Box odds %

JahCoozieJahCoozie Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
Good afternoon tappers.  So after 35 boxes over the weekend and 9 this morning and pulling the same guy multiple times in a row, (Hanson over the weekend) leads me think the odds aren’t in our favor.  Just wondering if this is happening all around or if anyone’s actually pulling these 5* guys! I’ll conti to buy gold for all star tickets and my stadium 🏟 I would just really hope to pull someone decent, and may stick around on my roster for a minute.  These guys will get traded in almost immediately.  I do appreciate the duplicate xp reward!  Fingers crossed after I buy more gold I’ll pull someone helpful this week/weekend!  If you’re pulling them, then I’m stoked
for ya!  If you’re in my boat, I feel for ya!!  
Cheers, and tap on. 

Comments

• tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    for whatever crappy reason (probably on purpose from Glu's part) whenever you pull a player from any box, it seems like that players has a higher chance of being pulled again (as compared to other players within the same % category). It happened exactly the same in '18.
    Kind of like Glu has the RNG rigged to repeat players more often than not.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Yeah I pulled Zimmerman twice and Suzuki once. After that I gave up because theyre not bonus guys nor did they replace anyone..
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited April 2019
    A lot of RNG algorithms use current timestamp as a seed to get the random value, so if you're generating a "random" number quickly in succession there would be a higher degree of chance that you would generate a duplicated value. 

EDIT: Mind you, that's a stab in the dark. But agree on the duplicates being a thing.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    A lot of RNG algorithms use current timestamp as a seed to get the random value, so if you're generating a "random" number quickly in succession there would be a higher degree of chance that you would generate a duplicated value. 

True but it goes further than that.
    It seems to happen very frequently even if you are opening boxes hours apart or even a day. Like when opening weekend boxes on Friday/saturday/sunday.
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    That is a very interesting point on random seed generators. As a programmer I have seen initial seed data set using the famous datetime elapsed since 1970. 

To create a random and unpredictable sequence, the seed must be a truly random number. To get this truly random number for the seed, most programs use the current date and time, converted to an integer value (for example, converted to the number of seconds that have elapsed since January 1, 1970). Since this is a different number every time you start the program, it makes a good seed.
  • MadswagooMadswagoo Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    So in my case and my attempt at better odds, I decided to try the POW Box with a 50/50 shot because you have a 50% chance of pulling a POW.
    I bought 4 boxes. 2x (20 bonus games) and 2x (XP's). 
    Sorry but something is aloof here. I have 20 VIP's in my club debating if we want to even play 19'
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Better odds in our club, I got both in 4 pulls. Most others got one within 1 or 2 pulls.  Just bad luck man, or maybe you didn't let it shake long enough before you opened it.. lol. Remember 7.5 shakes gets a players every time. ;)
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    2 potw boxes here and Pulled Beckham 2nd box. @dkarski87 my clubs been on the lucky side too.
    Need more Living Legends!
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I was 1 for 1 (Yelich).
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I was 1 for 1 (Yelich).
    same here
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Fwiw, a few guys in our club combined to go 5 for 9 on potw boxes. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited April 2019
    Ouch, Ive been there many, many.... many times.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy