Single Player Box

ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
I was a big fan on the idea to be able to buy a box with a 100% chance at a 5 star player in yesterdays Alonso box. I didn't need the player but I hope this is something they start to do more of. I would be willing to drop 3K to 4K for a box that had a player worth having.
Need more Living Legends!

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I don't know if it would be for a player beyond something like what we saw yesterday, unless the cost was significantly more. Even when you spend on gold to buy boxes the odds are such you won't get the player you're looking for in all of that, which in theory prompts you to buy more/use more gold. If anything, it would be a player with a single skill, bonus for the day never to be considered again or a player with a tournaments only skill or something similar (season mode as another example). In other words, nothing of terribly high value.
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Unfortunately you are probably right but maybe we are both wrong and they will surprise us.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    id Spend it if it wasn't yet another 1st basemen and just maybe had 2 skills..
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

For the right player I agree I'd spend 5 or 6k for it.
  • JoshGreenJoshGreen Registered Users, Member 53 Posts
    Fan rewards = same concept....
    2k for a 310 player is ridiculous, isn't this like our 3rd 1B of the week? Anyways I like the concept but there isnt much difference than just buying him for $29.99 at least with that you get all-star tickets. 
    Well you can save 30bucks by watching 2x videos. Then basically get the player with house money.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    #skillsgate aside I don't mind one skill, or no skills at all, players right now. Keep in mind that most of the players offered now will be useless once primes and higher max 5* comes out which most will chase so save your resources I say and ignore the skills for all but one each of a top righty & lefty for WOH if you have to.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Houmy said:
    #skillsgate aside I don't mind one skill, or no skills at all, players right now. Keep in mind that most of the players offered now will be useless once primes and higher max 5* comes out which most will chase so save your resources I say and ignore the skills for all but one each of a top righty & lefty for WOH if you have to.
    Exactly. If there is only one useful skill then i will have only invested in 1 skill when the new better player comes out
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Its great for those playing in a club that want to compete in the event or have a deficiency at that position.  First base although seems more common this year is usually one of the harder spots to fill.   I think this is also great for the more casual players who maybe dont clear WOH or buy boxes alot.  Not necessarily talking about us on the forums.  IMO its a win/win.
  • rychar22rychar22 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    It was a great thing because my 1B was pretty bad I think it was for sure worth it. That would be a great addition to have more often
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Just enjoy the "low" prices while you can though. I don't believe Prime/All Star/Legends will be offered at the same prices once they are released. But hey I am sure a lot are moving up the AS Ticket rank faster now that you can buy a guaranteed player.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022