*Video Issue*

2Next

Comments

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Got a message from glu saying that the ad problems is not their responsibility but 'video availability is completely dependent on advertisers. If they want to advertise to your specific demographic they may offer videos, but if not, then you will not have any to view. Unfortunately, there is no way to make them want to show videos."

I see there are post about resetting ad or limit ad tracking. Wonder if anyone had success with android phones? I'm not on iOS.
    Ad tracker reset doesn't work on iOS. And what they said is a half-truth. It's based on how much they're asking for to run the ads. That has to have changed because no one had an issue with videos to this extent for this long prior to this. They upped their ask, so no ads matched with what those buyers were willing to pay CPM. I work in media, this is how video and display ads work on web sites. Saying it's the fault of the buyer is like saying "I blame the customers who aren't buying our overpriced product for our lack of sales."
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    This gold isn’t free. Im giving them my time, my location and access to my device. They need to fix this trash. 
  • frickinsaintfrickinsaint Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    On latest version of Android:
    Settings-Google (services and preferences)-Ads-Opt out of ads personalization
    I just tried this as my ads are back, were completely gone just before I did this and reloaded the game.

Good Luck!
    To solve this problem, if you have an Iphone:
    1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap Privacy.
    3. Tap Location Services.
    4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap System Services.
    5. Toggle the Location-Based iAds switch off.
    This will make videos work again (and give you the ability to report all 30 second videos you don't like so they wont show up again)
    I had to turn off Limit ad tracking, Settings > Privacy and scroll to bottom > Advertising and toggle off. I can replicate it by turning off killing app and turning it back on. Ads will stop. Turn that setting off, kill app and restart and vids are back. I recall enabling this recently.
  • tdh23tdh23 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    My guess videos will be back on at 8:00 pm, with a video limit. This happened last year. 
  • tdh23tdh23 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    They’re back, now let’s count the limit 
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    I was only able to get about 500 gold so roughly 125 videos. But not even the boosts or anything work
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    If this video limit is permanent, I'm kissing this game goodbye. The only way for f2pers to think about competing with spenders is by watching ads for gold to succeed in woh and slugfest and cvc. If we can only watch x videos per day, I'm out. That would be the last straw, and I know many other of my friends would quit too.
    If this video limit is permanent, I'm kissing this game goodbye. The only way for f2pers to think about competing with spenders is by watching ads for gold to succeed in woh and slugfest and cvc. If we can only watch x videos per day, I'm out. That would be the last straw, and I know many other of my friends would quit too.
    Videos are the only thing that keeps me playing this game. Especially on double gold. I save up about to spend about 12k every weekend event, and if that changes then there is no way I can keep up with other teams that spend hundreds of dollars. 
    Hopefully this helps for those of you concerned about the ads. 
    Hey Glu, this needs to be fixed today. We need video restarts for Slugfest and WOH.
    Yeah I tested late last night...500 gold and videos stopped. Still "a thing".
    I just opted back out fo ads personalization and ads work again. Maybe we just have to go back and forth. I hope this doesn't get me banned.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    dustyhunks said:
    I had to turn off Limit ad tracking, Settings > Privacy and scroll to bottom > Advertising and toggle off. I can replicate it by turning off killing app and turning it back on. Ads will stop. Turn that setting off, kill app and restart and vids are back. I recall enabling this recently.

Well, I'd turned it ON not OFF, and have watched tons of vids since doing that yesterday with no issues. It did wipe out my pending offers though, so that sucks.
    edited May 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY I've just confused myself. It was toggled on when I checked just now. Could have sworn I had turned it off last night prior to testing. Vids working now but I will track how much I watch to see if I lose them again after 125.
    @dustyhunks Completely unrelated to TSB, but I tried to opt out of personalization after ordering a toilet from Amazon, and it kept reversing my changes. Probably happened here too. Google really wants to personalize your ads.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Got a message from glu saying that the ad problems is not their responsibility but 'video availability is completely dependent on advertisers. If they want to advertise to your specific demographic they may offer videos, but if not, then you will not have any to view. Unfortunately, there is no way to make them want to show videos."

