Should I move up?

Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
I am at silver 6, and have been stalling on playing the playoff game for a while.  I am getting absolutely smoked in bonus games (30% wins, if that).  I am playing almost exclusively gold teams, and have had a better ranking than every one I lost to. 

Do I have enough resources to go gold, and compete right away?  I know I am low on bxp and pxp, and might struggle to get my primes up to speed, but if I clear my bench, I can raise a good chunk of bxp.

Answers

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts

This is trading in all inactives, except those that will replace potw and potm, after they drop.
    edited June 2019

This is my current CVC lineup.  Deitrich, Phillies box Franco, and either Monster May Robles or Nats box Kendrick, would replace potms.  All skills at 6 for all players.

SP are all 340 max, or better, double-skill (all at 6).  RP - 4 at 310 max, 1 at 300 max.  All 1 skill (all skills at 6).
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Your primes will suffer; you might get all of them to gold two. Otherwise you'll probably want a little bit of XP if your keepers and my legend are important. To get keeper and ML to gold 10 it's 500k; however keepers are only 125k each.  

Overall you're fine. I would personally stack up some XP first, and then go up next week.
    I don't expect to crush right off the bat (especially being so low on pxp), but I have no idea which way to go.  I am able to cycle woh both days (classic on Monday), without a huge gold dump, and I am doing fine in prime games, but tournaments and bonus games are nearly impossible to succeed.  Currently at about 83k team strength at silver 6.
    I don't worry about ML at all, and I am even willing to leave all keepers behind for now (bring them up slowly, as I recover xp and cash).
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    You'll be fine outside of your prime players. You can always hit Mondays WOH as hard as you can to stack xp (and maybe make the jump Monday if you can cap your top hitters so you can cycle the reward to g10).
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    You'll be fine outside of your prime players. You can always hit Mondays WOH as hard as you can to stack xp (and maybe make the jump Monday if you can cap your top hitters so you can cycle the reward to g10).
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I can't cycle-cap because Monday and Wednesday are the days when I have the least time available.  I can usually get through without any gold spent (if the live boost starts between 6-10 eastern), but I always run short on time before I can get a 2nd.  I usually only get about 15 minutes at the beginning, and have to pick back up after I get home from work.
    edited June 2019
    My biggest issue is impulse-control.  If I see a bonus player that will help me, and the club, I have to give a few boxes a try, and if I land him, I can't stand not capping him.  Therefore I burn xp, when I should be saving up.
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    My biggest issue is impulse-control.  If I see a bonus player that will help me, and the club, I have to give a few boxes a try, and if I land him, I can't stand not capping him.  Therefore I burn xp, when I should be saving up.
    I’m also guilty of that. 😕  

You’ll be strapped for cash (if you plan on maxing upgrades) and xp early on in gold, but you should still win bonus games, if that’s all that matters to you.  You’ll probably regret leveling up your PotMs if your plan is to do that and use them until they regress, but I think you were saying you had guys you were leveling instead of the PotM guys.  You’re also losing your most dominant guys on the last 4 rounds of WOH if you take away your primes (but you still have pretty good options), keepers, and legend.  I’d probably stay silver, maybe until the PotM guys lose their boost.  Then you could crush the remaining WOHs this month and save up some resources, go gold in July and start off with some new PotMs.
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    edited June 2019
    Delete
    Thanks for the input, guys.  I really appreciate it.  I think I will suffer through until at least 7/1, and go that route.  That way I don't waste resources on POTMs.  I need pxp bad, because the primes are my top 3, by a pretty good margin.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I moved up a couple weeks ago from silver to gold after cycling one time in Royale (whatever day Dahl was).  I had 290bxp, 4m+ in cash, plenty of evo and not much pxp.  Was able to spend down to about 130-140k bxp remaining and around 1.5m in cash to be able to cycle several more times with one SP and a handful of bxp players and meadows prime to s4 and maxed all hitting upgrades, pitching halfway up.  By the next Monday WOH I had leveled several more bats and two more pitchers, won the season and cycled several times that day.  Smooth transition and was cheaper than I’d thought it would be.  Gearing up to do the same on platinum now.  

