WoH for 5-13-19: Return of the Towers!

124Next

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    DFBB said:
    If you invest in your keepers and legend, 'classic' is literally and figuratively, free in gold. 

Yup, keepers and even 330 max with a skill and you're good to go with just video boosts (or none, if you're feelin' froggy).
  • newfynewfy Registered Users, Member 416 Posts
    So before I make my plunge to gold I ask do y’all think gold HOF was easier to beat then silver HOF???    @DFBB , @Wicked0Wildcats, and any others that may have a good input  on this ????
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Beat classic pretty easily (1 video restart on Lester). Slow walked 2 rounds of HoF, then just farmed 2x gold ads the rest of the day. I probably would have just kept cycling classic if not for 2x ads though for bxp.
    Level 2 HoF was already as tough as classic 4 so I didn't wanna dump all the weekend gold I'd made on retries in 5/6.
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Those buying mountains just to cycle HOF in hopes of landing Yelich should keep in mind the new trend of GLU offering $30 higher max players so much more frequently now. Just saying. 

@Houmy this is what I am banking on.
    Need more Living Legends!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    newfy said:
    So before I make my plunge to gold I ask do y’all think gold HOF was easier to beat then silver HOF???    @DFBB , @Wicked0Wildcats, and any others that may have a good input  on this ????
    I never played HOF in silver but I can tell you regular WOH is light years easier.  Especially guys like Baez, Lester and Miley who used to give me trouble.  I can only assume it makes even more of a difference in HOF
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @newfy Night and day difference between gold and silver. :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I can't speak for Gold yet in '19 but I had little trouble beating it in Silver the first time around yesterday.  Spent probably 1000 gold or so.  80 gold boosted Saeger with his double late inning boost at 7/20 each and he beat Syndergaard the first try easily with Noah only getting one out on Saeger.  This was before the live game boost.  

The second cycle during the live game boost was oddly much more difficult.  Took about 4500 gold and 4 or 5 tries with Seager vs. Noah.  
  • drknight24drknight24 Registered Users 92 Posts
    DFBB said:
    whammo911 said:
    DFBB said:
    Super fun day today! 4x cycles each of 'classic' and 'hof.' I absolutely love the pattern of introducing new players in Woh and of course, it was nice to see our first prime player of the year. Here's hoping they will make pxp more readily available...like, tmrw's clash?? :)
    Damn dude, now I feel silly not going gold and blowing xp on skills and sluggers that I rarely ever use. I can get through classic pretty easy but hof takes allot of patience and is very time consuming in silver. 
       How is autoplay on gold for HOF DTI?

If you invest in your keepers and legend, 'classic' is literally and figuratively, free in gold. HoF is also very reasonable and with a bit of patience, can be done with very little gold. Auto play in HoF isn't very good. It's just too expensive and the sims are unreliable.

DFBB- if u dont mind me asking whats ur what r ur skills leveled too on ur keepers and legend?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited May 2019
    @drknight24 Ichiro is currently 8/5, JT is currently 5/6, and ML is at 8% on skills.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • drknight24drknight24 Registered Users 92 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @drknight24 Ichiro is currently 8/5, JT is currently 5/6, and ML is at 8% on skills.
    Hmm ok cause schmidt is 5/6 and ichiro 5/6 , my legend at 9%. Dont know why i struggle lol. 
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    newfy said:
    Beating Classic WOH was the easiest it has been (I have my Keepers capped and My Legend was at Gold 4 when I started and ended at Gold 7).  I was able to cylce over 10 times (with over 10k XP each cycle).  With those kind of rewards I didn't spend too much time trying to tackle HOF as most people were posting it was taking them hours to beat.  I'd rather have the 10k xp per cycle instead of a chance of Yelich who I wouldn't be able to bring up to a respectable level without much Prime XP.  I'm using my initial Prime XP to upgrade skills for My Legend as he is a beast at Gold (though very VERY expensive).
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Oh man... I'm 0 for 11 vs Wade Davis on 3.10 on HOF. I know Will Clark should smoke this guy, just some bad luck so far.
    Its funny him and 3.9 Knebal give me as much issues as any one else throughout the whole thing which seems very odd