Duplicate Draft Picks - Multiple Times

SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
I'm enjoying tsb18 quite a bit and like many of the new features. There are a few things that need improving but my biggest peeve today is the relentless duplicate player selections when buying Draft Picks and Mystery Boxes. Since the opening weekend, and each weekend since, I have chosen the Special Mystery Boxes  to spend my gold only to receive the same player 3 times in a row! First time was Brad Zimmer (with a day in between the 2nd and 3rd time). Second weekend was Ian Desmond (I stopped buying after the 2nd repeat fearing it would also be 3 times in a row). This weekend it was Brian Goodwin (again i stopped after the 2nd repeat).  That's a lot of gold spent to get just 1 player! Not to mention the 20-30 times getting the same players over and over again with 2nd & 1st Rounders and #1s (which of course i picked up even more zimmers and desmonds lol). Anything to be done about it?
It's all done with mirrors

Comments

• Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    I would recommend glu eliminating or crossing off the players you get in a box for the weekend events. Players only would be reasonable because I was really upset last year getting Jackie Bradley jr 4 times one weekend and I think I got him a few times other weekends. They can leave the draft pick or xp options on repeat but players should just be once. 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    It's a random generator so it's not like GLU is making you get the same player multiple times. I can understand it can be frustrating though and feel for you. Bad luck I guess?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Yea bad luck of the draw
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    I get that it's a random generator but I suspect that the pool of players being pulled from must be very small to get the same result repeatedly... in fact it must be, given the number of times the same thing has happned to me and others. I would assume the easiest fix would be to increase the pool of players being pulled from or as Bizmoney has suggested, eliminate the player from the next attempt (a more complex fix). As for me I think I will restrict myself to a single purchase.... at least then all that can happen Is a duplicate of a current roster player.
    It's all done with mirrors
  • ClericTavenClericTaven Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    edited April 2018
    “Occasional” duplicates given any bubble-gum pack of baseball cards is based on their Rarity.
    Most CCG players understand this frustration which is why I consider TSB more equivalent to a Fantasy league. Very amusing when my opponent’s team has not only the same starting pitcher, but more than 50% of my Favorites starting players. It is nice that a duplicate is not wasted, but applied to their evolution improvement. Programming wise, after x# of duplicating cards from Draft, artificially raise Brian or Ian’s * rarity rating so chances become more difficult than purely random chance pick.
    (in a few cases, would have rather had the duplicate player instead of another Trade-in minor leaguer).
    ~ Andrew
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
    TSB19 - SF bay Area
  • goatbuster108goatbuster108 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    edited April 2018
    I did notice that when you are buying event boxes for the prime event it does keep track of what players you already have.  How do I know?  When you look at the award chances you will see the players/prizes listed from highest to lowest and you will see them automatically load what level the players are currently.   (Example: if you got a player you would start on bronze 1, get him a second time you get extra XP and it ranks to bronze 2, and so forth).  When you go back in to look at the win option again you will see it’s tracking who you already have.  I would assume the only reason It pulls duplicate players is for leveling an already owned player.  In most events it helps saves in XP but it will cost you in gold with these particular boxes. 😁🤷‍♂️
    If it's tracking who we have then there must be something that can be done to atleast remove the chance at a duplicate if A. They are maxed out by us already B. Have pulled them twice. Shouldn't be able to get them 3rd time
  • sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    Last week I got potw Verlander and maxed him out and pulled him again after he was capped. Its frustrating for sure. Xp was good but take him out the mix If he is maxed. 
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • rit7777rit7777 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Randomly generated my rearend I have perchased many 2nd and first round picks only to get maybe 1in a 100 low star player from teams with bonuses. When that team is no longer bonus team I suddenly have no problem getting a few more u can’t tell me that they don’t want you to buy more expensive box to get any of the bonus players common or special. They should eliminate anything under 41/2 star players. I’d rather get exp that’s right 500exp is a really good get for gold level 31/2star players but not Mostar least I’d have more exp if I got something good.
    Duplicate verlander have different stats the only difference was as potw one of them was Superman for week still got better regular stats that the one I miraculously got in regular draft unless one is prime or legend they should be same I wonder how deferent these stats very player to player
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yea they are releasiing to many different versions of players in my opinion. I think Lindor has must at-least 3-4 different versions of himself already. Same with Schrewer, in one week they had 3 different versions of him. The POW then on weekend event as well.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy

Last week I got potw Verlander and maxed him out and pulled him again after he was capped. Its frustrating for sure. Xp was good but take him out the mix If he is maxed. 

I think glu should give player all requirements to evo when pulling a duplicate if player can reach next difficult plateau why does he not for instance get the 100 gold and 10 evo badges if your team is strong enough to allow player to do so only when he is stuck maxed for time being should you receive just exp.
    it would be better to get same dup of rare player in bronze to go with the same player a lot higher. Is glu to cheap to reward us with either a great evo up dup pick or at least let us get the good player. They could at least give free pick with exp chances are rare to get 5 star players how could they even consider this fair. I maxed my kluber out decided that stausberg was worth a shot spent 11k in gold got another kluber who I just maxed. Not even the total exp to max kluber would be fair another bronze lvl 1 kluber would have been great if I hadn’t already known only exp would be what I would receive I probably would have stoped one short and if I pulled dup got proper items to evo him. 2evo tokens and 40 gold ooo that would be to much for glu to give for a 350 gold purchase or a 11k purchase 2k exp is what seems fair to them .
    rit7777 said:

I think glu should give player all requirements to evo when pulling a duplicate if player can reach next difficult plateau why does he not for instance get the 100 gold and 10 evo badges if your team is strong enough to allow player to do so only when he is stuck maxed for time being should you receive just exp.
    it would be better to get same dup of rare player in bronze to go with the same player a lot higher. Is glu to cheap to reward us with either a great evo up dup pick or at least let us get the good player. They could at least give free pick with exp chances are rare to get 5 star players how could they even consider this fair. I maxed my kluber out decided that stausberg was worth a shot spent 11k in gold got another kluber who I just maxed. Not even the total exp to max kluber would be fair another bronze lvl 1 kluber would have been great if I hadn’t already known only exp would be what I would receive I probably would have stoped one short and if I pulled dup got proper items to evo him. 2evo tokens and 40 gold ooo that would be to much for glu to give for a 350 gold purchase or a 11k purchase 2k exp is what seems fair to them .

Someone get glu some metamusal and fiber muffin it’s not healthy being that tight or backed up

Remember always imaginary gold cost them so much to mine for or invest in to do things that could make things a little bit more worth our real time we have left and our earned cash. I love playing with my group of guys on my club but glu being so tight with imaginary gold purse strings in all situations when cause us to start playing less we have enough cash to spend in spite of the crazy odds to get one really good player to these not even close swaps in all situations
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yeap they are getting worse when it comes to that regard. I love playing everyday and competing in our events but it really does seem there lack of care towards its users becoming more apparent. Not just with lack of responses to users inquiries but the changes they are making that is hindering the game. I am all for changes that will better and improve the game but it seems that they only choose to cater to those high spending player and clubs and you can see that because every event you always see the same clubs atop the rankings. So they only reward the richer, makes it that much harder for the rest of the clubs and players to compete.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy