BAD MATCHUPS

newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
there is definitely an issue with the way matchups are created for games.  
  First of all I’ll go with the outranking teams. By that I don’t mean 50 k strength vs my 40k but more the actual level of the team.   If I’m 40 k silver team then my matchups should be against other silver teams. Then if they overpower me, so be it!!!   I’ll take that loss.  Never should we have to play gold teams or higher.   
   So I suggest just fix the tool to match within class ( level).  Seems simple, and will work more realistically to us players.  This way a stacked team will dominate in their class AS HE/SHE SHOULD and the mediocre teams like most of us will still see a mix of lower and higher teams.  The fact that a person could spend 1,000s of dollars into an elite team of gold level for example and have to lose to a platinum team with a strength higher then we can reach and also our best ace available will cap lower then thier 4 star pitchers.  This is just a form of robbery.  

Next issue is the repeated matches with SAME person. Some times its 3-4 in a row.  I don’t know how their programming works but with 1,000 s of teams in the game , this shouldn’t be happening!!!

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Matchups are based on total wins and is independent of tiers. You probably already knew that, but I like the concept because it serves as a deterrent to parking at a tier indefinitely without any drawbacks.
    As stated, matchups are determined by total wins. I'm not saying it applies to you, but if a person has blocked too many people in their same matchup criteria, then they will sometimes face the same opponents repeatedly. Beyond that, I'd agree that some variety is to be expected.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    @DFBB I have not blocked anyone in 19 and my win/lose is 1600/600.  Which isn’t bad , but most wins have been in prime games over a month of playing.  I have not played hard with bonus games as I get those bad matches way to often.   
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @newfy Sorry, I'm a dummy. For some reason, I was thinking this was '18. Regardless, I can only assume that not many are in your 'wins' criteria. I'm sure in time, you'll have plenty of company.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Matchups are based on total wins and is independent of tiers. You probably already knew that, but I like the concept because it serves as a deterrent to parking at a tier indefinitely without any drawbacks.
    As stated, matchups are determined by total wins. I'm not saying it applies to you, but if a person has blocked too many people in their same matchup criteria, then they will sometimes face the same opponents repeatedly. Beyond that, I'd agree that some variety is to be expected.
    My bonus game matchups in 18 were based on team strength. I would have to strip the roster down to bare bones and populate with b1s to get a decent matchup for my gold team. Without that, would always have to face high ranked plat pitchers and was lucky to score more than a few runs while the plat hitters teed off on my gold pitchers.