Anyone has any primes yet?

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
Does anyone have any prime players yet or know the player name of someone who does? I want to find out if you need Prime XP in 2018 or if it is all just regular XP for all kinds now. The reason I am asking is that our custom legend does not seem to use Legend XP but that may change if you evolve him high enough.
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    If you get a 5 Star Specialty pick just tap the icon that lets you see a selection of players you may receive, but do not tap the icon which initiates the drafting.  Continue to "x" out of this screen and re-open it as if you were toggling it.  After about 20 or 30 views of this screen you may have your answer re: Prime players being available in 2018 right now.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Speaking of Primes. Prime Harper box as well as Prime XP boxes are available now and it seems that Primes start at Bronze as well.

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    For a 2.5% chance of getting one.. No thanks. The odds are not good.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Yeah I'd rather wait for the Prime/Legend draft boxes. It'll be interesting to see though if the Fan Reward boxes today will offer a Prime for the top prize or not.

• Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    As much as I want a prime or legend player i would gladly just like to stack up on prime and legend xp at the very least
    edited April 2018
    I still don't know for sure if Prime Boxes are the best, or if Prime Picks are better than boxes.  In 2017, Glu did a giveaway based on Twitter likes, and in the reward phase the prime picks were at a premium compared to legend boxes.  I'm waiting for picks.  Having put that in writing, if I hear that Prime boxes are yielding Prime players with a regularity, you can count me in.

One member in my club pulled Harper in the prime box. Prime draft picks aren't that great if your referring to the ones that the club rewards paid out for reaching the final tiers and completing season mode in 2017. Prime ONLY draft picks are very rare and were only done for the twitter contest, but I don't see something like that happening soon. If you have the gold I would try the prime box. I myself am 0/1 on the box, but will try again. Having a prime player is key to helping complete walk off hero.
  • Roundthebases123Roundthebases123 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Big Harper fan. I will keep trying until I get him!

There is your proof. If only harper prime is available why is he already available to some users? This is not the first person I have seen with him. So... yea no comment further. I reached my breaking point with GLU this weekend. Spent 10k this week in gold on POWs to get xp 7 times lol. What a joke. Its random yes, I was happy to do it. But the 250 pts just ticked me right off. I have 6 players in the line up.. 4 are 5 stars.. Bellinger, Turner, Harper etc.. And I am barely making a dent in points compared to what I should be. So if you want to do 250 GLU then lower the Tiers to be more reasonable. But you wont, wait you did. You changed the ranking systems from Top 100 to Top 15 for accolades. Good Job. Our club busted our butts all week getting top 100 in each event for nothing.

Thanks Again
    – The Great Houmy
    edited April 2018
    I get a stinging reaction when I feel I have players on my team who should do something in a game, but they flop.  My players are all sliding downhill statistically.  Good players are good players, right? Apparently, this isn't true.

I know that a lot of people just auto play most of the time, but I enjoy playing and I track the stat compilations.  My goals are related to the long term goals set by the game.  Reason why?  The rewards for these goals are outstanding.  Rewards are in the hundreds of gold and much better than a couple of #1 picks.  My commitment to some good players is tied to their ability to meet the goals and get the rewards for individual player achievements.  I can't change these players without settling for a setback related to these special achievements.  Auto play doesn't make the players more productive, worse in fact.  But I can play more games.  I think it's dia-freaking-bolical, Glu.  

TSB 2018 Clubs are wild and unpredictable, mostly in a bad way.  I will get with a Club when I feel better about the available options.  Part of the reason is about the bonus offerings. The 250pt Bonus should be banned altogether or expanded to include other stats, such as runs scored, rbi's, pitching wins, holds, saves, etc...  It would create a "bundled" effect, making for a good bonus.  
    Categories would be a nice added element!
    edited April 2018
    That's kind of you to say.  
    I am basically sharing my thoughts with fellow players.  Venting is not the right word for it.  If anybody here would like to write any of my ideas in the suggestion area, go right ahead.  I won't be bothered at all.

