Why you shouldn't chase Fan Rewards

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
This will probably be an unpopular opinion, and I'm one that used to hoard every bit of gold I could until I had 30K to spend.  I don't believe this is the way to go anymore, for various reasons:

1)  You waste a ton of gold on things you wouldn't normally do.  You'll likely blow through thousands on weekend boxes, legend boxes, etc, just for the sake of hitting 30K.

2)  The players aren't generally worth it.  A 20K tier 445 max guy just isn't that valuable anymore.  The 480 max 2 skill legend is nice,  but how many of those guys could you probably get if you spent the same gold on two WOH events? 

3)  After the weekend, you'll likely be short on gold for Monday, Wednesday,  and weekday CvsC events when you really need them.

4)  On your way to saving all that gold,  you'll withhold from spending it in many situations where you could have really used it.

I feel the best way to go is to try to maintain a consistent gold balance of several thousand, build it back up, and feel free to spend all the time on CvsC to put you over the edge on getting MVP/high round rewards,  WOH boosts, and other things that come around where you need gold immediately.

Comments

• BradHedgerBradHedger Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    This will probably be an unpopular opinion, and I'm one that used to hoard every bit of gold I could until I had 30K to spend.  I don't believe this is the way to go anymore, for various reasons:

1)  You waste a ton of gold on things you wouldn't normally do.  You'll likely blow through thousands on weekend boxes, legend boxes, etc, just for the sake of hitting 30K.

2)  The players aren't generally worth it.  A 20K tier 445 max guy just isn't that valuable anymore.  The 480 max 2 skill legend is nice,  but how many of those guys could you probably get if you spent the same gold on two WOH events? 

3)  After the weekend, you'll likely be short on gold for Monday, Wednesday,  and weekday CvsC events when you really need them.

4)  On your way to saving all that gold,  you'll withhold from spending it in many situations where you could have really used it.

I feel the best way to go is to try to maintain a consistent gold balance of several thousand, build it back up, and feel free to spend all the time on CvsC to put you over the edge on getting MVP/high round rewards,  WOH boosts, and other things that come around where you need gold immediately.
    I think a great option to add to this great game would be having the ability to choose if your gold spent goes to fan rewards or investments in addition to your comments about difficulty in optaining and strategy in where and when to spend efficiently. Can’t even imagine how much gold I spent during fan rewards that I would have preferred it went to my investment (stadium that’s gives me gold back, best investment by far and pay off gaurenteed, unlike costly and poor odds of obtaining anything useful over th long haul with consistent new bonus players and nothing reused) instead of a few small rewards that aren’t substantial enough to make really any difference to then my ability to upgrade my team. Also the frequency of fan rewards changed, Monday’s now a fan rewards event (correct me f I’m mistaken) point being out of 7 days; 4 days are fan rewards... add that up?!