Options

Home Run Battles

ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
I have been sticking in bronze to start the year, accumulating resources to take my sluggers, keepers, my legend, and regular team took longer than I thought.  I had a couple of questions.
1.  How many sluggers do you need to cap to keep cycling?  I usually auto play the lower rounds, so do I need to upgrade them all?
2.  How much harder is the home run battles in silver?  Bronze is very easy and you get a lot of lopsided matchups.  I count on the Home Run Battles for cash and gloves.  

Overall, struggle with a desire to level up.  All of my regular players will be junk soon, so I hate wasting the resources.  

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    1. When I went silver, I had four silver sluggers capped, plus my legend. You can certainly make it work with less, but it just means having to manually bat more often. 

2, I do quite a bit of derby. Bronze, as you alluded to, is absolutely free. Silver is also easy, but you will have tougher matchups. In a way, however, it's more fun because it keeps you more engaged.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited April 2019
    I would do as @DFBB did and cap just the top 4 sluggers, plus your legend, and see how it goes and if needed then add one more. I would not go over 5 unless they just won't cut it for autoplay and add a 6th one if needed but that really shouldn't be necessary if the sluggers are 4*+. Good thing about silver is that it isn't as expensive and you could easily make the XP for that one extra slugger back in one derby event.

I capped top 4 and my legend myself when I went silver and had to do one more 4.5* as I had to do more restarts than I liked in level 4. With my legend and top 5 capped I could then autoplay all the way through 5.5-5.7.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @houmy how about in gold brotha? Got my first crack at derby today in gold level. I got my  3 5s capped and 3 4.5s at g5, the rest are g1. How do you like my chances?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    @houmy how about in gold brotha? Got my first crack at derby today in gold level. I got my  3 5s capped and 3 4.5s at g5, the rest are g1. How do you like my chances?
    Good luck.   I plan on going gold in a couple days.  Not taking my sluggers at first but if you have success that could tempted me.  Bringing my legend with me which helps
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I will report how it goes, never did it in18 so not sure what to expect. Will just reuse my top 3 bats if needed at 100g a pop to get though.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    @dkarski87 I would do the same in gold but no more than top 4 as it gets expensive with sluggers. I would just manual play from 4.4 or so as that is where you should get stuck on autoplay and tuff it out for a few weeks until the new cycle sluggers push the lower ones out of rotation.

• Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @ReadingFightingPhils Its a huge cost lvling everything at once. With 16 4-star+ sluggers (cut 4 since) I believe I would have needed around 360-375k bxp to cap everyone when going silver. I went with 160-175k, capped top 4 sluggers, all players minus catcher (legend is catcher) and keepers. Legend at 10x regular player should be priority beyond top 4 sluggers. I also didnt rely on keepers much at all while cycling WoH Monday. 

Keeping sluggers where theyre at now and staying silver until I am way flush before messing with gold:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    @dustyhunks never level more than 5 sluggers when going up tiers as the bottom sluggers capped at a lower tier should be able to handle the lower 5 matches in most levels. If you cycle each week the bottom ones would go out of rotation anyway so it's a total waste of your resources.

• Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Noted. Won't happen again.
  • Options
    Noted. Won't happen again.
    The good thing is that silver is relatively inexpensive so your fine for now. Just keep that in mind once you go gold and especially so once Prime sluggers are introduced.

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Interesting. 

In my experience, there's absolutely no way I can autoplay past maybe 5.4 on level 5 with any remote consistency. It just chews up my blue cash trying to autoplay 5.5 and above. 

My sluggers are-

Custom Legend 147
    Muncy 145
    Trout 145
    Puig 138
    Torres 137
    Acuna 135
    Story 135
    Machado 135
    Betts 134
    Goldschmidt 132

I'm silver, so maybe that hurts my ability to autoplay levels 4 or 5, idk.