I see there are post about resetting ad or limit ad tracking. Wonder if anyone had success with android phones? I'm not on iOS.
    The videos may very well be a Tapjoy service as well since there are offers for watching videos on the offer wall as well so as far as video issues not being GLU's responsibility may be true. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    How do you personalize ads?  Like removing some of the longer 20-30 second ads?
    @dustyhunks ah, I gotcha... yeah, seems I've watched more than 125 vids since doing that but haven't been counting.
    Ok, so I did eventually run out of videos. Toggled "Limit Ad Tracking" again and videos are back. This is annoying though, because doing that causes all of your pending offers to be erased.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    In my experience, if Glu has implemented a cap on videos, and you find a way to circumvent that cap, you're at risk of being jailed.  Glu has no mercy when it comes to these things. 
    If they jail me for changing a setting on my phone as it relates to my own personal privacy regarding display ads, then I will definitely look into some refunds/disputes.

I'm not too worried about it though.

This is certainly not how you get people to play your game. I would cycle both these today regardless but I'm going to run out of videos soon and will not use gold. With a long weekend coming up, double gold or not, I would be much less inclined to play this game at all with behaviour like this. WTF do they think they are?
     This is certainly not how you get people to play your game. I would cycle both these today regardless but I'm going to run out of videos soon and will not use gold. With a long weekend coming up, double gold or not, I would be much less inclined to play this game at all with behaviour like this. WTF do they think they are?
    I can’t even get passed the last level of round 4. Especially with no video boost or a restart. And my best hitter in that spot is a max G10 340 Sanchez. And they have the balls to put out “Evo for Vlads exit Velo” bullshit. They said last night they’re ad team was working hard on it but I don’t think it takes almost 12 hours to fix a problem like that 
    TBWepa said:
    I can’t even get passed the last level of round 4. Especially with no video boost or a restart. And my best hitter in that spot is a max G10 340 Sanchez. And they have the balls to put out “Evo for Vlads exit Velo” bullshit. They said last night they’re ad team was working hard on it but I don’t think it takes almost 12 hours to fix a problem like that 
    *their
    edited May 2019
    @TBWepa
    They said they have people working on it? Was this a random CS response or did they make an announcement somewhere? All I've seen people posting are responses from CS to the effect of it's Tapjoy and thus not their problem. If that's the case, that "they have people working on it", then it's some kind of system bug/error and not a deliberate limiting of how many videos we can watch in a day.

EDIT: Okay, I did read up in this thread and can see a CS agent had acknowledged some kind of problem but didn't give a timeframe. Would be nice to have this resolved before double gold, even if there's a workaround like we have found with toggling the Ad Tracking setting.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @TBWepa
    They said they have people working on it? Was this a random CS response or did they make an announcement somewhere? All I've seen people posting are responses from CS to the effect of it's Tapjoy and thus not their problem. If that's the case, that "they have people working on it", then it's some kind of system bug/error and not a deliberate limiting of how many videos we can watch in a day.

EDIT: Okay, I did read up in this thread and can see a CS agent had acknowledged some kind of problem but didn't give a timeframe. Would be nice to have this resolved before double gold, even if there's a workaround like we have found with toggling the Ad Tracking setting.
    I work mostly Graveyard shifts for 12 hours a night almost all of the time being an extra body if they need. Last night killed me not being able to watch videos and if double gold is this weekend and the same issue occurres then I will drive myself crazy not being able to get ahead and not give Glu any money. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    TBWepa said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @TBWepa

I work mostly Graveyard shifts for 12 hours a night almost all of the time being an extra body if they need. Last night killed me not being able to watch videos and if double gold is this weekend and the same issue occurres then I will drive myself crazy not being able to get ahead and not give Glu any money. 

If it's double gold weekend and i can't stream vids freely, I'll be ripped for sure. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    So I just went ahead and asked it says I cannot exceed the limit. So how could I be jailed for something I cannot do?