Will you play 2018 until 2019 becomes available?

BradHedgerBradHedger Registered Users, Member 63 Posts

Will you play 2018 until 2019 becomes available? 60 votes

Yes
55% 33 votes
No
5% 3 votes
Won’t play 2019 because of 2018 experience
16% 10 votes
Have to play 2019 because of 2018 experience
5% 3 votes
Will continue to play 2018 in 2019
18% 11 votes

Comments

• GSonpointGSonpoint Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    certainly the money spent, and issues unresolved all the way at the end of 2018 does not warrant a desire to start over.  If the issues, and inconsiderate programming haven't been resolved in 2018, why would it be expected that anything would be better in 2019.  Most games reward you for building your team/character, this one handicaps you to create a need to spend money, and that only restarts the cycle.  I will have to hear some really great things before I abandon what I have built for 2018 to start over.  And if that takes too long, I will not even attempt it. 
  • BradHedgerBradHedger Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    @GSonpoint, I appreciate your perspective. I also want to continue to cultivate what I have built in the 2018 game, how nice would it be if the 2018 team could be moved to the 2019 game. I will likely play 2019 but differently and not as hungerly now knowing the above mentioned programming issues, sway to spend and impossibly to compete against heavy spenders. 
    yes, If I do end up playing, it will be a very educated approach as compared to what I did with 2018.  However, I would like to see the issues in 2018 corrected, so that I feel better about the possibility of the frustrations not following me into 2019.  I think I could have one of the strongest teams in the game in 2019, but losing everything I have worked for, and paid for, does not appeal at all.  @AllHailTheGreatTanush
    Exactly, love so much about this game, although frustration with the glitches are also componunded by dismissive customer support and lack of or void of compensation for know issues makes it hard to stay consistently on board.
    Its all about my club.  We aren't #1 in the standings, but we work together to get better every week.  Great group of active teams that has fun with the game.  Yes, we have setbacks with the glitches, but we seem to get through the events with ever-growing success and they make the game fun.  I would've quit a long time ago without them.
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I enjoy the process of rebuilding every year. By the time 2019 rolls around, there is little tinkering left to do on the 2018 team. To me, play peaks around World Series time. Up until GLU made the bonus tiers ridiculously hard to achieve, I was liking 2018 a lot. The tier change along with needing super bonus players to achieve them has made the game a lot less fun for non-spenders. The most fun I have had playing recently was the double gold video weekend. Glu should realize that people will spend and a play a lot more when prices are reasonable. 
    @scottpdann, totally agree, that was a fun time in the game, difficulty setting, silly high tiers and sponge ball effect all contribute to dislike. Building up is one of the best parts along with as @GSonpoint said creating a good fun club and the banter that goes with. Agree drop the prices and result will be more volume.
  • SCPENETRATORSCPENETRATOR Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    I’ve spent way to much money to abandon my team. I don’t see any reason why we can’t roll our team into the 2019 version. People that play a lot and spend money won’t stop but starting completely over isn’t appealing to me especially with the amount of money it’s cost me to get this far. 
    @SCPENETRATOR I hear ya, ihavnt spent enough to be vip but I couldn’t agree more it would be very appealing! 
  • FirehombreFirehombre Registered Users 120 Posts
       I’m a VIP player and don’t mind spending money because I know this is a business, but on the other hand, I don’t like to feel like I’m being shaken down either. I would like to be able to purchase mystery boxes with the idea that I have good odds to get something or someone great. I’m sorry but 10 chances out of 1000 for a legend or prime is terrible odds and I won’t risk gold for odds like that. GLU is making tons of money and doesn’t need to rob us like this. Plus you need to realize that if you lower prices, you get more purchases and could very well make more money in the long run.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    If i can play without spending a dime I may try. But abandoning the 17 game and the fact they will abandon us on the 18 game, nope not one dime. Customer Service is a freaking joke, but to cheerfully take our money in every imaginable way possible and then say HA HA, you gotta start over and spend more money because we’re not supporting the products you’ve just spent a lot of money on, no way. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me! Ain’t gonna be a 3rd time
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    @tshea510, agree I don’t like the none support after spending on it, and yes customer service hasn’t done much for me regarding obvious and clearly depicted issues, latest being the Rxp Manny 490 I bought, was advertised as a SS but once on team he’s listed as a 3B.. did nothing for me to correct the falsely advertised misrepresented player, not even an apology or any remorse. that pisses me off large! will admit I did get another iPhone because apple only supports their products for 4-5 years, would be nice to see this game at least do that and support for several years after seasons end. 
  • BRAVES7972BRAVES7972 Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    Love the game.. just hope rumors are true that we may b able to retain current team and carry it over to 19
    Love the game.. just hope rumors are true that we may b able to retain current team and carry it over to 19
    Oh wow hadn’t heard that, wouldn’t that be amazing!
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Full on junkie here....still plays ‘17 from time to time if that answers all the questions.....