WOH tips?

salpenzasalpenza Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
New player and I am stuck in level 3 with what I believe to be a decent roster. What are some tips to reach level 4 and beyond?

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Probably the best help would be to post the list of hitters you are working with and we can go from there.   That way maybe we can help you choose matchups and such
  • salpenzasalpenza Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Probably the best help would be to post the list of hitters you are working with and we can go from there.   That way maybe we can help you choose matchups and such

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Where in level 3 are you getting stuck? Ramos on up is good enough to beat level 5
    Do you happen to have any keepers?   If so I'd work on getting them and your legend leveled up.   Its pricey but worth it.
    Also not sure where you have the skills leveled for your legend and tatis.

As for level it started getting tough around 3.6 so I'd use your best guy against righties there.

I'd say try
    3.6   POTW Meadows
    3.7   Puig
    3.8   POTW Acuna (personally I think 3.8 is harder then 3.9 and 3.10)
    3.9   Legend
    3.10 Tatis
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    I’m with you here.
    Stuck on 4-1,4-2. 
    Hitters between 108 and 145. 
    Upgrades, all hitting ones to 40 (max)
    Have hit into 3 triple plays already. 
    2003cobra said:
    Where in level 3 are you getting stuck? Ramos on up is good enough to beat level 5
    I just passed level 3 but now I cannot get past 4.7
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Im stuck at 3-8 as well. Willing to listen to advice. I’m silver 5 with hitting/base coach/trainer at 40 while clutch is at 36.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    It’s okay, can’t get through 4.10 
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    It’s okay, can’t get through 4.10 
    This should be easy for you. I cycled with legend, keeper jed, keeper molina, same breggy as u, POTW yelich bellinger beckham, '19 JBJ, '19 Votto, mariners vogelbach
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Now stuck at 4-6 for the past 45 minutes 
    Just feel burnt out lately with this game. 
    I can cycle with this squad. 
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Jon Lester is apparently Cy effing Young tonight wtf 
    2003cobra said:
    I can cycle with this squad. 
    what is cycling?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @salpenza Cycling means that you can beat an event multiple times. 

OP, I would use my best bat vs leftys at 3.8 and my best bat vs rightys at 3.6.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Also, for the time being, our legend is our best bat. I would suggest capping them asap.
  • SEANTONNSEANTONN Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    1. Level up your legend
    2. Make sure to play lefty/righty matchups when possible; arguably most important
    3. Pennants...play your season games
    4. Watch videos and use gold boosts on the tough ones

your lineup can beat it
    This should help. Not an original of mine but very helpful in matchups
    SEANTONN said:
    1. Level up your legend
    2. Make sure to play lefty/righty matchups when possible; arguably most important
    3. Pennants...play your season games
    4. Watch videos and use gold boosts on the tough ones

your lineup can beat it
    For what's worth, Myself and a few others are of the opinion that pennants do NOT effect WoH. I would, however, love to be wrong. If anyone has opinions/proof/etc. otherwise, I'm all ears.
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts

These were posted from last year. All they do is contradict each other 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Pennants do not affect WOH, even this year I used a 320 max player with 0 pennants and cleared WOH with no issues. They do however apply to all the other game modes, maybe not CVC though as the format is similar. WOH comes down to your upgrades, players and skill levels.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    @lpoheron Yeah, the in-game screen info expressly states that it helps in all modes. For most of last year, I played with the assumption that they helped in WoH. However, my personal experience strongly suggest otherwise. Again, I would love to be wrong though.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Ok to i guess make an attempt to play devils advocate on this. Besides the overall team strength number go up, would we even be able to tell that there is a considerable boost by using/maxing out pennants for WOH? So maybe they work, but just not enough to make everything easier.
    Ok to i guess make an attempt to play devils advocate on this. Besides the overall team strength number go up, would we even be able to tell that there is a considerable boost by using/maxing out pennants for WOH? So maybe they work, but just not enough to make everything easier.
    This is my opinion as well.  You can add pitchers skills to that as well.  Other then increasing team strength there isnt anything tangible that suggests that they help anywhere else
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Hmm good one I never thought about pitcher skills. We never see them pitch lol
  • usbluesusblues Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    I’ve cycled minimum 3 times every woh in 19, you e got good enough players from Ramos up, if no one has mentioned it yet, try and go exclusively opposite field. I can cycle the first time through without even using a video restart by going strictly oppo
    Thanks for all of the tips guys... really appreciate the help
  • blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    I haven’t been able to cycle yet even with a pretty solid team. Maybe I’m just not that good at timing my swing lol