It's all good.
    edited April 2018
    dkarski87 said:

There is your proof. If only harper prime is available why is he already available to some users? This is not the first person I have seen with him. So... yea no comment further. I reached my breaking point with GLU this weekend. Spent 10k this week in gold on POWs to get xp 7 times lol. What a joke. Its random yes, I was happy to do it. But the 250 pts just ticked me right off. I have 6 players in the line up.. 4 are 5 stars.. Bellinger, Turner, Harper etc.. And I am barely making a dent in points compared to what I should be. So if you want to do 250 GLU then lower the Tiers to be more reasonable. But you wont, wait you did. You changed the ranking systems from Top 100 to Top 15 for accolades. Good Job. Our club busted our butts all week getting top 100 in each event for nothing.

Thanks Again

You know that some people could get the Prime players that are not available as boxes through moment picks instead. That is how I got my first prime in 2017. Having said that the picture you showed makes no sense to me. The game has been out 1 month for the U.S. and about two months for Canadians so there is really no way someone could already be at Diamond Level 5 with over 10,000 games played and even if they were their team & sluggers strengths would easily be much higher than what it shows here. I even tried to start a game with him but that player name does not seem to exist in 2018. Tried him in 2017 and he is on there but with a team strength of 15K as you can see by the screen shot below.

Of course I am not saying that you are lying about that team or that you photoshoped that image. It may just be an internal GLU test account to figure out bugs and such.

Houmy, I always appreciate your feedback. Always honest with your posts. I got nothing to gain from "photo shopping" anything. The user changed his username after this was posted and removed Pablo from his lineup. With the epic moments.. I agree I got my Greenke in 17 from the moments. But I have yet to see a epic moments on 18 yet for players. This was not the only person I came across who has him. Also about 3 weeks ago GLU posted on their Twitter page Pablo with an emoji set of eyes to keep an eye out. So its not like they were hiding anything it by releasing additional primes. Could be a test account, who knows. I really done care to be honest. I just got so fed up with GLU and there changing of things without giving us notice. Mainly the rankings for events. My club finished top 100 all week which should have given us accolades for the weekend. They changed it so only top 25 now get them. It use to be top 100 for years. Its only a small 1.1 accolades but when they only give a 250bonus pt for players its hard to compete. When tier are set to the millions to achieve. I had 6 players in the line up this weekend. Bellinger, Turner, Murphy... All very good players and I barely got to 400k over 3 days of constant playing. 6 players is a lot for any event. Normally if you get 1 or 2 its good. But I had 6, 4 of which were 5 stars. Glu just doesn't care about how they are impacting the game and users. I like how the idea that someone posted about removing the bonus if that's the case and make something of a bundle bonus. Saves, Ks., RBIs... etc

– The Great Houmy
    If we are to have 0 bonus then lets make the tiers more realistic to achieve. not 5 and 15m for higher tiers.
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski don't get me wrong. I am not disagreeing with anything you said. Simply saying that it is too early for cheaters/loaders to have figured out how to get that high in rankings and levels so I would simply guess a GLU test account.

From what I've heard. 18 will be very hard to cheat because of the 1 account per device. But who knows. Anything is possible right. Most likely its a test account but I was just venting my anger from the past few weeks. Alot of us spend our own free time helping THEIR users while they almost do nothing when it comes to providing support and feedback. 90% of the time its the same copy and pasted response from there emails. I am sure we have all seen it. People are not stupid, when you get the same email 5-6 times its pretty obvious.
    – The Great Houmy
    Dkarski87, you are an avid player, this much is obvious.  And I get that you're upset Glu has created a variety of gaming experiences for the many different gamer-types, but would you be so upset if you were the benefactor of such division?  

I hope you amass a good team before too long, even though it's sort of criminal of you to overlook the many things you benefitted from while others did not in TSB 2017, and obviously became accustomed to the success brought on by those privileges.  Could this be the reason for your rotten eggs?  Bottom line, Glu makes it easy to succeed in their games without spending a dime.  Read the thread about Super Secrets to Success in this very forum and you'll learn something about it.  

