Options

87K prime points 15 minutes after it starts...? How?

roysmalleyroysmalley Registered Users, Member 26 Posts
How is that even possible considering bonus points don't count towards prime points

Comments

• Options
    TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    How is that even possible considering bonus points don't count towards prime points
    Spend gold on the streaks. Should take about 20 game win streak and about 300 gold 
  • Options
    roysmalleyroysmalley Registered Users, Member 26 Posts
    ah... so the event is basically a gold suck if you want to place high
  • Options
    Basically. Normal spenders won’t spend on the weekend prime event because of the high spenders. But will do it on the weekday event because of less competition to get the top rewards. 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    If if that’s their goal then yes. I’ve never thought that the return on investment was worth dropping a bunch of  gold to compete for the top spot
  • Options
    It’s definitly not but some probably do it for the shits and gigs 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited May 2019
    87K isnt that high.   I just have Renfroe and put up over 500K in 5 games.  I am platinum so the multiplier is higher but still dont think thats too outlandish. 

edit: i totally misread this, sorry
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    87K isnt that high.   I just have Renfroe and put up over 500K in 5 games.  I am platinum so the multiplier is higher but still dont think thats too outlandish. 
    I think this was the individual bracket being mentioned. 87K isn’t incredibly difficult as it is somewhere around an 18ish game win streak. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited May 2019
    I think this was the individual bracket being mentioned. 87K isn’t incredibly difficult as it is somewhere around an 18ish game win streak. 
    Oh ok gotcha my mistake.  yes I think 18 is about right so 300 gold or so
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    This is why the weekend event still exists imo, serves as a huge gold sink between streaks and boxes.  People will spend huge not because risk vs rewards are worth it people just like to win for the thrill and to prove points.  Rewards need to be smoothed out from 6 to 100 and if they would do so clubs that won’t reach top 5 but can finish 32nd for instance would actually try more if their gold would net something more than a few #1 picks and 3000 exp
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    My PB win streak in’18 was 139 games..........just sayin’....... ;)
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    How much gold did that take
  • Options
    JASONWFRITTSJASONWFRITTS Registered Users 48 Posts
    TBWepa said:
    Spend gold on the streaks. Should take about 20 game win streak and about 300 gold 
    Yep. I hit between a 30-35 win streak each time.  Spent about 2k gold so far and have 1.25 mill prime points 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    bigvivec said:
    How much gold did that take
    It wasn’t cheap.