WoH Royale for 12-5-18: Still Speculating....

13Next

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Interesting development in WOH for me. I have Mickey, with late innings skill at 16 and his LHP skill at 12. But he ended Monday on an 0-20 streak, and started yesterday 0-5 against Ohtani. I finally pulled the plug and used Mickey for Vida (never lost to him) and Mauer (my 10th best hitter) for Ohtani because at least he had two active skills. For the rest of the day, Mauer crushed Ohtani, he went like 6-8 or so.  

Pulled everyone but Kluber, so a good day. Seems to me the key is two active skills. 
  • chainblueltngchainblueltng Registered Users, Member 188 Posts
    bigpredfan hopefully I'll get there soon. I just want the satisfaction of beating it. they could give me a max 97 guy and I wouldn't care. haha
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Damn big pred, that’s one heck of an accomplishment! Congratulations 
    Appreciate it. Was close Monday, but Ohtani was at diamond 6. At diamond 4 it was a breeze the first time through 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Ended up getting all 5 guys but definitely more a of grind today.  Ottavino and Sale were harder then previous days 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Interesting development in WOH for me. I have Mickey, with late innings skill at 16 and his LHP skill at 12. But he ended Monday on an 0-20 streak, and started yesterday 0-5 against Ohtani. I finally pulled the plug and used Mickey for Vida (never lost to him) and Mauer (my 10th best hitter) for Ohtani because at least he had two active skills. For the rest of the day, Mauer crushed Ohtani, he went like 6-8 or so.  

Pulled everyone but Kluber, so a good day. Seems to me the key is two active skills. 
    Just curious but is your Mickey maxed out and if so what level are you at?  Just seems strange because I was about 50/50 on Ohtani using Mickey.  I do buy the 80 gold boost so maybe that's the difference?  That's one thing I don't mind spending on, the way I see it, if it makes the difference between cycling say 6 times instead of 4 it's well worth the 800 or so gold spent that day just for the 4 extra premium XP boxes.
  • nym5fannym5fan Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I used Mickey too and have both his skills at 16%, but didn't use any gold boost or video boost. I feel like anytime I boost I get more curves and unhittable pitches. 
    From Wentz he came, he shall be returned!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats Imo, there's no better way to spend gold than on Royale WoH. The rewards are just crazy good! I used to never spend gold on WoH, but every Weds, I now spend between 2-3k and it's well worth it. The chase players are usually awesome and the resources on it's own are ridiculously good.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    If I boost, it's usually only 20 but for ohtani I used 40... 80 rarely helps and I believe makes things worse. So as much as I have been grinding the last little while, my usual gold spend is under 500...including 1 gold restart which I allow myself in 5.10 once in awhile...if I'm feeling lucky lol
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Wicked0Wildcats Imo, there's no better way to spend gold than on Royale WoH. The rewards are just crazy good! I used to never spend gold on WoH, but every Weds, I now spend between 2-3k and it's well worth it. The chase players are usually awesome and the resources on it's own are ridiculously good.
    I don't blame ya,  although I'll add here that although I have no problem spending for boosts, I never spend gold to continue anymore,  it's just too expensive.  The closest I've ever come to quitting this game are days in which I've spent 5K-9K gold continuing and ended up with nothing to show for it.  At some point you're like an obsessive gambler on a slot machine and just can't stop because you're in too deep already.

Since I stopped using gold to continue, WOH has been much less stressful for me and I no longer end the day desperately restraining myself from smashing my phone and winding up with a bigger problem.
  • STYLNDEZZSTYLNDEZZ Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    How do I contact glu about a problem?
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Metsicans said:

Just curious but is your Mickey maxed out and if so what level are you at?  Just seems strange because I was about 50/50 on Ohtani using Mickey.  I do buy the 80 gold boost so maybe that's the difference?  That's one thing I don't mind spending on, the way I see it, if it makes the difference between cycling say 6 times instead of 4 it's well worth the 800 or so gold spent that day just for the 4 extra premium XP boxes.

My Mickey is capped at gold, pennants capped, skills at 16 (late innings) and 12 (rhp). No earthly reason why he struggled so much. I won two skill Teddy last night though, so he’s probably my new 5.10 guy as long as Ohtani is there.