POTM Castillo

2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
I love the guarantee of this box for 2 k gold but I’m not sure how much longer he will be boosted. Any idea when his rating drops down? Doing it when POTM first comes out would be worth it. 

Comments

• PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    He is currently 340. He will be 310 after his ratings drop. It should happen on or around June 1st.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Thanks 10 days doesn’t seem worth it
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @PhillyPhan87 For sure a 310 after the drop? POTW Ryu dropped to 300 while POTW Thor is 305 yet they were the same, if I recall correct, POTW boost.

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    But "they" listened when most of us said we liked this idea of 2k gold for a good player. I think they missed the memo of the type of player lol
    Just my thoughts: I got him on the first day or so of POTM. He is my ace currently with 1190 IP, 117 Wins, 15 Losses, 1.80 ERA with a .182 BAA. Even at 310 max he would still be my 4th starter (as of today) and while the prime skill stinks he does have RHB skill which is nice. It's depends on your situation really. I hold on to PotW and PotM in case they get it again. Yelich in particular has gotten PotW more than once which is great. Not sure if they release a new version for each month of PotM tho. For PotW they updated Yelich and gave him a skill.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    @PhillyPhan87 For sure a 310 after the drop? POTW Ryu dropped to 300 while POTW Thor is 305 yet they were the same, if I recall correct, POTW boost.

Yea when they had the POTM boxes available they stated what everyone would drop to
    KSMETS said:

Yea when they had the POTM boxes available they stated what everyone would drop to
    I also have SP Glasnow and even though he is 340 now, they stated he would drop to 300, which means he is currently my SP2 and after the drop would be a sub for me.

I don't get why they only have that info up for a limited time, it's extremely useful to know what they will drop too after the week or month ends.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    He plays for the reds and that’s the award that the reds will get all year so he won’t resurface again. Lifelong reds fan speaking from experience 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    edited May 2019
    Not sure if they release a new version for each month of PotM tho. 

Last year they released a new version when a player won POTM again. The old one didn't get reboosted.
    buddydave said:
    Not sure if they release a new version for each month of PotM tho. 

Last year they released a new version when a player won POTM again. The old one didn't get reboosted.
    Ok, it's good to know that I can trash Glasnow at the end of the month. Thanks!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    @PhillyPhan87 POTW players get boosted again if they are chosen down the road but POTM do not as they are associated with the months so if they are chosen again a new one with that month's banner would be released. Once they lose their boost trade them in if they don't make your roster. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Houmy said:
    @PhillyPhan87 POTW players get boosted again if they are chosen down the road but POTM do not as they are associated with the months so if they are chosen again a new one with that month's banner would be released. Once they lose their boost trade them in if they don't make your roster. 
    As always, Professor Houmy is on top of things!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