for a young audience I hardly see it's appropriate. I don't think any parent would think that is suitable either. Plus it's one of the earlier goals so it kinda suggests that is what gets you on road to your fame. Yeah ok you don't actually go nude in it but it's suggested.

It's not just the nude shoot in this game, it's the whole concept of it is shallow and promotes an unhealthy approach to stuff in my opinion. For example: you can only get a bonus heart on dates and a bonus star on projects if you have lots of clothes. If you don't have enough your date insults you. How is that right? My partner isn't with me due to how I dress :/ The whole game is about how you look rather than talent. As I have said in previous and later comments there are some things I like about it as in the clothes :3 But hey, we are all unique meaning everyone has a different opinion :D
    I'm not saying there is anything wrong with doing nude shoots. As you have said the human body should be celebrated and is a beautiful thing. I just personally feel that in a game where it's for a young audience I hardly see it's appropriate. I don't think any parent would think that is suitable either. Plus it's one of the earlier goals so it kinda suggests that is what gets you on road to your fame. Yeah ok you don't actually go nude in it but it's suggested.

It's not just the nude shoot in this game, it's the whole concept of it is shallow and promotes an unhealthy approach to stuff in my opinion. For example: you can only get a bonus heart on dates and a bonus star on projects if you have lots of clothes. If you don't have enough your date insults you. How is that right? My partner isn't with me due to how I dress :/ The whole game is about how you look rather than talent. As I have said in previous and later comments there are some things I like about it as in the clothes :3 But hey, we are all unique meaning everyone has a different opinion :D

I understand where you are coming from. But the characters have different initial goals in Stardom and KKH. In KKH, the character is trying to be a model, which make the value of dressing well make sense. To be a fashion icon, you have to have some type of fashion sense. I honestly don't get the whole shallow and deep argument because the games are nearly identical created by the same company with the same clothes, same type of goals and same type of dialogue. The only difference is Kim K is attached to it with small aspects about her within the game. I see the bonus hearts and stars ways to help players earn more within the game. That's evident by gaining a star at every log in currently or the weekend special of earning a bonus star after completing a project. I see it as ways to help players win more not some hidden agenda.

We just have to agree to disagree because I don't see what's inappropriate about the nude shoot. It's unseen and children know celebrities do nude shoots from things like PETA campaigns all the time. So I don't get why they need to be guarded by things they already know about. Although I have yet to meet any young kids playing this game yet...

It's good to talk to people about the likes and dislikes of the games we play.
  • Psycho ChefPsycho Chef Registered Users 58 Posts

Same, I'm working part-time at the moment. Don't have that much time playing both KKH and stardom at the same time. When semester starts, won't have time either. Besides, on free time, still have Clash of Clan, Bakery Story, Cityville on my iphone. Darkorbit and League of Legends on computer. Call of Duty and AceCombat on playstation.. Wish I could spare some time for KKH :/
    ROC
    Game Center: PsychoCh3f
  • robberatlargerobberatlarge Registered Users 4 Posts
    After the recent updates, I'm enjoying KKH quite a bit. I think the humor works better in it with Kim Kardashian being there, but I don't know if that's intentional. Like the nude shoot... Obviously she's done them, so when it came up I found it funny. "Oh she did one; now I have to?"

The clothing options are great! Not as many as Stardom of course, but a lot of them are really nice. I wish Stardom would get an update with those clothes.
  • LysanderLysander Registered Users 42 Posts
    Decided to give it a try and been playing for a few weeks. Too many thing I question from glue. Why are some free hairs now unfree? Why couldn't our version have these nice clothes. Kinda disappointing they could of added these cool features but instead wasted it for a whole new game instead.

I did enjoy the game though despite kim kardashian being in it until...I got cursed again. Game got corrupt and iCloud couldn't save it. Lost all the stars I saved up for and progress. :/ I feel like not even bothering to start over or joining the dark forces to get back to where I was. -.-