Season Mode Difficulty Increased Already!

dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
Ok GLU overloads, its a little ridiculous to be doing this so early on in the game. I was playing my finals against a team that was 11k lower then me and somehow his 4s pitcher (mcmuller jr) was rated 139 at s10, I have the same player on my bench and he is nowhere near that potential. He is rated 109 at s10. The pitcher I faced is almost the same as my 330max Degrom in terms on overall rating. I got smoked both games, with a 80g boost and manual played. I would score 5 runs in one inning and they scored 6 the next, this continued for both games played. You cant increase the season mode so early on in the game and want people to level up in the game. Pennants are big part of they game and when you increase the difficulty to encourage teams to level up its a sham and its time wasted playing the entire season to get shafted in the quarter, semi or finals. I have barely played 1200g in silver and didn't even stand a chance at winning my finals.
"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
– The Great Houmy
Prev1345

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm getting crushed in regular season mode games. Ugh. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited March 2019
    I’m doing quite well in season mode (22-2) and the pitchers I’m facing are rated like 80-100 in silver for average guys and I think around 130 for studs like Verlander etcetera , so that is really weird!!
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I faced a 4s McMullers Jr that was rated in the 130s.. @JEDDDOGGY that's not correct. I have the same player on my bench. He is 20-27 pts lower. I started another season and lost the first 8 games, which shouldn't happen. My team is pretty decent in silver already.
    – The Great Houmy
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I’m saying I am not experiencing this. The season mode is easy for me. Unsure why it’s different for you guys. Pitchers are not rated that high for me. I’m not saying it isn’t different for whatever reason. Maybe it changes after you are at silver for X amount of time idk.
    I think you right man, I've been playing for a few weeks now and was on my 3rd season. Maybe just bad luck on my part, I remember this sort of thing happening to diamond players in 18, where they would face a 2.5s with a crazy rating. 
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    I think you right man, I've been playing for a few weeks now and was on my 3rd season. Maybe just bad luck on my part, I remember this sort of thing happening to diamond players in 18, where they would face a 2.5s with a crazy rating. 

I'm still on my first season. And losing a ton.  :'(
    Bronze is tuff, I barley won my first season in bronze. I boosted the 80g for the quarters, semi and finals.
    – The Great Houmy
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I can’t be upset with my first season so far in 2019. Going ok 

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited March 2019
    On first season still and team is B5 (22-7). As soon as I played 20 games (18-2 then, 4-5 since) I got swept by a 7-13 Cubs team though I was 5K higher in team strength.

Sidenote/tangent/rant...I'm also seeing something strange playing clubmates head to head, at least with one. My team strength the first game we played was slightly higher than his, though he was at S1 (me B3) at least. I won 7-0. Next rematch my team strength dropped 10K at the start and then another 1K after first inning. He said he boosted at beginning of game (I see no way as the one to be challenged to use ice pack or boost team at all) but his team strength did not change since the first time we played. My number 2 starter though not better than ace is not so bad (4 star 188 max) that it would drop my team by 10K. What's going on here?
    did u play the astros?
    – The Great Houmy
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    My first season during beta I did really well, similar to @CanadaCubs, and had the same result, smoked out in the first round. Now, I’m struggling to stay above .500 AND I’m losing a LOT of prime games, despite my roster being almost completely 5* with a few 4.5* guys.
    It's all done with mirrors
    After speaking with a few people, it seem they jacked up the Astros. Everyone person that has lost their quarters, semi or finals has been against this team. They boosted the hell out of their stats.
    – The Great Houmy
    exact same to everyone I spoke too,  they made them stupid strong. I would score 6 runs and they score 7, and it happened all game long. Total  sham if you play them, you wont win unless you get very lucky.
    – The Great Houmy
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Everyone needs to send tickets about the season and prime matchups being to high
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    Have won 85% of my season games so far in Bronze, 68-12 after first 80. Playoffs I do expect to be more challenging though. Hoping to find a way somehow to get through...
  • UNLVREBELUNLVREBEL Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Hey all, long time lurker first time poster. As my team has become stronger season mode has become more difficult. Currently B6, 30k strength, just played Colorado, every game they were rated higher, I lost 3 and during the game they upgraded skills to 25. With my luck I’ll face a 40k Astros team...
    edited April 2019
    The thing I don't get is my team upgrades are all 11/20 but the games that are close, I lose or am able to come back in my team has 3+ errors. I just played a game with bonus Tanaka from this weekend (30-0, 0.50 ERA/0.25 WHIP) against Taillon and Pirates, my team at 4K+ greater strength and had to come back to win 8-6, only gave up 1 earned run (some SR) and committed 4 errors? What?
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    did u play the astros?
    I got smoked by the Astros too in the finals after breezing through the rest.  My ace did not fair well in both games.  I'm going to try to level up the skills of my ace before the playoffs for the next season.
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    did u play the astros?
    I got smoked by the Astros too in the finals after breezing through the rest.  My ace did not fair well in both games.  I'm going to try to level up the skills of my ace before the playoffs for the next season.
    I beat Cle in the first round, then Hou in the semis. I ice wrapped Gibson for every game and manually batted in the bot of the 8th so I could use an energy drink on him. I also used a prime franchise coin(Trout) and video boosted as well. Thanks to @dkarski87's tip, I will wait till my 15% live boost tomorrow before playing my finals. 
    Well, patience and I decided to part ways this morning....but it worked out. Barely, but whatever. 😁

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    As our teams round into shape season mode should be a little easier, currently 62-18 in my season though only 20-12 since going silver.  Hopefully will be able to level Doc up in time for playoff series.
    @DFBB Have you bothered at all with skill upgrades on keepers, even just a single cash dump? Just curious.
    edited April 2019
    @dustyhunks I'm now 5/2 on JT and 4/2 on Ichiro. My created legend's skills are now at level 8.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @dustyhunks I'm now 5/2 on JT and 4/2 on Ichiro. My created legend's skills are now at level 8.
    Autoplay for the playoffs?
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:
    Yes. Well, mostly. I manual the bottom of the 8th so I can give Gibson an energy drink. lol
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:
    Yes. Well, mostly. I manual the bottom of the 8th so I can give Gibson an energy drink. lol
    Thanks. Usually beginning of season can be tricky for me, but yeah, that’s what I needed to hear 😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • JahCoozieJahCoozie Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Top is current season in 18’ w/ a Diamond team at 140k team strength (jumped way too fast) The bottom is 19’ with a 32k team strength.  I’ll take it!!  Lesson learned.  While I did have a bit of a rocky start, it seems to be coming together ok..  I guess I’ll see come the playoffs!  Tap on gents.  
  • JahCoozieJahCoozie Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    And ladies*
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Got totally smoked in my first playoff. What a waste of FN time!
    THANKS GLU