xxxGeneral Infoxxx

CanadaCubsCanadaCubs 1,489 PostsRegistered Users, Member
edited June 2019 in General TSB Discussion
ladies pm me!!! How do I become vip?  When does fan rewards start? Why is slugfest lagging? Weekend odds suck!  I’m at level 10 in All Star rewards and I’m not VIP, they say I need to be more active in the forums, Am I ready to move up?, etc...   

Can this be the general thread for usual questions,statements, and observations that have been clogging tsb?

Comments

• whynotwhynot 424 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    So are you suggesting that this is where we exchange nudes?
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs 1,489 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    whynot said:
    So are you suggesting that this is where we exchange nudes?
    Preferably not. Confirm with @DFBB and @Houmy
  • retirepujolsretirepujols 2,936 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    I like you, @CanadaCubs. Also, this flashing red arrow on my all star progression is not pleasant to look at so I understand those posts 🤪
    Just me in my world of enemies.
    I was wondering about the "ladies pm me" posts in global, though. I truly want to hear a real story of that working for somebody. "Grandad, how'd you meet Grams? Well, boy, I posted 'ladies pm me' on tsb and wouldn't you know it, your grandmother pm'ed me! We made your daddy that night and it was all downhill from there." 
    @retirepujols, thanks....  The big one for me is VIP.  Spending money to meet GLUs threshold simply to become a VIP is beyond frustrating. It’s about being involved in its community within in my opinion. It gets tiresome whether it’s on global or forums where people assume it’s simply monetary. It is, and it isn’t. There is no secret recipe for acquiring the badge. But nothing grinds my gears more than people posting garbage on the forum just to say that they did. Just my 3 cents
    I feel you. I've learned and continue to learn way more about this game than I ever imagined through these forums. Before the forums I could barely score any points on CVC, now I usually win highround/MVP. I couldn't get past level 1 of WOH, now I'm able to cycle (if my arch nemesis Sale allows me to), and I've also learned that KFC makes all kinds of crazy heart attack-inducing foods. I'd say that's pretty good 👌🏻
  • Tdub71Tdub71 1,045 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Don't forget the invaluable lessons learned in the balsamic tread.  Still the single most useful thread of the year so far.
    Ahh, yes. I didn't even know there was a world of fancy olive oils and such. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Experienced Member 1,007 PostsRegistered Users

Cooz19 said:

I downvoted you simply on the fact I believe the name has been used lol
    I’d like to add that players should observe the forums as a wealth of information. I only joined a month or so into 2018, but guys like dfbb,houmy, bpf, etc offer so much insight into the game within the game. Odds are odds. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. This isn’t Glu, this is life in general. Also, don’t throw away your franchise coins. I’m waiting for an update on an update that they just might be relevant...
    Tdub71 said:
    Don't forget the invaluable lessons learned in the balsamic tread.  Still the single most useful thread of the year so far.
    Couldn’t agree more. @midgetmullet has been relatively quiet as of late...me suspects he’s at the crossroads between straight balsamic vinegar and specialty olive oil/balsamic vinegar blends. He could be questioning a lot of aspects to his desired sauces to his meals. It’s understandable 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 861 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    When will we get double gold again. We can add that 🤣🤣
    Swing or no swing you're missing that curveball.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Experienced Member 1,007 PostsRegistered Users
    Cooz19 said:

I downvoted you simply on the fact I believe the name has been used lol
    I can respect that, @CanadaCubs
    Tdub71 said:
    Couldn’t agree more. @midgetmullet has been relatively quiet as of late...me suspects he’s at the crossroads between straight balsamic vinegar and specialty olive oil/balsamic vinegar blends. He could be questioning a lot of aspects to his desired sauces to his meals. It’s understandable 
    Serious contemplation.  He may have gone to see a guru for guidance.
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet 273 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Tdub71 said:
    It just seems like a lot posts about this baseball game you guys are into. I’m here for the balsamic recommendations. 
    I had to resurrect that thread.  Found a pic of the pizza I mentioned.
    I feel like it's time to add "mY viDeOs aRen'T WorKiNg," and "iS thErE a CAp oN VidEoS?" to this discussion. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett 1,425 PostsRegistered Users, Member

The sauce is the boss
    you can't spell deteriorate without Detroit

• sherold22sherold22 84 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    You guys have definitely improved my game thanks to your helpful tips and awesome pdfs. I know it's great to get your takes on things and it's also funny to read.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First 312 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    @retirepujols, thanks....  The big one for me is VIP.  Spending money to meet GLUs threshold simply to become a VIP is beyond frustrating. It’s about being involved in its community within in my opinion. It gets tiresome whether it’s on global or forums where people assume it’s simply monetary. It is, and it isn’t. There is no secret recipe for acquiring the badge. But nothing grinds my gears more than people posting garbage on the forum just to say that they did. Just my 3 cents

I agree that if members only end up making a few dumb posts, it becomes annoying.  However, I have to admit, that’s how I originally ended up joining the community, when I inquired to CS about VIP, after getting the frustrating, blinking red arrow.

Once I started browsing around on here, I realized how valuable an asset this forum is, both for casual and serious players.  Now I try to contribute and it has its own bookmark on my browser homepage because I check on the forums every few hours, just to see if there is anything new that might answer a question I have or be helpful in some other way.

So, as annoying as those posts are, someone new to the forum has to start somewhere and they don’t often even know they should first check for threads of the same topic.  Just my two cents.
    edited July 2019
    I will say that @retirepujols, @CanadaCubs, @Houmy, & @JEDDDOGGY are some of the biggest ASSets to this forum....I get good info daily,I laugh at them,they laugh at me and the 4 of them are only off by 3 letters.............

edited July 2019
    I'm not sure how to take this last post. I will return later after a considerable amount of contemplation.

Edit: after 6 hours of contemplating, I have come to the conclusion that @matt_sackett is a total dOOPS.. WE NEED TO RESTART
    edited July 2019
    Just sayin'.. you're an asset...  (and you upgraded now you're only off by 2 letters ) Hell I didn't even call out @midgetmullet for making my Dr. tell me to cut out the Balsamic or its an early grave.

I'm not sure how to take this last post. I will return later after a considerable amount of contemplation.
    ironically I was "contemplating" when I wrote that, took me 2 flushes and 15 minutes......

as annoying as those posts are, someone new to the forum has to start somewhere 
    And the ones that stick around will most likely be annoyed by new threads asking the same question that brought them here. Circle of life, Holmes 🥴