Thoughts on me going gold ??

newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
Hey guys, I’m looking for some input before my final decision is made. My plan is to make jump to gold Tuesday before event.  I can cycle woh with some trouble but do get it done!! slugfest hasn’t worked out for me but close last week. My wins are high so prime and bonus/tourney games are horrible win rates.  Beating seasons fairly easy (won 4 finals).  Not sure what else I need to say but here is screen shots of my resources and team strength. Also pics of my top guys to take along with ML and some others of course.  I will add I have 50-60 inactives 4.5 star I can trade for much more xp!!  

Comments

• midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    I wouldn't move up until I was beating both Slugfest and WOH comfortably as those events are going to be your biggest resource mining.  How many 5 star players do you have for Slugfest?  You might want to spend some gold on first round picks if you don't have at least 5.  Capping My Legend in Gold is extremely expensive (I think about 240,000 xp). You will need the 5 close to being capped to cycle Slugfest in gold as the top sluggers in level 5 usually go 10 for 10 and out drive your 10 out of 10s if they are not close to capped.  
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    @midgetmullet I hear from many others that they cycle with ease using ML and 2-3 5* star sluggers with 2-3 4.5 star sluggers. Only capping top 5-6 of them.   But on another note I have just enough in sluggers to do it but with slugfest only on Wednesday royal, my time that day is limited so I’m leaning on maybe dropping it and go to 18 ways of mining evo later when it becomes an issue. For now 500 evo should get me comfortable in gold ? I think?   
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    When you go gold - it will be difficult to cycle slugfest - until you cap out your sluggers which is extremely expensive. So that's a con. But on the Pro side - cycling woh seems to be much easier to do in gold. 

I went gold with about 150k blue xp and capped out my 5 top players (not keepers or ML) and I was able to cycle woh six times pretty easily, no gold spent, only one video retry needed. SO - even though I lost the ability to cycle slugfest for now by going gold - I was able to make up for it with multi-cycling the woh royale. The xp from multi-cycling more than made up for the lost xp in the slugfest. 

Also - it seems the ability to score points in woh is way more valuable to your team in the royale than the points you score in slugfest. Just my opinion.
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Follow up - when you first go gold - just figure on leaving your keepers and legend behind for awhile. They are very expensive to level up in gold at this point in the game. However - the reality is that if you have a handful of 325 max skilled players - you won't miss them. Guys like Rizzo, Hernandez, Vlad Jr., Judge, etc at 325 with skills at 8 or 9% each are "monsters" right now in game, cvc, and woh modes. My ATG Willie Mays - i converted to Gold 1....and now he's a sub. And as higher rated players come out - he's likely to be consigned to the dustbin of history.....until a point in the games comes that blue xp is easier to get in bigger chunks.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    It depends on what you value, and if the game state is going to remain at least similar.  I went up with about a third of the exp and 200 less evo than you have, the week before they changed to the multi tower format in WoH, and by Thursday morning of that week went from having my highest player at Gold 7 to having 14 players capped in Gold.  I obviously have had to hold my keepers and legend at Gold 1, and have put my sluggers in a holding pattern to do this.  In 3 normal WoH towers since going Gold I’ve had 11, 7, and 9 cycles.  Should Wednesday’s continue with normal tower difficulty you should find that you will amass a fairly significant amount of blue exp (100,000+) should you cycle at least 8-12x which is certainly possible.  With 320k, you could choose to cap many normal players, or a keeper and a few normal players.  The downside is paying for upgrades/pennants if you value those and slugfest is more difficult/expensive as 5 sluggers capped in gold would cost 200k+ (I wanna say 245k for 5).  Also, leveling up bonus players through the week will cost some as well (~31k for a normal Gold 10 batter from B1). 

TLDR:  WoH is easier in gold especially the normal tower, slugfest expensive and evo harder to acquire without evo hunting. Depends on what you’re focusing on.
    Thanks @redlegs2018u. My main focus will be woh going forth as I’m sure it’s soon goona up the rewards as we all know prime players are in the near future!!   But I am very competitive and like to be a big factor of every event and every day play.  
     As of now I basically can’t do much with prime days or bonus game day so that leaves me to just woh and royal (also woh) and a bit of TRYING at slugfest(which I still fail).  
     I think I can easily get ml and keeper mays plus a few others capped right away which should again cycle woh.  What I’m afraid of is my wins are still to high for gold and things won’t get better for other events.  I have heard of this issue with some guys who jumped but not sure how many wins/losses they had
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I’m really liking staying in silver so far, i didn’t realize how much damage you can do in c vs c. Prime games have been allot better lately, but if, and when the woh tower demands I move up I will. I think it will be easier once primes are released, and you have 2 different kinds of xp to make the move so I’m targeting beginning of June after vip rewards.
    Hey all.  I want to put out an update on this topic.  I did make the jump to gold wed morning before royal event.  I had 500 k xp, 1.8 mil cash, 530 evo.  I capped ML, MAYS,  4 reg hitters , and 1 sp.    I cycled woh that day with ease and 0 gold on 2 cycles.  I can win much better in prime and bonus games. I am enjoying the game much better last couple days for sure. 

