Season Mode Difficulty Increased Already!

Comments

• SEANTONNSEANTONN Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    All good advice.  I tend to use a franchise player for playoffs as well if there is one who is an upgrade available.  Every edge helps. 
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    benny100 said:
    I'm at the finals again - beat the Astros in the semis this morning! Waiting until this evening to get the additional 15% live game boost. Fingers crossed this time! 🤞🤞
    Lost in the 15th in game 3 to the brewers.....
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Damn. Sorry @benny100.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I think the all star ticket system is driving the difficulty. They relaize with the shortened time window we can bang out seasons faster now - so finals wins are tougher until we have better team strength. 

No free lunches lol!
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited April 2019
    Not sure what to think anymore. 97-19 during season, played qfinals with vid boost AND live boost, Trout from franchise coinage and got SPANKED 9-0 and 7-1 by astros, no autoplay! Cole was unhittable capped at 134. Started season over, swept by Indians in first series. 52K team strength.

I followed that up later in the evening by playing a prime game against Hot Start Castillo who was capped at 140, no idea what skills were at but he was pretty nasty. Crushed that team 18-0, similar ts to Astros. Frustrating to say the least...
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    The Astros are on steroids this year. I lost 4 of 6 playoffs this year to them. After the 4th time I said no more and switched my teams to Houston. Haven't lost since, unless you get very lucky they are tough to beat. The pitcher states alone are jacked up like crazy, a 4s Cole has a higher rating then my Degrom keeper. Many have reports similar issues with Houston. I have completed 3 more seasons since making the switch and haven't lost in any playoff matches, no boosts either.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Not sure what to think anymore. 97-19 during season, played qfinals with vid boost AND live boost, Trout from franchise coinage and got SPANKED 9-0 and 7-1 by astros, no autoplay! Cole was unhittable capped at 134. Started season over, swept by Indians in first series. 52K team strength.

I followed that up later in the evening by playing a prime game against Hot Start Castillo who was capped at 140, no idea what skills were at but he was pretty nasty. Crushed that team 18-0, similar ts to Astros. Frustrating to say the least...

Curious. Who's your ace? I mean, when you lost to Houston? I've been noticing a bit of a pattern....
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited April 2019
    I keep seeing all these posts about season mode being too difficult and people's team strength plummeting when they use a boost. I must be one of the extremely lucky ones that does not have this type of stuff happen.

Last year it was said season mode was near impossible at Diamond and I honestly had zero trouble with it. I saw these screenshots with 2 star pitchers being rated like 530 overall and then I'd literally play the same team w/ same pitcher and they would be rated like 340 or something. Again, I'm seeing screenshots of all this stuff so I believe you guys 100 percent LOL, not saying that at all.

(...and watch, I'm cursing myself by saying this and will start having this happen too, would be fitting eh)
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I keep seeing all these posts about season mode being too difficult and people's team strength plummeting when they use a boost. I must be one of the extremely lucky ones that does not have this type of stuff happen.

Last year it was said season mode was near impossible at Diamond and I honestly had zero trouble with it. I saw these screenshots with 2 star pitchers being rated like 530 overall and then I'd literally play the same team w/ same pitcher and they would be rated like 340 or something. Again, I'm seeing screenshots of this stuff so I believe you LOL.

(...and watch, I'm cursing myself by saying this and will start having this happen too, would be fitting eh)
    It was easy when we went diamond. We just lucked into the situation. :)
    DFBB said:

Curious. Who's your ace? I mean, when you lost to Houston? I've been noticing a bit of a pattern....
    Host Start Castillo capped w/skills at 4/4 (prime obviously doesn't matter). Keeper "ace" (Dock Ellis) isn't capped yet but will be next time playoffs come around, for sure...
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I’ve won both of my season championships so far beating the Astros in a couple of extra inning games.  My Ace is a capped Dock Ellis, first season I used a franchise Prime because my team wasn’t as fleshed out but now my lowest rated player is 134 in silver so maybe I’m ahead of things though I’m only at 48k atm.  I have a top 3 of Ellis, now Snell and Paddack so starters seem to be set.  Of course I may have just cursed myself we’ll see how season 3 goes (currently 47-9).
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Lost in first round to a dodgers team I was ahead of by 22 games. 
    Wtf 
    got smoked even with everything maxed and bonus added. 
    Thats some BS 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    likenight said:
    Lost in first round to a dodgers team I was ahead of by 22 games. 
    Wtf 
    got smoked even with everything maxed and bonus added. 
    Thats some BS 
    .....and yet you keep coming back.....  ;)
    edited May 2019
    Lost in finals to Brewers, 2-0. Prime Trout, live boost, vid boost. My effing team is over 70K strength to brewers 40K. Ball went nowhere when I hit it. I destroyed Yankees and Royals in previous 2 rounds outscoring them like 70-2 total. Is the point to make people not play season mode cause I'm there.
    Lost in finals to Brewers, 2-0. Prime Trout, live boost, vid boost. My effing team is over 70K strength to brewers 40K. Ball went nowhere when I hit it. I destroyed Yankees and Royals in previous 2 rounds outscoring them like 70-2 total. Is the point to make people not play season mode cause I'm there.
    Did you autoplay or manually play it out?  Similar to autoplay vs manually playing in WOH I have had better success going manual for the big moments when things are dicey in Season mode.  In a month or two it will be full on autoplay but at the moment taking time pays off.  
    edited May 2019
    @bigvivec Manual play only in finals. I did go from S3 to S4 late in season which I thought might affect playoffs but after crushing in quarters and semi's I thought I had it made. Glad to not face Astros but it was a totally different game. Previous rounds I played first two innings of each game and was up huge after that so just autoplayed. I had nothing from the get go against the Brewers. Weak grounders right at fielders or popups/flyouts. Nothing like any at-bat in previous rounds. It was clearly rigged against me for crossing some magical season threshold....or not crossing one. Can't tell anymore... :(

