Options

Matchup Conundrum - Gold and Silver

adam007adam007 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
edited April 2019 in General TSB Discussion

For the last week I have been encountering matchups with Gold teams even though I am only silver 5.

The max level I've seen for silver pitchers caps at around 140 (Verlander from this weekend for example). But in my Prime Event Games I am starting to see 180+ levels in opponent pitchers. 

The difficulty level has increased so dramatically it's become difficult to win Prime Event Games! 

I also noticed for slugfest this last week I encountered multiple Gold level matchups. I didn't play slugfest in 18' so I thought it might be just the way it was, but asking around people are saying that never happened to them. 

I don't know what's wrong, but the difficulty level is just becoming unbearable and I can't help my team with bonus points from my bonus players in the way that i know I should be. I think there might be a mistake.

Has any other silver players seen these kinds of uneven matchups in Prime Event or Slugfest?

Comments

• Options
    adam007adam007 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Thank you for any feedback!
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Typically, once you've hit a certain amount of games played in a certain tier (in this case silver), you will be forced to play against players in the tier above you. This is what you are seeing in your prime event games. The only way to fix this is to move up to gold, which is really aggravating considering to level up one player alone in gold is about 25K XP. However, in Slugfest, you are just playing normally. A person in bronze, no matter what, will always face silver players on 5.8-5.10. This is entirely normal. If you move up to gold, you will face platinum players in slugfest. 

My recommendation is to have a good cry, and then admit defeat and move up to gold. RIP resources .:\