so all in all I am happy with the jump and those resources numbers was just enough to be efficient 
  • losbravos95losbravos95 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    newfy said:
    Hey all.  I want to put out an update on this topic.  I did make the jump to gold wed morning before royal event.  I had 500 k xp, 1.8 mil cash, 530 evo.  I capped ML, MAYS,  4 reg hitters , and 1 sp.    I cycled woh that day with ease and 0 gold on 2 cycles.  I can win much better in prime and bonus games. I am enjoying the game much better last couple days for sure. 

so all in all I am happy with the jump and those resources numbers was just enough to be efficient 
    I appreciate the feedback, Ive been thinking about it as well. I think i will pull the trigger soon. Team strength 55k, 1800 wins
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited May 2019
    I’m 78k silver and loving it.....no reason to go gold that I can think of.  Prime and bonus games will be a struggle at gold just like they are now for me once I pass x amount of games played (if I haven’t already). Expenses are lower than gold and my resources are swelling.  CVC is fine and just like at gold dependent on bonus guys.  Call me a sandbagger or whatever, but no plans for moving up any time soon.  
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    newfy said:

I appreciate the feedback, Ive been thinking about it as well. I think i will pull the trigger soon. Team strength 55k, 1800 wins
    I'd recommend going Gold as long as you have about 200k Blue XP and about 300k blue cash. As you level your Silver players, your club rewards should re-stock blue cash quickly. Max 6 hitters (about 150k xp), a SP and maybe youCL (about 25k xp each) and you should be good. I have since maxed three other SP's and am now just throwing resources into My Legend and Keepers. I can cycle WOH easily in Gold but gave up on Slugfest. I plan on staying Gold for a long time though, so if you are aiming for Platinum you might want to leave the Keepers and Legend behind. Most new players I have gotten are incremental upgrades over what I have already leveled up, so I figure once I have my Keepers and Legend capped I can then re-evaluate what I could level.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I think there are equal arguments for being Silver and being Gold right now. I won't go through all of them, but I suppose whatever you value most as far as the experience in the game, then just do that.

Though, one thing I will say about the complaints re: Gold and the resources / recycling players issue - the guys I get (however I get them, I rarely buy boxes) tend to perform just fine at Silver 10 even though I'm in Gold. Does well enough for scoring club points. I've been complaining about resources and such, especially prime xp, but if it's a rental player, they do tend to work just fine without taking them all of the way up.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    newfy said:

Nice to hear.   Its all about what makes you happy.  Everyone approaches the game differently and has different goals for themselves.   I have been gold a few weeks now and am starting to have my eye on what it takes to get to platinum.   
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    I went gold after Monday's WoH.  I maxed my hitter keepers (Mays + Ichiro) as well as 4 other hitters and one SP.  My legend is G2 for now.  I will cap him in gold.   I brought my keeper pitcher (DeGrom) to G1.

I had 370K XP and 3.7M in cash before jumping.  I maxed the hitting and trainer upgrades and am well on my way to maxing the other three hitting related upgrades.  I bought all 50 club boxes and still have more today to buy when the counter resets and they're available again.

Wednesday's "classic" WoH will be the big test for me to see how I do.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    I’m 78k silver and loving it.....no reason to go gold that I can think of.  Prime and bonus games will be a struggle at gold just like they are now for me once I pass x amount of games played (if I haven’t already). Expenses are lower than gold and my resources are swelling.  CVC is fine and just like at gold dependent on bonus guys.  Call me a sandbagger or whatever, but no plans for moving up any time soon.  
    Same with me. Staying silver until I feel like playing again and then move up gold. Will just chill and hoard as much resources as I can and probably won't even consider going gold until Legend sluggers come out and Slugfest won't be worth playing any longer. Will pretty much give up on WOH for now as well since it will be too hard & costly to cycle soon if I am not chasing new, stronger, bats all the time.

Figure with the new trend of GLU selling higher max players at $30.00 in specials tab & $20 9x weekend boxes on Sundays I will just invest in a few once I am ready to go gold and am ready to cycle WOH again and get a few top batters for later levels.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
     @Houmy @bigvivec What is your strategy with skills? Top 4 bats to pxp + keepers (to pxp) and ML? All worthy 2 skill high-max players (325+) + ML? Everyone?! I've abandoned my plans to go gold for now to try and accrue more resources.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited May 2019
     @Houmy @bigvivec What is your strategy with skills? Top 4 bats to pxp + keepers (to pxp) and ML? All worthy 2 skill high-max players (325+) + ML? Everyone?! I've abandoned my plans to go gold for now to try and accrue more resources.
    I usually max out skills then get upset when the player becomes obsolete a week later.  LOL

since I’m saving but not in a particular rush to go anywhere I spend up to the pxp usually for “good” skills and just cash and evo for skills like prime event if at all.  

BTW, asking houmy about skills is like asking DFBB if it’s time to increase strengths on keepers........  ;)