Playing with VPN?

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
edited June 2019 in General TSB Discussion
I saw another member mention playing with a VPN set to another location (large city) to help with free gold videos. I turned ipvanish on and the game wouldn't even boot up, does anyone else have any experience with this?
"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Comments

• midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Is this English?
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Is this English?
    Nope, but I’ll translate. It means “I’m probably gonna get jailed”
  • SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Used it extensively in the first few months of 18 when I couldn’t get any videos, like 5/Day was a good day....fixed everything for those who say geography doesn’t play a role in advertising placement. Then in June I found videos were working quite ok without it, so I stopped and haven’t used since then.
    Since this situation now seems to be a global problem, I wouldn’t think VPN is the solution....
    It's all done with mirrors
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @retirepujols don’t do it. It will jail your team
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I live in Indonesia and have had zero video issues....also we get regional vids (not in English)  that are different   than when I go visit the states so yes, geography does play a role.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    To those of you with worthwhile responses, thank you! I definitely don't want to be banned, I guess I'll just have to deal with the janky video situation. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    To those of you with worthwhile responses, thank you! I definitely don't want to be banned, I guess I'll just have to deal with the janky video situation. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    My response was because I’ve heard of people getting jailed, then CS mentioning a VPN as a possible reason. I remember one instance where someone was jailed due to a VPN when playing on, of all things, WiFi at a Walmart 
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    No problem, happy to help
    My response was because I’ve heard of people getting jailed, then CS mentioning a VPN as a possible reason. I remember one instance where someone was jailed due to a VPN when playing on, of all things, WiFi at a Walmart 
    That sucks. I'm an over-the-road truck driver, so I use a lot of public Wi-Fi as well. Thankfully the game wouldn't even load for me when I tried it.
    No problem, happy to help
    😂😂👍🏻