Options

Ohtanisan WOH Royale Prize

Comments

• Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    Absolutely.
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Once I got past Lester which took 5 times, it was pretty much a breeze.  Ohtani is not a bad prize at all not sure I’ll ever use bases loaded skill lol 😂. But for a 325 hitter with RHP skill not bad. And unlike last week were there was a pitcher for WOH, I can cycle constantly while contributing points with Ohanti  WOH bonus
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I got through with the WOH Skill Pete Alonso for 5.9 and Rizzo Double Skill for 5.10 one video restart and 200 gold for boost.
  • Options
    slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I hope the trend of WOH player will be a bonus player tomorrow
  • Options
    Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Yup, all about the money, I just regret making a purchase today, clearly they don’t deserve it. 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’ve struggled much more with 5-8 Manaea (2-5) than I have with 5-10, even with the diamond level Bauer (2-3). I love the fastballs from Bauer, because they are actually fast 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I agree with bigpreffan. The harder they throw the easier it is to get hits. They supply power for you
  • Options
    woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    That's for sure true.  Today is brutal though.  I'm not getting killed by curves, it's fastballs that are being hit into double plays or lazy fly balls.  All three outs in some cases.
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Lost to Bauer.  Honestly not willing to spend gold today.  If I get him I get him, if I don't I don't.  Mediocre max, weak 2nd skill,  inflexible position.  At some point you consider if they're worth the resources.  
    I'm not so sure about that. Even with just RHP skill active at 8% that puts him on par with ML, add vid boost, second skill active and live boost and man, he's suddenly a beast.
    I mean, you're not wrong, but you could say that about a lot of guys.  There are plenty of one skill 325 maxes in the game,  and to me,  that's what Ohtani is, a one skill 325 max.  That bases loaded skill is nothing but intended eye candy as a 2nd skill without any real value.  I won't invest in bases loaded skill, it's useless.  Just far too rare, won't help at high levels in WOH, won't help almost ever in CvsC, it's just not worth resources.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Didnt know gallo was a righty

• Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Easiest WoH by far for me. Never lost a match till Manaea, video replay, lost once to Bauer, Gold replay, Done!
    I didn't use a single boost today and seemed to do better. Go figure.
  • Options
    Lost to Bauer.  Honestly not willing to spend gold today.  If I get him I get him, if I don't I don't.  Mediocre max, weak 2nd skill,  inflexible position.  At some point you consider if they're worth the resources.  
    I'm not so sure about that. Even with just RHP skill active at 8% that puts him on par with ML, add vid boost, second skill active and live boost and man, he's suddenly a beast.
    I mean, you're not wrong, but you could say that about a lot of guys.  There are plenty of one skill 325 maxes in the game,  and to me,  that's what Ohtani is, a one skill 325 max.  That bases loaded skill is nothing but intended eye candy as a 2nd skill without any real value.  I won't invest in bases loaded skill, it's useless.  Just far too rare, won't help at high levels in WOH, won't help almost ever in CvsC, it's just not worth resources.
    I havent put him through paces but Im not as pessimistic about bl skill I guess. I wont throw xp at it but an extra 4% boost when it does apply cant hurt. From royale/classic rewards he’s best lefthand bat and hit slightly less than Santana. All my guys are 325 max besides Prime Meadows and ML so that doesn’t affect my opinion of him. 
  • Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    I havent put him through paces but Im not as pessimistic about bl skill I guess. I wont throw xp at it but an extra 4% boost when it does apply cant hurt. From royale/classic rewards he’s best lefthand bat and hit slightly less than Santana. All my guys are 325 max besides Prime Meadows and ML so that doesn’t affect my opinion of him. 
    BL isn't my favorite but tossing the cash upgrades to it will seldomly pay off some. I won't invest further on that. Still better than the garbage "season mode" & "tournament" (like the Buehler I hit today). I like Ohtani, aside from the DH designation.
  • Options
    0/14 on 4.5 all of a sudden. Double play after double play. 
  • Options
    midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    0/14 on 4.5 all of a sudden. Double play after double play. 
    I was having trouble at 4.5 too.  I put Ohtani there and he hasn't lost since.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited May 2019
    He’s a rental for me. Doesn’t even make the bench. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Bats are 100% nerfed today 
    Haven't had any time to play today but judging from all the comments it looks like GLU is playing around with the difficulty settings again?
    I’m a silver 85k team and have been stuck at lv 4 then 5 for 2h.  At the moment it is a real kick in the .......
  • Options
    bigvivec said:
    Houmy said:
    Haven't had any time to play today but judging from all the comments it looks like GLU is playing around with the difficulty settings again?
    I’m a silver 85k team and have been stuck at lv 4 then 5 for 2h.  At the moment it is a real kick in the .......
    That’s a real cliffhanger there. I may not be able to go to sleep until I find out what you were goi...........
  • Options
    tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Baez was def tough today. I had to use my Sanchez on him. But had others to help beat level 4. I swear. Level 4 is tougher than 5. Bauer was no match for Sanchez this week or last.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    bigvivec said:
    Houmy said:
    This happened to me last week (80k silver team). Took 3 hours for first cycle. This week only trouble came at 4.5 in second cycle. Must have taken 15 tries to get past Floro. Then it was relatively easy. Didn’t lose to Triggs again and against Leblanc was 6/7 with ML. Alonso crushed Lester and Manea into bits yet again. 
  • Options
    Baez was def tough today. I had to use my Sanchez on him. But had others to help beat level 4. I swear. Level 4 is tougher than 5. Bauer was no match for Sanchez this week or last.
    I forget who it was but someone recommended ML on Triggs/Baez/Miley/Leblanc and I havent looked back with the exception of Triggs at 3.6. Rizzo and now Ohtani handle him with ease. 
  • Options
    JDowl25JDowl25 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Wouldn’t say I needed a DH but ohtani is a nice addition for WOH until higher rated guys come out
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Just went diamond yesterday and pretty excited to add Ohtani.   Should help me a lot while I slowly accumulate more diamond players

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Just went diamond yesterday and pretty excited to add Ohtani.   Should help me a lot while I slowly accumulate more diamond players

I have a semi-valid suspicion that all you people claiming to have gone diamond and fare well in WOH are not really actual players but rather bots unleashed on the forum by @DFBB with the sole purpose of tricking me into going diamond. I also have another semi-semi-valid suspicion that @DFBB himself is just another bot released by @Bigpredfan with a mission to screw with me. #bigpredfanisplayingthelonggamegate
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    TheHolyGhostTheHolyGhost Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Houmy, you make these forums worth visiting!
  • Options
    Houmy, you make these forums worth visiting!
    Thank you friend. I try. To be honest with you I have way more fun in the forum than the app this year. 🤘

• Options
    You think @dfbb is a bot released by me @houmy?  Ain’t no way. If I wanted to screw around with you I would use all 6 of my created forum accounts to really mess with people.  ;)
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited May 2019
    @Houmy We're not bots, I have no idea what you are...

****************system error******************

...talking about!!
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Houmy We're not bots, I have no idea what you are...

****************system error******************

...talking about!!
    @JEDDDOGGY I know you are a bot for sure already. I was after all in the same club with you for a weekend. @Sandpipers can verify 😁

• Options
    PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    I cycled once, got Ohtani, and stopped. I can't seem to go thru WOH more than once this year before losing interest. I've been working on keepers and ML in the Gold tier the last few weeks, I haven't even leveled up Ohtani, Darvish, Santana or Kieboom. Santana and Darvish might get leveled up eventually, probably with the June VIP gift. I'm hoping that by the time I get around to Ohtani that I have better options but we will see. The gifts have been awful so far so I'm just working on leveling my team for now. Taking it easy.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH