Obtaining More Resources

TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
Been having a little trouble obtaining more resources to improve my team such as upgrades bxp, pxp (even though I don’t have a prime yet), cash, and evo. I can usually cycle WoH a few times with the time I have during the day. But I was wondering if what club your in matters to obtaining resources? My club currently maxes out on the tier rewards every event but we only have 1 win on the year. Other than that it has been spotty with some good placements and bad placements in both events and CVC season. Does this have any effect on being able to obtain resources faster? And what is the best way you all have found to obtaining resources fast? 

Comments

• midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    WoH is the best way to obtain resources, but on non event days, I'd suggest cash battles and watching videos for gold.  5k blue cash to play, 8k for a win, and 100 bxp for a loss plus you obtain gloves.  It's slow to do it, but you will gather blue cash.  I know you wrote you cycle WoH a few times, if you want to do it a little more, watch videos for gold during the week, which will save you time on restarts when you make it to 4.10 or 5.10 to help you cycle faster.
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    @midgetmullet yea I watch videos relentlessly until Glu’s new recent quota for some. I have 45k gold but wait to spend it sparingly on boxes to get better players like primes. Having a hard time with mainly cash, BXP, and Evo. But looks like I might have to upgrade my sluggers then lol. Only have a slugger strength of 16k. 
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    edited May 2019
    TBWepa said:
    @midgetmullet yea I watch videos relentlessly until Glu’s new recent quota for some.
    This has me about ready to quit the game all together. I mill gold ads while at my desk at work which was earning me 1-2k gold per day which I used on boxes, cvc & woh boosts/retries. Now I'm down to saving for just boxes. I turned down cycling twice yesterday because I didn't wanna drop 240G and just chose to end the 5.10 match x2 on my third run.
    My only options are resetting ad ID and risking ban or quitting the game. Both options suck and have yet to decide what I'm gonna do.
    WoH is my resource farming tool, for sure. Even if you don't feel like cycling over and over, just get it back to level 1. Then you can autoplay the first 7 rounds while doubling your cash and landing tons of bonus games and 2nd round picks. I just let them strike me out on round 8 since that one costs gold to sim.
    @Scioscia_Fan & @TBWepa
    Is toggling on/off the "limit ad tracking" on your phone the same as resetting the ad ID?  When the videos stop, I toggle that on and off and the videos work again.  Not sure if this is something you can get banned over, but I know a lot of other teams do this and you will have endless videos again.  
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited May 2019
     @midgetmullet It is not. There is an option under toggle to actually reset that ad ID, however I do not know if this still violates Tapjoy TOS. It's vague on purpose, with little recourse for someone against an already obfuscated third party if a ban takes place.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Well, if they start banning people for toggling the add tracking, then I’d be done with the game for sure. I wouldn’t bother trying to get it unlocked as this would prove they are getting even more greedy. I don’t think it will happen though. I think they did only double offers this weekend because they know if they did double videos as well, no one would do any offers. I’m sure they get some kind of cut from the offers and they probably saw a drop in offers completed. Not such a bad business idea.
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    @Scioscia_Fan & @TBWepa
    Is toggling on/off the "limit ad tracking" on your phone the same as resetting the ad ID?  When the videos stop, I toggle that on and off and the videos work again.  Not sure if this is something you can get banned over, but I know a lot of other teams do this and you will have endless videos again.  
    I have "opt out of ads personalization" (Android). Not sure if that's the same thing but ill try it. Thanks!
    @dustyhunks
    I'm using an IOS so the offers suck as they took away the game play offers and I don't feel the need to fill out KFC and Wendy's surveys to obtain gold.  If I get banned for toggling the "limit ad tracking" I'll let you all know, but I've been doing it since the first post about this option after the video limit happened.  So I'm sure I have toggled this as much as anyone and if they are going to ban me, they should have those analytics by now.  I'll be surprised if this is something they will ban me for, but I guess time will tell.  In the meantime, I've accumulated 1,100 gold for WOH tomorrow so the toggle is my friend.
    @midgetmullet Looks like I was wrong:

If you choose to enable Limit Ad Tracking, Apple’s advertising platform will opt your Apple ID out of receiving ads targeted to your interests regardless of what device you are using. Apps or advertisers that do not use Apple’s advertising platform but do use Apple’s Advertising Identifier are required to check the Limit Ad Tracking setting and are not permitted by Apple’s guidelines to serve you targeted ads if you have Limit Ad Tracking enabled. When Limit Ad Tracking is enabled on iOS 10 or greater, this Advertising Identifier will be replaced with a non-unique value of all zeros to prevent the serving of targeted ads. It is automatically reset to a new random identifier if you disable Limit Ad Tracking.

