2 hours into new walk-off and......

BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
I’ve played 3 of the difficulty levels. 

Veteran- seems to be about the difficulty of previous walk-offs. But only 4 levels, minimized rewards, and no player

All-Star-  seems harder than previous walk-offs. Rewards close to the same, but less cash as rewards while playing leaves it more difficult to accumulate resources.

HOF-  I gave up before the end of level 2. What a joke 

the part I hate about all of this is the cash rewards for the rounds going from 2,000 down to 500, 750, and 1,000. That makes auto play much less desirable, especially when the levels that are easier to autoplay through give less cash as end of level rewards. WOH is something I’m about done with after this 
Prev1

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited May 2019
    So you are basically saying the only event that most actually enjoyed playing is as of now pointless? I am sure GLU will check all the feedbacks and make changes but this whole trial & error strategy on their part is  getting a bit tiresome.

The HOF difficulty you have pointed out would also tie in to AS level 18 skip feature I am sure but of course there will not be a large number of players that reach that level considering the price tag.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I don't recall anyone asking to have their cash reserves literally sucked from their accounts. The extra tier is fine but why in the hell did they strip resource building out? This is terrible.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:
    So you are basically saying the only event that most actually enjoyed playing is as of now pointless? I am sure GLU will check all the feedbacks and make changes but this whole trial & error strategy on their part is  getting a bit tiresome.

The HOF difficulty you have pointed out would also tie in to AS level 18 skip feature I am sure but of course there will not be a large number of players that reach that level considering the price tag.
    Where do most people get bonus games from?  Walk-off and tournaments. Where do people have a chance to earn a lot of cash for tournaments?  Walk-off. 

I have earned 20 bonus games today. 20 and I’ve played almost non stop since the event started. I used to be able to get 200 in a day from walk-off. 

Here is your catch to diamond everyone 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Houmy said:

Where do most people get bonus games from?  Walk-off and tournaments. Where do people have a chance to earn a lot of cash for tournaments?  Walk-off. 

I have earned 20 bonus games today. 20 and I’ve played almost non stop since the event started. I used to be able to get 200 in a day from walk-off. 

All true and I was in fact agreeing with you. Didn't even bother logging in today once I read all the various feedbacks.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    So now we have to pay gold for bonus games and buy cash from the specials tab with real $ to get through Diamond divisions. 

They're changing the rules as they go here. Sorry for those that are already there (in Diamond).
    Houmy said:
    Houmy said:

All true and I was in fact agreeing with you. Didn't even bother logging in today once I read all the various feedbacks.
    I knew you were agreeing. This is a very bitter pill to swallow. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Not even going to lie... I want the old WOH back. I struggled my ass off to complete it (never have) but it felt worth it. As many have said, the reward for completing seems to be way outweighed by the cost (cash/time). I like the concept they just tweaked too much.  
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

If @DFBB hasn't come on here to post that he cycled HOF level 3 times already, then you know the rest of us are screwed.

I already gave up until my team's live boost (at 10 pm tonight).  It's a nightmare. 

• JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Double edged sword to make the HOF difficulty damn near unattainable....And then All Star Level 18 is just as unattainable for most as well.  So most players will drop their phone and quit over trying to spend to get the skips for woh.  Moral of the story, Glu really wants us to go broke one way or another.  Not a good look!  
    The extra tier is fine but why in the hell did they strip resource building out? This is terrible.
    This may be my biggest issue about today. If I can’t beat the all-star or HOF tiers so be it, but at least allow me to feel like my day has been productive. Bonus games given out less, less cash given out, I don’t even remember getting gold as a round reward, end of level rewards are worse. I’m struggling to see the positives
    edited May 2019
    Double edged sword to make the HOF difficulty damn near unattainable....And then All Star Level 18 is just as unattainable for most as well.  So most players will drop their phone and quit over trying to spend to get the skips for woh.  Moral of the story, Glu really wants us to go broke one way or another.  Not a good look!  

I guess if they have four people still playing the game, as long as all four of those people hit AS Level 18, they'll gross $50k this year. Which is more than enough to pay what their entire development team is worth for 1 year (assuming said development team is more than like four retarded monkeys falling all over each other inside a hamster wheel or whatever).
    People want a game to be hard, but beatable. At least if I put in time on walk-off, it felt productive in helping me build a team.  Today feels like a put the phone down day, not a keep playing to make the team better day 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
     Yeah this is how you do the exact opposite of building interest in the most popular game mode TSB offers.
    Metsicans said:

If @DFBB hasn't come on here to post that he cycled HOF level 3 times already, then you know the rest of us are screwed.

I already gave up until my team's live boost (at 10 pm tonight).  It's a nightmare. 

Are we even sure, at this point, that @dfbb has a phone that hasn’t been thrown through the wall yet?  He hasn’t posted in a very long time 
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    People want a game to be hard, but beatable. At least if I put in time on walk-off, it felt productive in helping me build a team.  Today feels like a put the phone down day, not a keep playing to make the team better day 
    Amen to that.  Difficulty has always been hit or miss, but most of us were still giving WOH hell and beating it.  The problem is that Glu didn’t just add a difficulty...They stripped resources and made it more expensive with cash and gold it’s going to take to boost and restart.   They couldn’t have made it worse for the most played event.  That’s for damn sure.  
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    I may as well wait until the good sales come out this fall after world series and just buy the player you want. Don't throw money now at the game. I think my summer will have a new hobby. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I've said the hell with it for today. Getting punched in the nut$ with the rewards and the increased difficulty makes hammering gold videos while I work seem a hell of a lot more productive. Sad because I could really use the cash and XP's that used to come from WOH. Oh and bonus games.
    Well I just got 2,000 cash in back to back rounds. Even tried the easiest level to check and got 2,000 cash there too 
    @Bigpredfan same here, don't know when it changed as I wasn't paying too much attention until you'd said something.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    If you're just resource hunting I guess I don't understand why you don't just re-cycle Rookie over and over again.  It's fast, easy,  and you're going to come out ahead using autoplay 90% of the time.  
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Keep getting stonewalled
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I haven't heard anyone say they beat All Star or HOF with a silver team.  This might be how they push us up a level...or another way they do so, I should say. 
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    I haven't heard anyone say they beat All Star or HOF with a silver team.  This might be how they push us up a level...or another way they do so, I should say. 
    Shit, I am struggling with the Veteran level right now. Beat it fine Last Monday and 2x on Wednesday. It hurts not knowing the pitchers. Need @DFBB to revise his post for the new event. 
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    I sure hope everyone has been giving glu their feedback on this lousy WoH "upgrade" version via CS.
  • manbearpuigmanbearpuig Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    I’ve cycled every week so far this year but after an hour of not being able to get past level 1 I’m calling it a day. I like a challenge, but this is ridiculous 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    All Star @ Silver

• sugarshortssugarshorts Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    All Star @ Silver

How much gold it take?
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Geez haven’t even been able to autoplay out of level one in Veteran
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Silver is close to impossible, can't get past 4.9 in all star with the boost. Putting it away for the night before the phone gets thrown
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I just went to gold with 40k xp and maybe 200k cash. At this rate I figured I would rather try going gold and see what happens. Found out the pitchers don't really throw it faster like I was expecting. Just going to be a slow build back up, but I will not spend any more real money.