Edit: In the limited prime games I've played this weekend I noticed that non-skill Opening Day Snell wins by huge margins (like 30+ to 1-5) in every game whereas both Castillo's I have and keeper Dock Ellis have close scoring games though my ts is at it's highest when those skilled pitchers throw. Coincidence?!
    Dropping team strength by putting donkeys in your subs and Rp positions other than closer seems to trick the RNG.   Last year I discovered I would win less with POTW or pOTM as big anomalies in the lineup and did better with a team that was level strength across all positions.  
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Dropping team strength by putting donkeys in your subs and Rp positions other than closer seems to trick the RNG.   Last year I discovered I would win less with POTW or pOTM as big anomalies in the lineup and did better with a team that was level strength across all positions.  
    There a lot to be said for that. I noticed the same thing in 18. I kept 3 or 4 bronze relievers in my lineup got the longest time while in gold. I never thought about weak subs. Coming up on the finals so I hope that I remember to do that
    bigvivec said:
    Interesting. I will try this. Just played 4 games against White Sox in season; PoTM Glasnow and OD Snell are "weakest" SP and their starts were won 34-2 and 17-0. Ace PoTM Castillo won 8-0 with significantly higher team strength, Dock Ellis 12-0.
    edited May 2019
    It’s counter intuitive but looking at top clubs Friday mornings you will see that players dump individual. team strength going into the weekend prime.  I keep a full team of donkeys in reserve for this.  Helps some though the GLU difficulty screw tightening overrides all for the most part.
    Just finished another season and got smoked in the first round (again) to the Nationals, 7-1 and 6-1. What a waste of **** time. **** you GLU
    New season already 4-4 getting beat pretty easily now. Game about to be deleted soon as it’s really not fun even when I spend. 
    I don’t understand as I couldn’t  win maxed out in Silver so went Gold and now getting beat even worse. What’s the FN point GLU?
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Not sure if anything changed but my new season record is 81-7 which is the best I've had in 19. May end up being a mute point for me though after this coming Monday as depending on how GLU will change the difficulty of WOH HOF I may forgo seasons and reset my team every Monday for the live boost.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @Houmy Does it cost gold to change teams for that live boost jump?
    I finished 101-15 and got beat bad in the first round, really didn’t make sense. Two seasons in a row now getting beat bad in the first round and really outmatched strength wise. Very discouraging to play. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Yep. But that is a 15% boost for 3 hours at 150 gold, not a 20% boost for one round at 80 gold 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Yes 150G but it does reset your season to 0 so that is one of the tradeoffs. If you cycle HOF you get more resources, other than EVO, than season mode anyway so I'm fine with that as you still have to win the season playoffs too and right now that is not guaranteed. I can do the 80 games and get those rewards in the season and then reset each week. Of course as mentioned it all depends on HOF this Monday and maybe that 15% boost won't be necessary until 5.7-5.10 in which case I may just gold boost it.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    @Houmy yesterday I was the Rangers from 1135 to 235 cst, then the Mets from 240 to 540 cst, then Red Sox from 605 to 905 cst and finished as the Dodgers from 910 to finish. Not sure if I really even needed the boost as it seemed very easy yesterday, but 600 gold for a never-ending 15% boost is a good buy imo.
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Houmy yesterday I was the Rangers from 1135 to 235 cst, then the Mets from 240 to 540 cst, then Red Sox from 605 to 905 cst and finished as the Dodgers from 910 to finish. Not sure if I really even needed the boost as it seemed very easy yesterday, but 600 gold for a never-ending 15% boost is a good buy imo.

I don't know why but I have never thought about this before. Good insight
    Need more Living Legends!