Resetting the identifier just clears whatever ad info related to you is stored on the device.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205223

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    TBWepa said:
    Been having a little trouble obtaining more resources to improve my team such as upgrades bxp, pxp (even though I don’t have a prime yet), cash, and evo. I can usually cycle WoH a few times with the time I have during the day. But I was wondering if what club your in matters to obtaining resources? My club currently maxes out on the tier rewards every event but we only have 1 win on the year. Other than that it has been spotty with some good placements and bad placements in both events and CVC season. Does this have any effect on being able to obtain resources faster? And what is the best way you all have found to obtaining resources fast? 
    Of course it matters.  If you can hold your own in a club that takes top 3s consistently you’re a leg up on most players.  That said, to hold your own takes gold;  I laugh at the posts in global that have good players begging for spots in top clubs.....not how it works.   Top clubs are top because they have great teams that SPEND.  ....so while there are many approaches to the game including cycling diamond for gold, slugs and WOH cycling, CvC hopping to win a lion share of boxes and being in a top club, the common denominator of all the best teams you come across is that they have invested a lot of gold......either garnered via endless hours of videos, diamond cycles or credit card, that’s where it’s at.  
    Top guys in my club are at lv 14-15 in all star tickets already.   Take out the calculator and sort out that one. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Top guys in my club are at lv 14-15 in all star tickets already.   Take out the calculator and sort out that one. 
    My abacus 🧮 doesn’t go that high 
    Neither does mine and my wife’s DEFINITELY does not..... ;)
    edited May 2019
    @midgetmullet @dustyhunks is this in the IOS settings or somewhere in the game? I know there is one in the iOS settings but I tried it and didn’t work for me 
    TBWepa said:
    @midgetmullet @dustyhunks is this in the IOS settings or somewhere in the game? I know there is one in the iOS settings but I tried it and didn’t work for me 
    IOS. Settings, privacy, scroll to the bottom, advertising, toggle on and off a few times, restart the taps app
    @midgetmullet thank you 
    @bigvivec thank you, I’m thinking I’m trying to find myself a different club. This one just ain’t working out for me. My team strength is 73k w/ 46k gold in the wallet so if you know anybody that is looking for strong player
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @midgetmullet Looks like I was wrong:

If you choose to enable Limit Ad Tracking, Apple’s advertising platform will opt your Apple ID out of receiving ads targeted to your interests regardless of what device you are using. Apps or advertisers that do not use Apple’s advertising platform but do use Apple’s Advertising Identifier are required to check the Limit Ad Tracking setting and are not permitted by Apple’s guidelines to serve you targeted ads if you have Limit Ad Tracking enabled. When Limit Ad Tracking is enabled on iOS 10 or greater, this Advertising Identifier will be replaced with a non-unique value of all zeros to prevent the serving of targeted ads. It is automatically reset to a new random identifier if you disable Limit Ad Tracking.

Resetting the identifier just clears whatever ad info related to you is stored on the device.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205223

The idea they'd ban for resetting the ad identifier is silly. Any iOS app approved by Apple is mandated to follow their guidelines, and Apple obviously allows you to do so. Plus it doesn't mess with anything in an unfair manner. 
    Yeah I've been thinking about this lately. There is an option to Reset Advertising Identifier which is what would constitute a ban (maybe? manipulation of device ID at least?) by Tapjoy based on the ToS in offers. I don't see any ToS for videos and like you said, if Apple doesn't label the toggle as an ID reset but rather the option underneath the toggle I don't think anything would come of it. @Cooz19
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Yeah I've been thinking about this lately. There is an option to Reset Advertising Identifier which is what would constitute a ban (maybe? manipulation of device ID at least?) by Tapjoy based on the ToS in offers. I don't see any ToS for videos and like you said, if Apple doesn't label the toggle as an ID reset but rather the option underneath the toggle I don't think anything would come of it. @Cooz19
    It makes sense for the offers if Tapjoy is unable to track devices any other way (I've signed up for offers for other games and I've reset the ad ID before and during game play). The videos are run on an entirely different program. 

Or more simply put, I've been doing it often for a month and haven't been banned. Maybe my time is coming, but frankly, I wouldn't play this game if I couldn't help make them money by watching videos in exchange for gold at my leisure. 
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    You will be banned from competing offers from tapjoy if you reset your advertising id to many times. Happened to me last year. You will still be able to watch videos though.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Any theories on when the next double-gold vids will be?  I am trying to keep my spending down early in the year.