Options

What's going on, can't win a game?

ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
edited April 2019 in General TSB Discussion
OK, it started with Folty losing 5 straight in rotation. Now I can't win a game... Period! Even though I have my opponents covered by large margins. Someone help me understand this.

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Matchups are based on total wins. Team strength is a good indicator, but there are other factors in play as well. For example, if your team strength is higher than a team above your tier, you're still unlikely to win.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Chii, I’m there with you man.  I am still holding onto bronze with a 40k strength team, 21k sluggers and just over 1050 total games played.....the past weekend I was trudging along in the prime event at a 50% win rate.  Bonus game day had me just under 20% win rate.  Am going silver after slugfest this week;  will cycle as much as I can then take the leap.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I couldn't even hit my 150k compete this weekend. 12 games was my longest streak. As soon as I spent the 100g I lost game 1 every time, didn't matter the team I played either. My GP is around 2500 in silver  but this is just stupid. If you want players to move up then you provide more means of  collecting XP. 
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    DeuceDeuce Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Matchups are based on total wins. Team strength is a good indicator, but there are other factors in play as well. For example, if your team strength is higher than a team above your tier, you're still unlikely to win.
    I'm finding that team strength is a terrible indicator. I just made a post about prime game and bonus games. I couldn't even win my second game of the streak this weekend. I've only played 1200 or so games and I'm capped at silver (maxed 5* and team upgrades). I'm consistently losing to teams that are 20k team strength below me. I wouldn't be as frustrated if they were matching me against guys with a similar team strength or a higher team strength, but losing to guys 20k below me destroys any faith in team strength.
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    I couldn't even hit my 150k compete this weekend. 12 games was my longest streak. As soon as I spent the 100g I lost game 1 every time, didn't matter the team I played either. My GP is around 2500 in silver  but this is just stupid. If you want players to move up then you provide more means of  collecting XP. 
    I usually collect that as well....didn’t even attempt it since a “streak” of three or four was the best I could do. 
  • Options
    ChiiChii Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Wow! Unlikely to win? Think I'm missing something. If I have my opponent covered shouldn't I be more likely to win? I have over 800 wins at silver 4, if that matters. dkarski87 said:
    Exactly! Game 1.
  • Options
    Chii said:
    DFBB said:
    Wow! Unlikely to win? Think I'm missing something. If I have my opponent covered shouldn't I be more likely to win? 
    No you’re not more likely as you are discovering........that is the whole point.  Sandpipers expressed a sentiment in another thread about how we should not be pushed into leveling up only two weeks into the season.....IMO a very valid observation.  For me the prejudice did not extend to WOH and hopefully slugfest will also not be affected.....am taking the strong glu “suggestion “ and leveling up later this week though.....maybe I can win there longer than a week and a half.