Big issue RE your team for me is that the top 6 bats you have aren’t going with you.......3 get demoted and the primes are pending how much you want to spend on prime improve boxes.  I’d say get another 100k together and go for it!
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I moved up a couple weeks ago from silver to gold after cycling one time in Royale (whatever day Dahl was).  I had 290bxp, 4m+ in cash, plenty of evo and not much pxp.  Was able to spend down to about 130-140k bxp remaining and around 1.5m in cash to be able to cycle several more times with one SP and a handful of bxp players and meadows prime to s4 and maxed all hitting upgrades, pitching halfway up.  By the next Monday WOH I had leveled several more bats and two more pitchers, won the season and cycled several times that day.  Smooth transition and was cheaper than I’d thought it would be.  Gearing up to do the same on platinum now.  

Big issue RE your team for me is that the top 6 bats you have aren’t going with you.......3 get demoted and the primes are pending how much you want to spend on prime improve boxes.  I’d say get another 100k together and go for it!
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I went gold before the Royale WoH that was suddenly difficult. Had almost 500k bxp, 30k+ pxp for 2 primes, 3.5mil cash, 600+ evo. Leading up to going gold I both stopped spending completely and tracked what I saved. Took me 12 days to save more than double my xp and evo so it is doable. Just need to be disciplined. As @bigvivec said losing your top 6 would be a major dent in progress. Even while silver when I lost Alonso and Bellinger PoTM my cycling was hindered. Those are quite important bats in combination with an uncapped legend and no keepers possibly as well? I would hold off or reconsider and get your potential maxed first.

Getting smoked in prime and bonus games is not something you should care about. Your season and CvC scores will suffer in gold at first especially if the move is half-assed with a partially leveled team. I brought 8 bats and 2 pitchers to g10, ML to G5 (where he still sits), 2 keepers to G4 (now both at G6) and only 1 prime to G4 (G7 now). Xp dropped down to mid 60k which I have finally started to put away again (200k+ currently) but still have my single prime at G7 and left Segura silver. I also havent recovered the evo I spent and am down to 1/3 what I had when I went gold. I didn't chase players except for Pence but have used some xp to level those that I did get that I felt could help offset losing 3 May PoTM players soon which has put off my move to platinum for a least a few more weeks.

Big takeaway, if you're into CvC, stay silver longer and hoard everything you get, track it and plan. While I don't regret going gold I do wish I had waited a little longer.
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I am never disciplined enough to save all of the resources needed for a jump. I had enough to get most of my hitters to G10 and am still working on my keepers about 3 weeks later. I have been able to cycle WoH every time and win CvC if I have a bonus player. Going Gold has made Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Weekend play much more bearable, and am still able to compete in my favorite event, WoH. So, I say make that move. Just be prepared to adjust your WoH strategy as your top players have temporarily shifted from your Keepers to others. 
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I am never disciplined enough to save all of the resources needed for a jump. I had enough to get most of my hitters to G10 and am still working on my keepers about 3 weeks later. I have been able to cycle WoH every time and win CvC if I have a bonus player. Going Gold has made Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Weekend play much more bearable, and am still able to compete in my favorite event, WoH. So, I say make that move. Just be prepared to adjust your WoH strategy as your top players have temporarily shifted from your Keepers to others. 
    @scottpdann I have the discipline issue too.  I am like a child.  I MUST level any shiny new toy I get (Prime Happ yesterday, and Sanchez today).  Now I am back to 75k bxp, and almost no pxp.  Plenty of Evo and enough gold to take all my actives to G1, and buy a few pxp boxes, but the waiting continues...
    Just do it. If it sucks, if will only suck for a little while. Think of pulling off a bandaid, just rip that sucker off real quick like and enjoy the burn. 
  • BrucepedesBrucepedes Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    When I leveled into gold I chose one keeper that was going to come with me into that tier. That way I could retain the majority of my xp for the non-keeper players and level quickly. With the xp you have saved up you’ll no doubt compete. The primes are always a little tough to get going because they just require so much xp. I love when the 300 gold prime XP deal II deal comes around. 
    “Too high? What does that mean, too high?”

-Major League 
    When I leveled into gold I chose one keeper that was going to come with me into that tier. That way I could retain the majority of my xp for the non-keeper players and level quickly. With the xp you have saved up you’ll no doubt compete. The primes are always a little tough to get going because they just require so much xp. I love when the 300 gold prime XP deal II deal comes around. 

-Major League 

-Major League 

-Major League 

-Major League 
    My bad my post was freezing like crazy on my phone now I come back here and there's 5 of the same post. Sorry @Tdub71

-Major League