FYI- your interpretation of my post re:bonus pts of 250 pts increments and utilization of additional stats is completely wrong.  

I was saying that a lot of different bonuses & stat trackers, which is how bonuses work, would allow for point accumulation from more stat categories in a game.  Such a system would give us, the gamers, a bonus point score we'd be happier with because small bonuses mean fewer rewards from progress.   
    No rotten eggs here. Just the lack of inconsistency and poor communication skills from a company that is providing a service to paying customers. Don't know what benefits you are referring too at all, I do not have VIP status so I do not get any additional benefits from the game. You keep citing the specifics in the game and how you want to improve it, sure your bonus structure makes sense and its logical but whats the point in having a service or product if you deal with poor CS all the time and changes to a structure that all have become accustomed too. It;s like you going to pick your morning coffee everyday before work, you have been doing it for 25 years. Then one day you go to pick it up to find out they changed it and threw a new batch of flavor and say "take it or leave it". The game is awesome, we all love it but better communication is needed from the company to its users.
    – The Great Houmy
    Dkarski87, I sense your frustration and it's obvious to everybody (I think) from your postings where you lay a "fair" amount of the blame.  I don't fault your honesty or desire to play well and have more fun.  We all want that, as I'm sure you sense it.  

It might be easier to meet your dual ambitions if the game were closer to that which is described in your posts, after the implementation of your suggestions.  This, I don't doubt.   You also complain about advantages that other players might enjoy, and that plus your idea of what the TSB 2018 oughta be is what I am calling "rotten eggs."  It's just wishful on your part.  Sorry, but it is bro.

I love or like a lot the pursuits of this game so I know we are people of a common interest.  But I being the longtime player I am and speaking to an experienced player as you are, you should realize by now that this game does NOT reward or award gamerss equally. Except in the Achievements area, where the standards are cut and dried, you will have an entirely different experience than I or anybody else playing this game.  The differences between these experiences constitutes an advantage in my mind.  I see this as an advantage that the really good teams probably enjoyed in 2017.  My teams included.  
    Well said Paidoff. I am one for change by all means. If it makes the game more enjoyable and levels the playing field. I am all for it. My frustration lies with how you, me and all the other gamers at times are treated like pieces of dirt. There are so many cases where you are literally given the finger from customer service and they send you on your way. These are people that are at time paying these peoples salaries. Is it unjust that they be treated fairly, i think not. How many times do we all receive the exact same copy and pasted response from CS about our tickets or issues that don't even address our concerns. A simply copy and pasted prepared statement to send out to users. People are not stupid, if it happens once or twice sure no big deal. But this is an on-going occurrence. I never had any issues with CS in 16 or 17. I was always treated fairly and in a timely manner, that said I understand this is the launch of the new game and they are probably dealing with above normal requests but certain changes to the game should be made aware to its users.

Our club busted our butts all week cracking the top 100 every day. For some of you guys and your clubs it may seem easy for others its not. Yet we later find out the ranking systems changed to top 25 only. Is it wrong to ask why? or provide an explanation as per the reason? I think so. Especially when members are spending money and gold on achieving gold or completing events to progress themselves and the club. So my that is why my grapes are sour from this perspective...are we going to change the structure. Ok but some notice would be nice so people wont be using up all there gold in events to gain better rankings. I dont think that is asking to much. If it is, I apologize to all and to GLU.
    – The Great Houmy
    edited April 2018
    But does it serve Glu and your fellow gamers for you to carry this grudge with you, and spew the contents of it all over the Community Forum whenever possible, as you seem to do?  Your apology is noted.  And it's great to see you can find fault in your outrage.  But, I think even the kindest and most patient people have the tendency to tune out when they're being berated.   Especially if it's about money, bro.  Customer Care givers?  C'mon.  

If you say so Paidoff. Best of luck to you and your team.
    – The Great Houmy