Strategy discussion for the first week of Tap 19!

midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
Are you putting your resources into your keepers, created player, slugfest, or your other players? 

Are you trying to move from Bronze to Silver? 

Are you trying to put your blue cash into skills, upgrades, or low level draft picks? 

Are you putting any resources into your pitching ace?

What are you spending your gold on?

Feel free to add more questions to the discussion...

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    just do your best to gather resources.  Watch videos, manual play woh and slugfest.

Cap your upgrades first.   Try to refrain upgrading hitters with under 70 hitting at B1 and pitchers with under 70 stuff.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited March 2019
    @midgetmullet If you plan to cycle slugfest I would buy at least 10 #1 draft picks and make sure my top 6 sluggers are 4* or better with the top 4 being 4.5* or better. I could not get past 2.2 today with the sluggers I had and could then cycle easily, although time consuming, with the 10 or so picks that I bought. Took me a long time as I can't auto play the earlier levels just yet due to cash shortage and sluggers not winning every auto play round but it will eventually get there.

Slugfest is very important in the beginning as far as getting resources and specially so once they release Prime players and start giving out PXP. Personally I plan to ignore WOH during the Royale as I don't have the batters for it anyway and just do slugfest on those days. You can always do WOH on Mondays. 

I would also stay Bronze until I have enough EVO/BXP/Cash to move a large of my team to silver and especially so your sluggers

Don't max your keepers yet as you need the XP elsewhere but I would max my custom legend in Bronze & Silver tiers as he would help a lot in both WOH & Slugfest

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Just to add what @Houmy said, which is sound advice to live by in this game, I think the stadium is a good investment going forward. You are always going to spend gold so might as well make that work for you.
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    @dustyhunks Dumb question but where are the items you can buy such as stadiums located?  I saw different items were on sale for a short period of time yesterday, is there a tab?
    I got it, so is the strategy when you have the stadium to only spend gold while there is no "fan reward event"?  
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I got it, so is the strategy when you have the stadium to only spend gold while there is no "fan reward event"?  
    Ideally yes.  I wish I could turn off the fan reward event.  
    I am on Level 5 on Slugfest.  I probably won't be able to beat it without some help, but if I add a few buster sluggers, I probably can.  I'm debating if it's worth it or not.  It would be a nice leg up on Slugfest to add a guaranteed 4.5 star slugger off the bat.  I have about 2,000 gold and don't want to get behind the curve on Slugfest.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats -just incase u didnt know -  I wouldn't go for the event busters box - they will only be there for the rest of today and then gone. The other draft picks will stay in your roster and better long term value - especially if u get a few good ones
    Thanks Benny.  Yeah I'm familiar with how the Busters work but I do appreciate it anyway.  It's true they're a temporary fix but they are usually quite a bit better than most of your pulls from the permanent picks.  I used them quite often in 2017.  It's a price to pay but I found it to be usually worth it if it was difference maker.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Thanks Benny.  Yeah I'm familiar with how the Busters work but I do appreciate it anyway.  It's true they're a temporary fix but they are usually quite a bit better than most of your pulls from the permanent picks.  I used them quite often in 2017.  It's a price to pay but I found it to be usually worth it if it was difference maker.
    Np - I did it last year not knowing how it worked! 
  • RichNorwoodRichNorwood Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    3 cycles today with this slugger lineup so it can be done without spending gold if you grind home run battles and other means of accumulating cash to spend on slugger 2nd round draft picks
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    Are you putting your resources into your keepers, created player, slugfest, or your other players? 

Are you trying to move from Bronze to Silver? 

Are you trying to put your blue cash into skills, upgrades, or low level draft picks? 

Are you putting any resources into your pitching ace?

What are you spending your gold on?

Feel free to add more questions to the discussion...
    I am not putting XP or cash into anyone below a 4.5 star. It's a total waste. I am not rushing to jump to Silver until I have purchased all the upgrades and stockpiled resources. I am spending blue cash on Slugfest draft picks just to have something other than 1 stars.

I maxed my Keeper Ace to Bronze 10 immediately and used him in the Bronze playoffs to jump through the Bronze levels fast. I just have to win a one game playoff to level to Silver, which I will sit on for the time being.

I maxed my Keeper Batters to Bronze 10 also, as well as a few 5 star players I got from the VIP rewards. I am close to maxing My Pro as well. The My Pro is probably a higher priority as he can play in Slugfest as well and is my best slugger by far.

I have about 2k gold from VIP gifts and achievements and I am stockpiling that too. The upgrades to Silver and Gold tiers will cost gold so I don't see a point in gambling on boxes with tiny odds of actually useful players.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • jpuck6190jpuck6190 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    How in the bleep are you guys getting past the monster in right field. Im smoking no doubt homers and it just bounces off the wall everytime.
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    jpuck6190 said:
    How in the bleep are you guys getting past the monster in right field. Im smoking no doubt homers and it just bounces off the wall everytime.
    Same here! Naturally my best sluggers are lefties and my switch hitting legend bats left in slugfest.
  • marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    I have some evo, I am in bronze, but I can’t see how much evo I have I’m concerned
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    marcoslo said:
    I have some evo, I am in bronze, but I can’t see how much evo I have I’m concerned
    It won’t show until you go to silver
    It's all done with mirrors
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Houmy said
    Personally I plan to ignore WOH during the Royale as I don't have the batters for it anyway and just do slugfest on those days. You can always do WOH on Mondays. 

My tiny brain is confused. What is the difference between Mondays & the Royale on Wednesday? BTW, you always post great stuff, much appreciated!

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    In the ‘18 game, gold disappeared from both Stadium AND Fan Rewards after leveling up,a player. No clue if they have fixed this in the ‘19 game but SCREENSHOT EVERYTHING just in case
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • tsbquestionstsbquestions Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Does anyone know if completing a reward offer that you already completed on '18 will reward again?  And what is best possible position for my legend? I regretted outfielder in '18 because I ended up with way better outfielders than my legend fairly quickly.

• phrasephrase Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Does anyone know if completing a reward offer that you already completed on '18 will reward again?  And what is best possible position for my legend? I regretted outfielder in '18 because I ended up with way better outfielders than my legend fairly quickly.

Not exactly sure. I completed two offers today that I did for '18, no gold received. Going to wait a day and see what happens.

EDIT: I was awarded the gold. I just had to wait a day. 
    3 cycles today with this slugger lineup so it can be done without spending gold if you grind home run battles and other means of accumulating cash to spend on slugger 2nd round draft picks
    This really helped me and I played home run battles to 
    Does anyone have an idea about how many 4.5 and 5 star sluggers are available?  I keep seeing the exact same ones in posts and in battle. Wondering if there are only a few and not worth buying more Slugger draft picks.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Does anyone have an idea about how many 4.5 and 5 star sluggers are available?  I keep seeing the exact same ones in posts and in battle. Wondering if there are only a few and not worth buying more Slugger draft picks.
    If you click on the draft picks you'll see samples of them and there seems to be plenty of them and I have gone up against a few of them myself but not many. At 2.5% & 7.5% odds though they'll be hard to pull. Speaking of which I think we had a match yesterday.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @Houmy thx for the tips on derby. If I dont cycle next week its your fault, and you owe me some gold for my troubles.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Agree that derby is optimal to accumulate resources.  Banging your head in WOH to win a regular 5 star doesnt really make sense yet.  Once WOH starts offering guys will a skill as a prize then ill shift my attention there