WoH for 5-13-19: Return of the Towers!

Comments

• newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Not sure wtf is up with this.  Beat classic with little trouble but can’t get through level 2 on DTI (HOF).  Made it to 2.10 once and now just lose random rounds with auto play. 
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    I struggled on Classic again.  Finally got through and think I'll just slow play DTI,  Can't play today when I have live boost so that sucks.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    woohoo77 said:
    I struggled on Classic again.  Finally got through and think I'll just slow play DTI,  Can't play today when I have live boost so that sucks.

Classic was tough for me too, but only Level 4.  Took me like 8 tries to get Lester, spent like 1700 gold.  But then level 5 was cake. 

HOF is too tough for me.  The existing walkoff gets me angry often enough, I don't need more frustration (like losing Level 1 autoplays, which happens all the time in HOF...at least to me.) 

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
     Yeah I'm struggling with level 4 in classic, lost to Lester twice after two runs. No live boost for this Sox fan today but I will spend the time manually playing HoF to make lesser tiers easier later (after I catch up with GoT lol omg NO SPOILERS SHHHHHHH!!). At least that is the plan.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Beat 6-10 with relative ease compared to last week.  About 1K gold used versus about 7K last week.  Experienced the awfulness of pulling 25K cash from the Yelich box.  Am I the only damn one that didn't get Yelich?
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Nope that was my fate too
    Lester took two tries.  Baez I was 2 for 10.  Votto 0-2, Legend 0-4, Ichiro 2-4.
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Nope that was my fate too
    I pulled cash too...
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Well I can kiss 1st place goodbye today. Usually a walk in the park but GLU gone and put me in the same bracket as xcovex.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Boston0714Boston0714 Registered Users, Member 168 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Well I can kiss 1st place goodbye today. Usually a walk in the park but GLU gone and put me in the same bracket as xcovex.

Yeah you're screwed with those guys hahahaha
    Houmy said:

Yeah you're screwed with those guys hahahaha
    Yep. It hasn't even been a week that I said if I ever get matched with him I'll simply go sit in a corner and wait for him to move on. Corner it is then 😕

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Definitely harder today, got up to level 6 in first 2 hours, finally got through, next week I’ll do medium first...
  • RichNorwoodRichNorwood Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Has anybody beaten "dont try this" with a silver team? I have a 65k silver team with 5 2 skill guys and cant even beat tier 2, just wanting to know if the game is continuing to force us to level up to compete
  • SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
    Has anybody beaten "dont try this" with a silver team? I have a 65k silver team with 5 2 skill guys and cant even beat tier 2, just wanting to know if the game is continuing to force us to level up to compete
    This man!  Ugh I'm almost identical to your team and I'm saying I can't even play my way outta round 2 lol it's gotta be me 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    This guy ain’t so bad. Got cash from the box though.
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    Made it to 6.9 but cost too much for retrys so I think I’m outta time (9 hours later). Lol.  Level 2 was harder then 3,4 and 5 for me.  I am so close and if glu wasn’t charging insane gold for retrys they would have sucked me in. 300 gold is already too much and now 450-500 ????   No thanks!!

Blew through another 4500 gold to cycle again only to pull the 25K cash BS again.  I have a pending Tapjoy game offer out there for 6300 gold, if it doesn't pay I'm deleting this app and never looking back.  
    Those buying mountains just to cycle HOF in hopes of landing Yelich should keep in mind the new trend of GLU offering $30 higher max players so much more frequently now. Just saying. 

I did
  • RichNorwoodRichNorwood Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    I did
    What does your team look like right now?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Super fun day today! 4x cycles each of 'classic' and 'hof.' I absolutely love the pattern of introducing new players in Woh and of course, it was nice to see our first prime player of the year. Here's hoping they will make pxp more readily available...like, tmrw's clash?? :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Anyone have the classic woh reward Albies at S10? 

• BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    @RichNorwood, 76k Silver team here, got it done. There's a couple other teams on my club that are silver as well that got through.  
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Congrats to all who pulled Yeli!! He is going to be a beast!
    Need more Living Legends!
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    BigHurt said:
    @RichNorwood, 76k Silver team here, got it done. There's a couple other teams on my club that are silver as well that got through.  
    I am similar (73k) but didn't bother pushing beyond level 2 with no live boost. Curious, how much gold did you spend to complete the cycle?
    DFBB said:
    Super fun day today! 4x cycles each of 'classic' and 'hof.' I absolutely love the pattern of introducing new players in Woh and of course, it was nice to see our first prime player of the year. Here's hoping they will make pxp more readily available...like, tmrw's clash?? :)
    Damn dude, now I feel silly not going gold and blowing xp on skills and sluggers that I rarely ever use. I can get through classic pretty easy but hof takes allot of patience and is very time consuming in silver. 
       How is autoplay on gold for HOF DTI?
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Well....after 5 Hours of Judas Priest, a bunch of gold ...I finally Beat it, I got this

what a kick in the junk.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    DFBB said:
    Damn dude, now I feel silly not going gold and blowing xp on skills and sluggers that I rarely ever use. I can get through classic pretty easy but hof takes allot of patience and is very time consuming in silver. 
       How is autoplay on gold for HOF DTI?

If you invest in your keepers and legend, 'classic' is literally and figuratively, free in gold. HoF is also very reasonable and with a bit of patience, can be done with very little gold. Auto play in HoF isn't very good. It's just too expensive and the sims are unreliable. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.