Leveling up!!

Bosox81Bosox81 Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
Ok so I was gold level and made the mistake by leveling up to platinum, I didnt realize I was one step away from platinum before I played the playoffs, or I would if stayed gold as I was doing quite well. Now I'm in platinum and my team isn't near good enough to cycle slugfest anymore or walk off. So to those who are playing and like doing well, do not make the mistake in leveling up to quick or you will find yourself losing more than winning. Too late for me hahaha just have to be patient and the and build my team more and buy more gold!! 

Comments

• LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    Good advice, especially for newcomers to the game. With all draft picks starting with bronze, you need to be really strategic about when you advance to a higher rank. Hopefully others will be able to learn from your mistake.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • caddie2323caddie2323 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Well I am diamond now and can predict my performances for the week like clockwork.  2nd to last guy in walk off, gave up on slugfest since can’t realistically afford to level sluggers and players, and max our bonus points in bonus game day.  Try for bonus players on weekends, but I’d not I grind bonus games to level up in platinum to get gold.  Score well but a big zero on weds.  Not too bad but since I’m no vip and probably won’t be I got to play for gold. 
    Just prioritized gold available over slugfest and walk off cycling.  
  • nadeezynadeezy Registered Users, Member 77 Posts
    I noticed the same thing when I moved up to gold. Walk off hero and slugfest got harder but I still do very well on Tuesdays Thursdays and the weekends. The rewards are crazy good though for leveling up so I'm not to upset about it lol
  • Bosox81Bosox81 Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    I was doing terrific on gold and just didnt pay attention to where I was level wise and boom leveled up..do well except slugfest is extremely harder..I mean i cant even auto play or i lose..my sluggers are good highest is 200 but still hard 
    Levelling up for 7500 gold in diamond is huge!!! 
  • Yankees917182Yankees917182 Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    edited July 2018
    I almost made the same mistake. I moved up to Silver too soon but before I went to Gold someone told me not to. I am so thankful someone did or I would have been screwed.
    Yankees917182/Diamond1/86k Strength
    "Leadership is more about what you do, not what you say." - Derek Jeter
    Yeah I am not sure what I’ll do next version but gold is nice.  Since it’s all about bonus players and I don’t pay much kinda had to.  But at the cost of cycling.  Luckily my club does well so doesn’t matter too much.
  • Rick_Rock_RizzleRick_Rock_Rizzle Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    I'm not exactly sure how one levels up. Is it from the bonus game playoffs ? Or the regular season playoffs?

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @Rick_Rock_Rizzle regular season games do not count towards that. Just bonus games and random "Match me" games count. Once you play enough of those you get to the playoffs for the tier you are on and once you win the playoffs you move to the next tier (gold 1==>gold 2, gold 6==>Platinum 1 etc..). Also note that I said "Random" match me games so if you search for a player by name then it would not count.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022