Options

I found a possible solution to lag, but FIRST need GLU feedback

ORBBIRDSORBBIRDS Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
So,
I FINALLY found a solution to my GLU LAG, black screen, 90-120 second delay between screens, etc... 
**** Please not, do NOT try this until I get a response from the Admin team/IT team, as I sent it off to them *****
IF you have these, issues,
1. and you are on android,
2. AND you have your account backed up on Facebook (or I email I would guess, but never chose email or FB)
3. AND you still have Tap 18 on your phone actively, as it cannot be retrieved unless you are a computer wizard and can find it in your deleted apps library, which I (gulp) was fortunately able to do)
4. AND you TRULY have the insanely long lag, 2-3 minutes between EACH click....not 10 seconds...
5. OH, and you absolutely positively CANNOT have multiple teams......big no-no for this fix.

Then I am proposing this, but it is NOT vetted yet:
*** The reason I say this, is it WORKED perfectly once, and locked me out once, so I need to hear back from GLU.......
OK, here goes (Again, please DO NOT try until we get a green light)
1. Go into your apps list, click on Tap 19, click on storage, then click the clear cache button ONLY.
2. Clear CACHE ONLY the same way on 3 apps - on Facebook, Tap 18, and Tap 19
3. THEN, (GULP), go BACK into Tap 19 and CLEAR DATA.  WARNING, this disconnects your linked account and all Data associated with login, etc...
4. Restart.
5.  Go back in to Tap 19, do NOT do a SINGLE thing, play a game etc... w/ the new account.... Just go in and link Facebook again. Works so fast, I could not believe it.
6. I watched 120 videos this weekend, and the lag returned (Mind you the lag was completely GONE prior to watching videos...hmmmmmmm
7.So I did it again about a week later, and got locked out....But they promptly fixed it by mid afternoon.
8. *****  WE DO NOT want to flood GLU with 1000's of tickets, so hoping for a response soon, before anyone tries...

Good luck!
Orb

Comments

• Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Or, alternatively, you can uninstall/reinstall, as this accomplished the same purpose. 

I think the main flaw here is that after you clear data on TSB 19, you will eventually be unable to link back to your FB/email account, just as many were able to uninstall/reinstall multiple times, but eventually got locked out. I'm pretty sure clearing TSB 19 data accomplishes the same thing as uninstalling, and I think they have the same potential consequences too.
  • Options
    ORBBIRDSORBBIRDS Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    I tried to uninstall, reinstall 19, and the saved data transfer to the reinstall, so it was not the same for me.....might have been for you.....but I tried that probably 15 times without luck
    Most likely, every phone is different, as newer phones will cache or somehow temporarily store more data
    Orb